Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men are not emotionally mature

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve heard alot of this from women lately: that men, especially in their 30s and 40s, are not emotionally mature for a full relationship. They are never serious, act like children and women are frustrated they cannot a meaningful deep connection and relationship.

My response to men not being emotionally mature:

1. You are not virgin. Once you were not a virgin, all bets are off
2. You have the power, through legal means and otherwise, to financially and socially destroy the man if you are not happy. Public will back you as well.
3. You are a deprecating asset. Hard for a man to be serious when your looks are crashing and burning by the minute.

Thoughts?

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This article is a joke. It´s obviously written by a woman living in her empowered-women-disney-fantasy-world.

That woman found out that men start to give up on playing the (rigged) game on womens terms.
She found out that certain men started to play to win and wont submit to their megalomaniac desire for power and control in a relationship anymore.

And thats why the biatch is pissed and calls men that ejected out of this farce "immature".

Biatches like her will have a hard time in the future when more and more men start to wake up und wont come out to play with them anymore.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know where we got this idea that women are more emotionally "mature" or emotionally "intelligent" - how is letting intense emotions rule your entire life and every decision you make a sign emotionally maturity?

Stoics are as emotionally intelligent as you can get, how many female stoics have there been again?

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By "men" they means the ones that wont commit to them. Plenty of emotionally mature men out there for them to choose from, but they pick these guys then complain about them.
This.

Basically, if you're a man and you won't give in to a woman's BS or worse - you won't commit (aka being submissive) to her, she'll call you a "manchild" or an "emotionally immature" guy.

So, once again, who gives a sh!t what women think about you? You, as a man, just need to do what you know is right, and ignore the barks from the dogs.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve heard alot of this from women lately: that men, especially in their 30s and 40s, are not emotionally mature for a full relationship. They are never serious, act like children and women are frustrated they cannot a meaningful deep connection and relationship.

2. You have the power, through legal means and otherwise, to financially and socially destroy the man if you are not happy. Public will back you as well.
3. You are a deprecating asset. Hard for a man to be serious when your looks are crashing and burning by the minute.

Thoughts?
That article is not worth the energy, nevertheless the time to read it. We all know the narrative here.

Move on.

Modern Man Advice

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts?
Yup, they are right and the reason why men should be with younger girls 10-20 years younger to match their "maturity" level. LOL

If a woman told me that, I'd agree and amplify and tell her that's the reason why I only date younger women. So that their maturity level will perfectly match mine.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
literally laughed out loud.
they are only looking for commitment once their smv doesnt allow them to be a lil thot bot no more

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Most people in general are not emotionally mature. Both men and women. I think it is easy to think it all falls on women when we, as men, only see the negatives from our own perspective. You make some good points but this doesn't mean that the original article doesn't also do the same. Human beings are flawed on both sides of the equation.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people in general are not emotionally mature. Both men and women. I think it is easy to think it all falls on women when we, as men, only see the negatives from our own perspective. You make some good points but this doesn't mean that the original article doesn't also do the same. Human beings are flawed on both sides of the equation.
Most men are terrible at handling their emotions too. But you never see woman criticized for this, its always men.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Emotional maturity varies GREATLY amongst people. Some mature emotionally very early on and some much much much later.

Its one of the biggest things that plagues dating. Its the reason why some people are okay with sleeping around and causal dating and others have a gripe about it saying its wrong and its bad and that relationships are the way to go, that you're either in one or you're not.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men are terrible at handling their emotions too. But you never see woman criticized for this, its always men.
I see them criticized plenty on this forum and other places. Usually rightfully so. But sometimes its just whining. My point is that that article isn't necessarily wrong about what it is saying. Keep in mind I am not saying everything in it is universally true and us men are all pigs. Just that it cuts both ways.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see them criticized plenty on this forum and other places. Usually rightfully so. But sometimes its just whining. My point is that that article isn't necessarily wrong about what it is saying. Keep in mind I am not saying everything in it is universally true and us men are all pigs. Just that it cuts both ways.
The issue I have on both sides is that there is no concrete definition on what emotional maturity/intelligence even is. As as I can tell, emotional intelligence (called EQ) is nothing but psuedoscientific pop psych horsesh!t that means nothing and cannot even be empirically tested. So as soon as I see someone writing an article on this topic I am immediately dismissive.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The issue I have on both sides is that there is no concrete definition on what emotional maturity/intelligence even is. As as I can tell, emotional intelligence (called EQ) is nothing but psuedoscientific pop psych horsesh!t that means nothing and cannot even be empirically tested. So as soon as I see someone writing an article on this topic I am immediately dismissive.
When it comes to emotions there certainly is little that is truly scientific about it other than humans have them due to brain chemistry. But I think this article is more "IF he is not emotionally mature...." then here is what the woman can expect to deal with. Some of it is fair; some of it isn't. It's your typical internet article.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Well I didn't follow the link. So I don't really care what it says or who said it.

I'm just going to respond to the first line of the post:

I am forced by what I personally observe to agree with it. I spend a lot of time on Reddit dealing with these guys. It is either the woman writing in complaining about her BF acting that way,...or it is a guy writing in complaining about his GF dumping him as he demonstrates this to be true about himself right before my eyes. However I would depart from the quote above in that I see it with 20's and 30's. I think it is a lot of guys being raised by single mothers. He learned everything he knows about social interactions from his mom. So he never grew up. He socializes feminine,...he argues feminine,...he fights feminine, he is "scared" of everything. He spent his whole life "pleasing mom" so he gets a GF and she becomes the new mom,...it is all about how to please her. His mom made all the decisions, so he deferes to the GF for everything,...what she wants, where she wants, when she wants, she plans, she decides,...she is for all intents and purposes,..."Mom". Heck, she may ever drive him everywhere,...maybe he can't even drive, ...unless it is a video game. I personally watched one girl,...with my own eyes, in person, trying to teach her BF to ride a bicycle,...and she was 17, and HOT. She could get about any guy she wanted, but to her credit she was "trying" to make it happen with this guy.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am forced by what I personally observe to agree with it. I spend a lot of time on Reddit dealing with these guys. It is either the woman writing in complaining about her BF acting that way,...or it is a guy writing in complaining about his GF dumping him as he demonstrates this to be true about himself right before my eyes. However I would depart from the quote above in that I see it with 20's and 30's. I think it is a lot of guys being raised by single mothers. He learned everything he knows about social interactions from his mom. So he never grew up. He socializes feminine,...he argues feminine,...he fights feminine, he is "scared" of everything. He spent his whole life "pleasing mom" so he gets a GF and she becomes the new mom,...it is all about how to please her. His mom made all the decisions, so he deferes to the GF for everything,...what she wants, where she wants, when she wants, she plans, she decides,...she is for all intents and purposes,..."Mom". Heck, she may ever drive him everywhere,...maybe he can't even drive, ...unless it is a video game. I personally watched one girl,...with my own eyes, in person, trying to teach her BF to ride a bicycle,...and she was 17, and HOT. She could get about any guy she wanted, but to her credit she was "trying" to make it happen with this guy.
Agree with this observation.

The other day, I was at Kohls and saw a damn ~16-17yo teenager boy being helped by his mom on buying underwear and her giving him advice on which one to buy. SMH...