Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking up waitresses

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys have some good techniques for transitioning from talking to someone in a professional setting to getting a bit more personal. What I'm thinking is something like making an observations such as "I like your eyes" or some other minor compliment. Another idea would be to ask them a question like "Are you new here? Are you a student".

Obviously I know that waitresses get hit on a lot, but still want to give it a try as I tend to come across quite a few that I like and the problem is my mind often goes blank and I find it hard to think of something to say that would take them out of the worker/customer frame without making things awkward. Another idea I had was speaking to them in English and seeing how they respond. Then I could use the fact that they speak English or don't speak English as a pretext to give them my card and suggest meeting up to practice.

Obviously the pretext is BS and they'll know that it's BS, but i think would be better to have a pretext just in case some kokblocker butts in or they decide to be an attention whoare and show it to everyone. It would also be useful as a quick way of giving my contact details without embarrassing her or myself in front of everyone (i.e. it's more discreet), as people here tend to be nosy and judgemental.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, I dont ever go after women whose job is to seduce you for tips. Strippers, waitresses, the whole shebang. Playing the game with them is boring. There are times when I play back and thats when I have a silly mood in me. So far, theyve all been mostly successful with female bartenders giving me free drinks, hopefully trying to entice me to drink some more, and waitresses giving me extra service. So you can do it if you want. It's a fun exercise if anything to test if they can remain a seducer or become the seduced. They're still only girls in the end. Even strippers fall for guys they like.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way that most men are capable of success with strippers, bartenders, waitresses, and other public facing jobs is to meet them when they aren't at their jobs. That's either through cold approaching or setting up a social circle with those types of people.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, I dont ever go after women whose job is to seduce you for tips. Strippers, waitresses, the whole shebang. Playing the game with them is boring. There are times when I play back and thats when I have a silly mood in me. So far, theyve all been mostly successful with female bartenders giving me free drinks, hopefully trying to entice me to drink some more, and waitresses giving me extra service. So you can do it if you want. It's a fun exercise if anything to test if they can remain a seducer or become the seduced. They're still only girls in the end. Even strippers fall for guys they like.
In this country nobody ever gives tips, so there's not that to worry about. On the other hand, there's an attitude that any time a man talks to a woman it's automatically considered harassment.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cøcky funny is the way with hired guns. I start with a situational observation, about how busy or not the place is for instance, moving straight onto playful teasing of her in relation to the situation. If she's receptive I amp it up.

At some point you have to bite the bullet and go for the digits; "...we'll continue this conversation".

You have the right ideas already. Opening them in English and teasing them on their English is worth developing. As is having a business card and a pen to write your "personal number" on the back when handing it to her. You won't have her number though. It's a high value approach as it implies you're important enough for her to contact you first, but many girls are shy even after a positive interaction. She sees a lot of important good looking guys every day.

Edit: Otherwise the old "you finish at ten, right? Nine, cool. I can tell you're the right girl to give me a tour of the area." is a valid ultimatum if you're just passing through.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just talk to them but don't be overtly flirtatious in your language...keep the flirtatiousness in your subtext or body language. When you get a chance just ask if they're allowed to grab a drink with customers. This way she's not put on the spot professionally and can say "we're not allowed" if she won't/can't. Failing that you can always leave your number and say "you seem cool, text me if you want to chat more some time." That works more often than guys think (but it's still better to get hers).

As for everybody else, bottom line is you can't be worried about those guys. They're just jealous they don't have your balls.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cøcky funny is the way with hired guns. I start with a situational observation, about how busy or not the place is for instance, moving straight onto playful teasing of her in relation to the situation. If she's receptive I amp it up.

At some point you have to bite the bullet and go for the digits; "...we'll continue this conversation".

You have the right ideas already. Opening them in English and teasing them on their English is worth developing. As is having a business card and a pen to write your "personal number" on the back when handing it to her. You won't have her number though. It's a high value approach as it implies you're important enough for her to contact you first, but many girls are shy even after a positive interaction. She sees a lot of important good looking guys every day.

Edit: Otherwise the old "you finish at ten, right? Nine, cool. I can tell you're the right girl to give me a tour of the area." is a valid ultimatum if you're just passing through.

This guy has got waitress game sewn up , dont think theres anything else to add

will note though these women are usually "battle hardened" and personally i wouldn't want to get involved with them unless she was VERY attractive ( which she usually wouldnt be if she was working in a cafe)

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
99,9% of waitresses are h00kers. I banged a few and they are not worth it. They are low quality women so I wouldn't waste my time anymore on them.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I was approaching I quickly made a rule not to try to seduce hired guns. They are literally paid to be nice to you so it wasn’t an accurate reflection of my ability
Here that's not really the case. Outside of the the USA people don't tip much. In the UK not in cafes anyway. Here in Turkey, people don't tip at all even on big meals. So people are not paid to be nice, just to do their job and sometimes they are nice and sometimes not.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I live they are not, or very rarely
Maybe its because I don't live in the US where those jobs are usually underpaid low wage shi´t jobs?
I currently live in Sweden, but I am from Denmark and here its usually students that work in the hospitably industry waiters, bartenders etc.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe its because I don't live in the US where those jobs are usually underpaid low wage shi´t jobs?
I currently live in Sweden, but I am from Denmark and here its usually students that work in the hospitably industry waiters, bartenders etc.
I'm also in Europe not US

timmyroni

Banned
Reaction score
There are no 'special techniques' that magically attract waitresses. This is the height of naivete.

Either there is mutual attraction or there isn't. You want a good technique? Become more attractive.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously I know that waitresses get hit on a lot, but still want to give it a try as I tend to come across quite a few that I like and the problem is my mind often goes blank and I find it hard to think of something to say that would take them out of the worker/customer frame without making things awkward.
At 41 years old your mind goes blank thinking of something to say to a 22 year old girl making $15/hour who has been f*cked 7 ways from Sunday? Come on bro.

Just talk. ‘How is your day going? What are you doing after work? Do you have a boyfriend? Care to join us? Where is that tattoo from? Did it hurt? What are you studying? Do you like to run? Let’s go running together. Do you like movies? Let’s go see a movie together, etc, etc, etc.

Men should be able to control a Fortune company with 500 employees. Yet some girl at a restaurant makes us nervous? I’m scared for our future.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can be done within the professional setting, but I find this is fairly difficult for a variety of reasons (fear of how they look in their job, etc.). I think the easier route is to see them OUTSIDE of their professional setting. If there is a social event somewhere, inviting them out to that puts no pressure on them since it is technically not a "date" per se. Get them out then make your move once she doesn't have her boss/manager to worry about any longer.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 41 years old your mind goes blank thinking of something to say to a 22 year old girl making $15/hour who has been f*cked 7 ways from Sunday? Come on bro.

Just talk. ‘How is your day going? What are you doing after work? Do you have a boyfriend? Care to join us? Where is that tattoo from? Did it hurt? What are you studying? Do you like to run? Let’s go running together. Do you like movies? Let’s go see a movie together, etc, etc, etc.

Men should be able to control a Fortune company with 500 employees. Yet some girl at a restaurant makes us nervous? I’m scared for our future.
Why does it matter how old he is? This is why the forum exists is to discuss strategy for picking up women. Going after a "hired gun" is a pretty high level endeavor when it comes to game so it isn't surprising that someone would pose a question about it -- regardless of his age. There's no need for the machismo.