Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men's protective instinct

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to touch on a subject relating to men's need to care for and protect the person he loves. (Love in this sense, meaning wanting good things for / care for / protect someone else).

This is an instinct men have, that women don't have for men. And men actually receive pleasure in doing this. It's almost the same way women receive pleasure from caring for her baby. It aligns with the biblical structure of men being the head, then the woman, then the children, and the loves flows downwards.

After reading the book from Rollo Tomassi The rational male - Religion. He states that for men to naturally be caring, self-sacrificing and protective, the woman needs to be submissive aswell. And that comes natural for women if she respects him.

Rollo also states that the goal of the red pill is to decrease this natural response of protection and caring in men, in response to women being taught by feminism, not to be submissive, not respect and not to follow the lead of the man. Which goes against their nature aswell. As a woman will naturally be submissive to a man she respects.

My question is this, why would we seek out relationships where both parties have to fight against their own natures? For me, that is succumbing to the flawed, backwards, modern world.

There's two approaches to this. If you're with a woman who doesn't respect you (Why would you?). Then don't be overly protective towards her.

If you find someone who respect you, and listens to you, etc. Then don't fight the natural feeling of being protective and loving towards her, since we derive pleasure from it.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a great post. We finally have someone with an original thought here. Good job.

I agree to most things you said.

I only engage with a woman who is respectful and compliant, I will care about her to an extent, still prioritising my life and goals.

If a woman is brash, rebellious and doesn't respect me, I would avoid her.

I will not be with a disrespectful woman, pretend to "not care", just so I could keep her horny for me. Life is too short for that noise.

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
What a great post. We finally have someone with an original thought here. Good job.

I agree to most things you said.

I only engage with a woman who is respectful and compliant, I will care about her to an extent, still prioritising my life and goals.

I will not be with a disrespectful woman, pretend to "not care", just so I could keep her horny for me. Life is too short for that noise.
That's a good approach. There's not much satisfaction being with someone who secretly resents you and doesn't respect you, waste of time and energy. You might even start resenting yourself for being with such a person. In that case, absolutely don't waste your resources on such a person. But going so far that you don't let yourself show those qualities to anyone, because "all modern women have been duped by feminism" is going to far imo. There's a balance to all things.

Last edited:

gabvfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta be careful with that, these days women take advantage of that "protective instinct" and It seems that it actually turns them off, just my experience.

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta be careful with that, these days women take advantage of that "protective instinct" and It seems that it actually turns them off, just my experience.
What about the fact that men derive pleasure from it? It's the reason we see all these simps, it's in our dna.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I do much better with women when I’m a selfish jerk

gabvfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about the fact that men derive pleasure from it? It's the reason we see all these simps, it's in our dna.
Yeah I agree it can feel good, but I think this is a symptom or form of oneitis, which grows fonder the more you invest on it, I could be wrong tho, but that "protective instinct" is also form of simping, you are putting the girl above yourself and her safety, she notices this, and it can get old rather quickly, at first its sweet for them and it soon starts to be smothering and suffocating.

Now I think it also depends on how you showcase this protective instinct, are you showing it with words, or through actions?

You can do little things here and there that shows them you care, or you can tell them constantly to be careful about this and that blabla which will soon start to piss them off, especially cause I think when a girl really needs you,she will turn to you, you don't really need to actively engage in protective behaviour.

Simping is bad. People think they are caring for that person, and in some cases they are, but a girl interprets this most of the time as being insecure and needy and that you are trying to buy affection, remember genuine desire can't be negotiated, she will think you are compensating for lack of other qualities.

The most important thing is don't overdo it and if you feel the need to do it, atleast show her through actions and not words.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That part about it is insane. Her natural feeling is to enjoy that and they've suppressed it and made it a negative thing when most men don't realize that women are taking advantage of that instinct.

Hoodie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I agree it can feel good, but I think this is a symptom or form of oneitis, which grows fonder the more you invest on it, I could be wrong tho, but that "protective instinct" is also form of simping, you are putting the girl above yourself and her safety, she notices this, and it can get old rather quickly, at first its sweet for them and it soon starts to be smothering and suffocating.

Now I think it also depends on how you showcase this protective instinct, are you showing it with words, or through actions?

You can do little things here and there that shows them you care, or you can tell them constantly to be careful about this and that blabla which will soon start to piss them off, especially cause I think when a girl really needs you,she will turn to you, you don't really need to actively engage in protective behaviour.

Simping is bad. People think they are caring for that person, and in some cases they are, but a girl interprets this most of the time as being insecure and needy and that you are trying to buy affection, remember genuine desire can't be negotiated, she will think you are compensating for lack of other qualities.

The most important thing is don't overdo it and if you feel the need to do it, atleast show her through actions and not words.
I think it's about balance. Show through actions. The problem today, is ofc. That women compete with men in careers and goals. So it becomes unbalanced when you're both chasing careers and the man wants to "sacrifice and protect" for the girl, but she's not feminine and receptive. In order for her to also compete in a career with other men, she needs to draw on masculine qualities. Which I can see what Rollo is getting at.

Last edited:

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That part about it is insane. Her natural feeling is to enjoy that and they've suppressed it and made it a negative thing when most men don't realize that women are taking advantage of that instinct.
No it’s actually a beta signal. Think about it, any man who thinks he’s lesser will attempt to bribe. I.e. use something other than himself as a means to sweeten the pot.

Likewise in the wild, alpha male lions lay around all day while the females provide the meals.

It’s perfectly natural for women to see protector and providers as simps because they are

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it’s actually a beta signal. Think about it, any man who thinks he’s lesser will attempt to bribe. I.e. use something other than himself as a means to sweeten the pot.

Likewise in the wild, alpha male lions lay around all day while the females provide the meals.

It’s perfectly natural for women to see protector and providers as simps because they are
Not protective in a financial sense. Protective in a physical sense if that's your woman.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not protective in a financial sense. Protective in a physical sense if that's your woman.
This too I believe actually. Most protection is born from insecurity. A man who has options won’t give a sh!t if he loses one

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This too I believe actually. Most protection is born from insecurity. A man who has options won’t give a sh!t if he loses one
Not mate guarding. Actually being fully masculine in her presence and ready to step up and protect if the situation requires it. Almost like certain dog breeds "just know" when to protect their family and loved ones.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not mate guarding. Actually being fully masculine in her presence and ready to step up and protect if the situation requires it. Almost like certain dog breeds "just know" when to protect their family and loved ones.
I prefer to be a cat than a dog. There’s a great book I read years ago by a pimp who said a man needs to model the cat

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score

^^^This^^^There's nothing wrong with caring about and wanting to protect women who are truly 'vulnerable' - nothing 'White Knight' about that - just don't marry them (as they could be the wolf in sheep's clothing...you never know). It's when women arrogantly 'expect' that you put them on a pedestal and treat them like princesses that men need to say "Next".

'Men's protective instinct' needs to be for their interests, first and foremost. Like when you fly on a plane...you put your (oxygen) mask on first, then worry about other passengers.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Fair point,but I think it’s within a man’s natural imperative to protect,as much as it is a woman’s to seek protection from the nearest man in a dangerous situation.It is masculine to be able to protect,it is weak to be unable to.That’s one reason why girls like strong guys,beyond it being attractive and being indicative of good genes,it also suggests elevated capacity for protection. I don’t think it’s a bribe,but a part of a quality package deal,like how women are expected to be submissive and feminine.The issue is wasting this capacity on unworthy women,or women just leading you on.Now that is beta.