Dating has changed so much in so little time

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember when texting first became mainstream. This was right before i phone 1. If you texted a women she would say " don't be a bytch just call like a man". Now it's the exact opposite. If you call then you are a creeper.

The same can be said for online dating. If you were dating online in the early 2000's you were a weirdo. Now if you approach in real life you are a weirdo.

The GenZ guys truly can't imagine how different it was back then. Women we're almost....fun. An average guy could have decent success well up until around 2012ish. Much of the rift between some posters is just a generation gap. The world has changed so much so quickly that it's hard for us to relate to each other.

The fact that up to 30% of GenZ guys are still virgins is astounding. This was almost unheard of in the Millennials. Back in the day some chick would give you some puzzy.

You have to laugh at this stuff sometimes. Its truly a dark comedy

spred

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting (sms, apps) has the advantage of hiding your emotions and giving you the time to react and change your mind. In person interactions make it harder.
Works like a charm for women (they have 20 guys texting) instead of meeting 20 guys one at the time. Also works well for men who can text 20 women at a time.
It’s a fuked up world, but this is an equaliser for 80 percent of men and women.

svencandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem I see in the future is limiting access to women. Once dating is all taken all online, AI will be able to monitor your conversations and effective pickup and seduction will result in bans. Only simps will be allowed to stay. AI will be able to track exactly who’s getting laid and who isn’t, so they will be able to encourage simping behaviour and ban masculine, attractive behaviour. This is the huge danger of a fully digital online dating future that’s controlled by Woke AI.
Game is game.

If something gets banned, then you work your way around it.

"Simp" game actually works okay. Normal conversation about things, if she likes your profile she will be keen to share number and take IRL.

You dont need to be using mystery method online right now. Plenty of success (aka taking it offline) to be had right now.

Plenty of girls not looking for one night stands or FWB, to quote themselves, but you still meet date and **** them. In some ways plating these chicks is easier, because they are past the neurotic stage of trying to hook up as much as possible, and just want some good connection with good sex.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't help but feel bad for these guys. I pulled with zero game or looks or status back in the day. Thank God for extroverted women that targeted chumps like me. Literally just polarity in demeanor when you had zero sex appeal or common interests was enough.
Exactly lol. You could actually " just be yourself" back in the day

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting (sms, apps) has the advantage of hiding your emotions and giving you the time to react and change your mind. In person interactions make it harder.
Works like a charm for women (they have 20 guys texting) instead of meeting 20 guys one at the time. Also works well for men who can text 20 women at a time.
It’s a fuked up world, but this is an equaliser for 80 percent of men and women.
My thing is that how does what women find attractive change so fast? It's seems like cultural programming is overriding " evolution" at a record pace.

In the early 2000s texting was seen as beta and cowardly. Women naturally want a bold man.

Now texting is preferred. Did we just override women's natural wiring? Do they deep down actually hate when a man texts.

Austria **** recently made a video saying women secretly hate texting..it got me thinking.

spred

Don Juan
Reaction score
My thing is that how does what women find attractive change so fast? It's seems like cultural programming is overriding " evolution" at a record pace.

In the early 2000s texting was seen as beta and cowardly. Women naturally want a bold man.

Now texting is preferred. Did we just override women's natural wiring? Do they deep down actually hate when a man texts.

Austria **** recently made a video saying women secretly hate texting..it got me thinking.
I don’t think so, it is only evolution. I am 44 and date women 35-40, which were dating 15 years ago. If they hated texting then, they love it now. I am getting instant responses on texts and delayed on phone :))
Another factor I think is the trend given by the younger generations. They made texting better than phone calls.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was a good article about some changes in game from the early 2000s until the late 2010s.

I remember when texting first became mainstream. This was right before i phone 1. If you texted a women she would say " don't be a bytch just call like a man". Now it's the exact opposite. If you call then you are a creeper.

The same can be said for online dating. If you were dating online in the early 2000's you were a weirdo. Now if you approach in real life you are a weirdo.
iPhone 1 was released in July 2007. You're talking about 2005-1st half of 2007. In 2005-first half of 2007, you didn't need to text women. Women expected to make phone calls. In that time, I had a basic cell phone that was used only for making phone calls and the main advantage of it was that I could make and receive phone calls when I wasn't at home. I received a few text messages per year on this during that time. Women didn't expect you to text. I'd say that by the 2009-2010 period is when women started expecting text messages. They also expected you to have a smartphone around then too and if you tried to get women's numbers with a basic/flip phone around then, you were seen as a leper.

I started noticing around 2010-11 that it was difficult to get anyone to talk on the phone, male or female. I turned 27 in 2010 and 28 in 2011 and was mainly dealing with people 22-28, male and female. Texting became more practical then.

It's true that if you were dating online in the 2000-2004 era, you were a weirdo. I remember driving to high school in the year 2000 and hearing a radio segment about how online dating had become de-stigmatized. I think that was wishful thinking at the time but around 2005 is when it was de-stigmatized. From 2005-2012 (the latter part of the website era), online dating was normal but plenty of people were still meeting offline. When apps replaced websites is when tech assisted dating became the norm. I'd say 2013-15 is when that happened.

Since about 2015, I've had many instances where women could not process the fact that I was approaching them. One of the more drastic instances of this occurred on a walking path where I made a comment about the tourist destination on a woman's t-shirt and tried to make conversation around that. She started walking faster when I did that and acted like I was a homeless man asking her for money. That was socially inept. She wasn't the only one to do that. In the 2015-19 era (pre-pandemic), I did many grocery store approaches where the woman didn't understand a man approaching them and making conversation in that setting. It seemed like a such a foreign concept to them and it was uncomfortable for them. It is understandable why they might act that way, as daygame (non-bar approaching) has always been a niche activity, even from 1985-2005. However, their reactions demonstrated an overreliance upon tech, which is something that a 20 something woman in 2005 wouldn't have done.

The GenZ guys truly can't imagine how different it was back then. Women we're almost....fun. An average guy could have decent success well up until around 2012ish. Much of the rift between some posters is just a generation gap. The world has changed so much so quickly that it's hard for us to relate to each other.

The fact that up to 30% of GenZ guys are still virgins is astounding. This was almost unheard of in the Millennials. Back in the day some chick would give you some puzzy.
I think you're overstating how successful average men could be in the 2000s. The 2000s was not that great of an era for the mating environment. With that said, 2003-2006 (when I was 20-23) was an easier environment than 2012 and later. I moved to a new city in 2011, just like I moved to a new city in 2005 after college graduation. I recall having a conversation in early 2012 about how women were unfriendlier and a bigger pain to deal with in 2011-12 as compared to 2005. It was amazing to me to have a similar relocation circumstance in 2005 and 2011 and have the experiences be different.

Most of the big changes happened when the Millennials were in their 20s/maybe early 30s. The stuff that @Pandora thinks are unique to the Gen Z men had their origins in the first half of the Millennial generation (1982-1988 births). If things were so great in the mating environment in the 2000s, "The Game" (published in 2005) would not have been as popular as it was. Roosh and Heartiste had their origins in the 2000s.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
A lot a stuff change. Some stuff dosent. We try different things and find what works for each of us.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The 21 year old that I went on a date with didn't know my age. When she asked I said "guess" she responded with "well, since you called me instead of texted I assume your older." I couldn't tell if it was a positive thing or not. She seemed happy to just get asked on a date by a stranger.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You have to laugh at this stuff sometimes. Its truly a dark comedy
Im also noticing how were having to use pull back techniques, and "get your ex back" techniques on women we've barely met, with how hot & cold they are, due to having hidden boyfriends.

the first 3-6 months of a relationship should be fun & enjoyable, there is nothing enjoyable about this dating process, it gives me E.D.

I've had to mirror 3 chics N.C this week, who had the audacity to pursue me hard, then literally 1 nights sleep later theyve decided to go N.C..... :rolleyes: this is hassle we used to put up with 1 year down the line, not 1 week.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not even that complicated bro. This is what’s happening.

Women are ego maniacs. If they pursue you hard and then abruptly ghost on you then she’s consciously trying to manipulate you. She’s love bombing and withdrawing exactly like a narcissistic abuser. The effect this abrupt “ghosting” is meant to have is you then start simping and sending her a million texts. She saves all the texts and shows them to her girlfriends as evidence of her desirability “YaaSss”
I wouldn't doubt you if these were OLD, and miles away.

but these are women in my social circle/area, I have no doubt whatsoever theres always an ex in the picture.

these chics will literally send you a good morning text, and vanish the same morning.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 21 year old that I went on a date with didn't know my age. When she asked I said "guess" she responded with "well, since you called me instead of texted I assume your older." I couldn't tell if it was a positive thing or not. She seemed happy to just get asked on a date by a stranger.
Yeh many younger women have never been on a real date. The guys dont take them out in order to court them. They just invite them over. These younger chicks are truly surprised when you take them out.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh many younger women have never been on a real date. The guys dont take them out in order to court them. They just invite them over. These younger chicks are truly surprised when you take them out.
This makes me wonder if there's a bell curve to the effectiveness of courting(dates). I wonder if it goes something like 18-21 could be more open to courting, due to wanting to experience a "mature" relationship. Then 22-27, they'd view the guy wanting to take them on a date as a resource pool with no sex given to him while the "chads" just netflix and chill. Then 28 and up back to wanting the courting to find "Mr. Right(Mr.Naive).

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if there's a bell curve to the effectiveness of courting(dates). I wonder if it goes something like 18-21 could be more open to courting, due to wanting to experience a "mature" relationship. Then 22-27, they'd view the guy wanting to take them on a date as a resource pool with no sex given to him while the "chads" just netflix and chill. Then 28 and up back to wanting the courting to find "Mr. Right(Mr.Naive).
Which Is why I don't understand why guys still take girls on dates to court them.

I can't remember the last girl I fvcked who even mentioned a date, thats suppose to come later after you smash a few times and they start catching feelings.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason she ghosts is she's confirmed you're still an option, presumably you confirm this for her. So she's relieved, she can go back to pursuing the other d1ck she wants
ofcourse I confirmed it, I asked her out, she left that message unread :rolleyes: (even though we all know shes read it from swiping down)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In other words, different generations with different problems to solve. Dating was probably more painless a few decades ago, sure. But I imagine it still brought a ton of headaches.
If you look at any era in the last 100 years, a case can be made for why there were headaches. Tech assisted dating on the internet was invented in the early to mid 1990s to address the difficulty of approaching (mainly bars for adults, but high schools and colleges as well) of the mid-1970s to the early-to-mid 1990s.

What we have now is a world that's essentially an opium den of sex for the top men. It seems very obvious to me. I don't know why other men can't see it.
The top men have had it good for the last 20 years. There has been a re-distribution of sexual access, sort of like a lot of nations have experienced a re-distribution of wealth since 1980. In the re-distribution of wealth since 1980, more of the wealth has gone to the upper tier, the middle tier has hollowed out, and the bottom tier has done worse, though they've always done bad. The same has happened in sexual access. A top 10-20% guy in the mid-2000s and beyond probably has more sexual access than a top 10-20% guy did in recent times before. The mid-tier men have seen their sexual options dwindle, as have the lower tier men, who were always doing not so well.

Women are complete pawns in this. All the tech and social engineering was invented by men. The world they wanted to create (and have created) is a world where the top men have easy access to all women without commitment. Casual, sterile sex.
The top men have a good deal. I've tasted a part of what top tier men have though it hasn't been easy for me. I have had a decent amount of sterile sex. Some of it has been casual. All of it has been without permanent commitment.

They also wanted to create a world where women are super hostile to men, and men are super hostile to women (divide and conquer). It's worked a treat. This is why all those divorce laws and rape laws were signed in. Men and women are now totally alienated from each other.
I agree that men and women are totally alienated from each other.