Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Picking Up A Woman On a First Date

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you gonna pick a girl up in NYC? Walk to her apartment and then to the subway? Hail a cab together? Rent a horse and buggy and pick her up in that?
Why the hell not? Listen there are a few things in terms of etiquette that modern boys need to come to grips with.

One of them is being able to pass scrutiny of a woman's roommate, sorority sisters, parents etc. before spending time alone with them. It could mean the difference in whether she sleeps with you on second date or the fifth date if her roommate gives you the high sign. Even on a night out at the bar, I've had mother hen friends make or break the bounce. So put your best foot forward and be a leader. "Where shall I pick you up?" You are taking charge of the situation.

If you are not the kind of MAN that someone would like to see his or her daughter, sister, friend with then rethink your appearance and mannerisms.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell not? Listen there are a few things in terms of etiquette that modern boys need to come to grips with.

One of them is being able to pass scrutiny of a woman's roommate, sorority sisters, parents etc. before spending time alone with them. It could mean the difference in whether she sleeps with you on second date or the fifth date if her roommate gives you the high sign. Even on a night out at the bar, I've had mother hen friends make or break the bounce. So put your best foot forward and be a leader. "Where shall I pick you up?" You are taking charge of the situation.

If you are not the kind of MAN that someone would like to see his or her daughter, sister, friend with then rethink your appearance and mannerisms.
I have no problem with chivalry and picking a girl up for a first date. But most don’t want you to do that these days so guys don’t even offer. Women don’t want chivalrous men, if they did there would be more of them.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Get this nonsense out of here you're a mutt

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do a first date your way or not at all, there will be other women and maybe other dates with her, your terms only, do not bend, set the expectation early on and hold her to it, your self respect is above all with these women, they are on your program or not at all

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a woman cancel a date because I wouldn't pick her up or pay for her Lyft (lol)
The reason I do not pick women up on a first date is simple, I've had some bad dates and the ride back was awkward and weird
Usually this has not been an issue a woman driving to the date venue herself
I'm curious do you guys still pick up women on a first date in 2021?
WTF? Pay for her Lyft? Why on earth should you pay for her transportation? Is she a prostitute?

You´re right not to pick women up. Learn to drive, woman. Or, if you´re in Europe, take the bus/tram/riverboat.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do a first date your way or not at all, there will be other women and maybe other dates with her, your terms only, do not bend, set the expectation early on and hold her to it, your self respect is above all with these women, they are on your program or not at all
I wouldn't have mind picking her up if I met her before but with online dating not taking a chance. I recently met a chick and she was 50 ibs heavier than her picture. This type of "Catfish" happens a lot in my city (compared notes with buddies) imagine if you pick up a chick and she is not as advertise.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't have mind picking her up if I met her before but with online dating not taking a chance. I recently met a chick and she was 50 ibs heavier than her picture. This type of "Catfish" happens a lot in my city (compared notes with buddies) imagine if you pick up a chick and she is not as advertise.
You need to monetize everything you can, you making the effort to pick her up should not be a cost that you are just eating, you pick her ass up, she is either as in pictures or you tell her to go change, ain't no broad in a dress in her pic getting into my vehicle in sweat pants.

So even if she is exactly as pictured, you still need to monetize your validation, give nothing away, you never pick her up the first time because she won't say thank you, any time you do something for her, monetize.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a woman cancel a date because I wouldn't pick her up or pay for her Lyft (lol)
The reason I do not pick women up on a first date is simple, I've had some bad dates and the ride back was awkward and weird
Usually this has not been an issue a woman driving to the date venue herself
The main issue here is your skill to vet these women out before going on a first date. If you vet correctly and have high standards, the chances of the date going "awkward" are minimal. In my experience, my first dates are 99% awesome and for that 1%, it s not awkward, we simply didn't click. The car ride back home is all good.

Now to your point, yes, I usually offer a ride on the first date. It works out as I enjoy driving my car. And I can humbly say that my car is pretty cool to sit on so it works out.

Modern Man Advice

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely never. It's 2021 and they can arrange their own transportation. This has never been an issue for me. They meet me in the bar I suggest. If things go well we go to either hers or mine. If it goes well and logistics don't work out I make sure the second meetup is near my place.

I have a hunch this chick was looking to judge you for the car you drive
This, plus a compliance test.

a 30 minute drive with the girl sobbing the whole way back
What did you do?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman is not worth driving to, why would you even ask her out?

Maybe you should up your standards.
Exactly, you don't understand the current dating climate, this isn't a climate where chasing is rewarded!!! You are not rewarded for chasing, because when you chase, you feed into the traditional game which has become basically what she says goes and your reinforcing that

Sure, I can chase, but not before I've established with her that I don't need to chase her, because that's implied on her end, but not mine.

No, this is a different climate, if your going out of your way there is a high chance she is uninterested, but they'll meet you for free stuff

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main issue here is your skill to vet these women out before going on a first date. If you vet correctly and have high standards, the chances of the date going "awkward" are minimal. In my experience, my first dates are 99% awesome and for that 1%, it s not awkward, we simply didn't click. The car ride back home is all good.

Now to your point, yes, I usually offer a ride on the first date. It works out as I enjoy driving my car. And I can humbly say that my car is pretty cool to sit on so it works out.

Modern Man Advice
I agree partial with this, yes you can vet a woman before the first date, but there are "X-factors" or "Red Flags" you can't account for unless you meet in person etc.
I run two business's my time is valuable so I prefer to vet a first date in person (I'm talking about online dating here)
If I meet her in person than yeah I will be able to vet her properly especially through social circle. And your humble bragging is kind of cringe

I'd like to hear the details of this date.
I posted about one years ago
The other one was a chick I had hooked up with before and she didn't wanna hook up again
So I drove her home, hence the sobbing

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree partial with this, yes you can vet a woman before the first date, but there are "X-factors" or "Red Flags" you can't account for unless you meet in person etc.
I run two business's my time is valuable so I prefer to vet a first date in person (I'm talking about online dating here)
If I meet her in person than yeah I will be able to vet her properly especially through social circle. And your humble bragging is kind of cringe
Disclaimer: I am not going to go back and forth with you, so don't bother replying unless you just want to let it out so you feel better. But for the sake of the community here it is:

I'm not bragging for the sake of bragging, through many trials and errors I have solidified my vetting skills so your issue happens rarely for me anymore. I have gone through many mistakes and yes, awkward dates. Like I said:

1) I have learned through experience how to vet women out (and I am still learning)

And last but not least, doubt you've ever read any of my content here but as many members here know:

2) I do not use OLD and stay away from it for a reason. Now, carry on as you wish but don't expect high-quality women on these apps for these reasons:
a) You attract what you are
b) Women that are there, are there for a reason
c) If your time is as valuable as you state, using OLD would be ironic, contradictory, and counterproductive.
d) It cultivates a toxic and superficial mindset around intergender dynamics, placing all the power on women and diminishing masculinity

So yes, I cold-approach or meet women organically, and that allows me to vet before planning any date. I have high standards and want to create real confidence and game skills. But continue using OLD if you wish.

Wish you the best and hope you continue learning and growing.

Modern Man Advice

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Picking a woman up, in your vehicle or even on foot at her door is NOT chasing. It is controlling the environment and timeline of your courtship. It is exclusive time alone to set the mood and tone of the night. Because you get that time before the date where your attention needs to be on the road in front of you, it is less likely you will get in your head and say something stupid.

The way the woman FIRST sees you on your first date is seared into her memory. Believe me. More than once I've been told that moment of first sight made her say "oh yeah it's on". I'm going to set up that situation in my favor every opportunity I can.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not going to go back and forth with you, so don't bother replying unless you just want to let it out so you feel better. But for the sake of the community here it is:

I'm not bragging for the sake of bragging, through many trials and errors I have solidified my vetting skills so your issue happens rarely for me anymore. I have gone through many mistakes and yes, awkward dates. Like I said:

1) I have learned through experience how to vet women out (and I am still learning)

And last but not least, doubt you've ever read any of my content here but as many members here know:

2) I do not use OLD and stay away from it for a reason. Now, carry on as you wish but don't expect high-quality women on these apps for these reasons:
a) You attract what you are
b) Women that are there, are there for a reason
c) If your time is as valuable as you state, using OLD would be ironic, contradictory, and counterproductive.
d) It cultivates a toxic and superficial mindset around intergender dynamics, placing all the power on women and diminishing masculinity

So yes, I cold-approach or meet women organically, and that allows me to vet before planning any date. I have high standards and want to create real confidence and game skills. But continue using OLD if you wish.

Wish you the best and hope you continue learning and growing.

Modern Man Advice
1 Why would I read your content? you sound like a snake oil salesmen. I've been on this forum since 2008 and have written some legendary FR'S. WITH PICTURES AND VIDEO FOOTAGE IN THEM (THIS WAS UNHEARD OF AT THE TIME ESPEICALLY FOR FREE!)I'm very well known in the community and have met all the big names currently in the game. Roosh V and Rollo T use to co-sign my blog. But guess what you probably never heard of me, do I care? no so get of your high horse cause it's not that deep

2. As I said I run two businesses I work on average 60-70 hours a week I don't have time to be cold approach like I did in my 20s. I rather meet women through social circle or online. I don't have time to "Sarge" like back in the day but clearly you don't run two successful business's plus I'm more focused on my health. The secret is simple have a social circle. With successful people in them I currently have two a 6 figure and a 7 figure do I have time to hang out all the time? no guess what Saturday night I'm working! it's easier for me to meet women by swiping on bathroom breaks down go out 2-5 hours and "Sarge"

Once again some guy with no receipts trying to tell me what it is. LMFAOOOO

Last edited: