"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Is this type of close for real?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055

Know this is in the movie, but is this a very awkward ()-close line for the nervous types? Has anyone ever actually tried this?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
This was very cringy to watch... That's all I am going to say.

Modern Man Advice
So I guess it probably wont work, not even as a pick up line? Approach random hb8+. "Excuse me, this will just take a minute as I have to go back to my friends (false time constraint), I'd like to talk about the advantages and disadvantages about.....", from where I stand, its all advantage and very little downside (unless you have an STD)....
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
Anything goes depending on personality I suppose.

My big brother went long time ago up to a really hot chick at the club (To his defense he did know her a bit from the past), and simply said something like.... "So..... Do you wanna smash it hard?" and her answer was like "Sure why not.." **end of close.

Took less than a few seconds and off he went with her.

Not something I'd would advise doing for the average chump ofc, but my point is basically personality does play a huge part and some can pull off some really messed up and weird closes with chicks while others would be punished and punched in the face. lol
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
This type of talk will only make women want to punch you in the face.
Usually yes.
Unless you have the right properties to do so. But even so it is not something that is advisable. But that is that is not my point.
My point re-quoting myself is that personality does play a huge part if a close will work for you or not.

Some guys can walk into a club and less than 5 minutes later they are making out with some hot babe and have already closed the deal; while others can be there for hours without any bigger results. Again personality traits and the way you move yourself is playing a great part.
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
Do you get punched in the face if you are sub-5 or a normie? It sounds like this would happen even to upper-tier normies?

In the context of the movie (which is a fiction in and of itself, but its depicted as being in 1979 so I can't say how the gender dynamics were during that time and if that would elicit the same reaction if we took a time-machine and tried pick-up during that time-period, etc...) this was done over drinks at a restaurant from a stranger met in a foreign country. While it's cringe-worthy, it is borderline enough since if she's agreed to go on a date, then that type of escalation would be fair enough since she did agree to go on a date in the first place.

Perhaps the other idea is that when you travel to a foreign country, then you might take certain liberties within your personality (ie nobody knows you in the other country, if you visit a place like Paris, France there could be an expectation to find love as it has its reputation).
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
Do you get punched in the face if you are sub-5 or a normie?
lol . They prolly kill ya,
But if you're Russel Rand, Brad Pitt or have have these sort of properties you prolly be fine. Not advisable for normies to do my extreme example..
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
My big brother went long time ago up to a really hot chick at the club (To his defense he did know her a bit from the past), and simply said something like.... "So..... Do you wanna smash it hard?" and her answer was like "Sure why not.." **end of close.
I can see that working a whole lot better than what was shown in this clip. The guy in that clip said it in an extremely awkward manner, I was made uncomfortable just watching it...
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
I wasn't talking about the overt dtf proposition. I was talking about an awkward guy trying to give logical reasons why a female should have sex with him. This is gamma behavior, which enrages females.
lol ok.
Obviously I didn't catch that. xD
The movie close is really creepy btw. and ye you prolly be punched in the face for trying that one because it is so cringe worthy.
 

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
2,576
So I guess it probably wont work, not even as a pick up line? Approach random hb8+. "Excuse me, this will just take a minute as I have to go back to my friends (false time constraint), I'd like to talk about the advantages and disadvantages about.....", from where I stand, its all advantage and very little downside (unless you have an STD)....
Only way to find out, right?

I just have a feeling no woman will be turned on or intrigued by such interaction. Maybe if you acted out in a different way, like being obviously funny. Kind of like the impractical jokers then you might get a number but even then.

Again, there is only one way to truly find out. Then come back and tell us what you found out.

Modern Man Advice
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
How would you rate Lilly Allan here, like an hb8, 9 or 10? How about the guy who delivered those lines? Awkward chadlite or normie?
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
I would rate her an hb8 and him a someone awkward chad.
Why would you label him a chad and not a chadlite? I think the other young actors portraying Donna Sheridan's (Lilly Allan) love interest could go into the chad category. Here's a couple of videos to illustrate:


This is Bill and Donna,

and secondly,


This is Sam and Donna.

(No homo), but these other two guys could cross the chad threshold. On the other hand, this younger Harry, does not look as handsome compared to these other two.

That being said, I think all three of them would probably get action if they set up a Tinder profile (apart from their status as actors on a major film, which after a few years after release they are not that famous), and online dating should work for all three of them. However, Harry would probably need to drastically improve his game. Not sure if he's in the "don't mess it up" game category.

Would you say that all three are Donna's looksmatch or is Donna any points lower or higher than any of the guys?
 

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
351
Reaction score
140
Why would you label him a chad and not a chadlite? I think the other young actors portraying Donna Sheridan's (Lilly Allan) love interest could go into the chad category. Here's a couple of videos to illustrate:


This is Bill and Donna,

and secondly,


This is Sam and Donna.

(No homo), but these other two guys could cross the chad threshold. On the other hand, this younger Harry, does not look as handsome compared to these other two.

That being said, I think all three of them would probably get action if they set up a Tinder profile (apart from their status as actors on a major film, which after a few years after release they are not that famous), and online dating should work for all three of them. However, Harry would probably need to drastically improve his game. Not sure if he's in the "don't mess it up" game category.

Would you say that all three are Donna's looksmatch or is Donna any points lower or higher than any of the guys?
I would say that he seemed to have some game, I think he could be borderline chad or a chadlite.
I think the three guys are about Donna's looksmatch. They all look like models (her included).
 

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,624
Reaction score
4,338
Location
uk
If this works in the real world then everything i think i know about women and game is wrong
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
How would you rate Lilly Allan here, like an hb8, 9 or 10?
Solid 6. no higher than that. If I felt to be nice I might give her almost 7, but I'm not.

She's an average looking girl aka the girl next door.


How about the guy who delivered those lines? Awkward chadlite or normie?
A little afraid awkward boy.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
Solid 6. no higher than that. If I felt to be nice I might give her almost 7, but I'm not.
Right, that is because she's all dolled-up for the screen? Actors/actresses actually end up looksmaxxing for the screen.

PowerQuest" said:
She's an average looking girl aka the girl next door.
I thought a decent average woman is usually an hb 6.5 - 7 range. (No homo), how would you rate the guys then? Are they looksmatched with her or higher than her? Do you think the movie portrayal of either of these guys with her looks like real-life match up on Tinder?

PowerQuest said:
A little afraid awkward boy.
So, he's more of the pretty-boy type then? Some women would dig that type of pretty-boy or awkward chadlite type. They may not have chad-celebrity status online, but they should do well enough. Again, there are probably some types of women who would be into that. Again, I don't see either one of these guys as really struggling with online dating. None of them are normies and certainly not sub-5s.
 

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
Right, that is because she's all dolled-up for the screen? Actors/actresses actually end up looksmaxxing for the screen.
Well take off all her fakeup (which I totally forgot about ha ha :devil:) and she prolly land on a solid 5 or worse.

1623164492389.png
She ain't ugly; cute yes, but she ain't no super model material either. Without the fakeup she's a very average girl next door/the neighbor's daughter...
 
Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
Do you think the movie portrayal of either of these guys with her looks like real-life match up on Tinder?
It's still Hollywood dudebro.
All fairytale land and not so much reality in my opinion. The movie world very rarely meets the real world's way of spinning.

So far from Tinder and everything. Real world chick would ditch him within a few seconds because of his awkward ways.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,389
Reaction score
4,055
It's still Hollywood dudebro.
All fairytale land and not so much reality in my opinion.
You mean like V for Vendetta (2005) and the St. Mary's virus allusions to the covid-19 virus and the powers that be using the virus/vaccination as a means of controlling people?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top