Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guitar Question

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Could putting a pickguard on my acoustic guitar damage it or lower the value of it? It is an Ibanez guitar made out of plastic I think, and I often use a coin to play instead of a pick. The guitar cost $320. I play with a coin because it seems easier not to accidentally hit other strings that way and mess up the sound.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was a high dollar guitar that might well lower the value of it, but I don't think that's the kind of guitar that you have to worry about this sort of thing. It's probably not going to retain its value well anyway - the value is in you playing it. It's for playing, not a collectible. If you want a pickguard on there, I say go for it.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was a high dollar guitar that might well lower the value of it, but I don't think that's the kind of guitar that you have to worry about this sort of thing. It's probably not going to retain its value well anyway - the value is in you playing it. It's for playing, not a collectible. If you want a pickguard on there, I say go for it.
Ok. Thank you!