Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Do you Talk About on The First Date?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread a user mentioned he didn't have many second dates, another user mentioned that it's good to follow a script.

This got me thinking of conversation topics that seem natural and aren't too forced on a first date.

So we have the F.O.R.D Forumula.

Family
Occupation
Recreation
Dreams (goals/aspirations)

If you run all these topics and cant get someone to light up and start spilling their guts then they may not like you. Almost every person is really into one of these 4.

Possible leading enquiries:

F "So, you got much family here?"
F "Big family? Small family?"
O "What you do for a living?
R "You got any weirdo hobbies I should know about?" (fun)
R "Are you fun though? What do get up to in your spare time?"
D "If I gave you $5mil right now, what would be the first thing you bought?"
D "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
Customise these to fit your conversational style.

just don't try to force a subject if she doesn't like it just switch and try to listen and engage in an interactive discussion not a monologue.

Last edited:

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed in another thread a user mentioned he didn't have many second dates, another user mentioned that it's good to follow a script.

This got me thinking of conversation topics that seem natural and aren't too forced on a first date.

Family
Occupation
Recreation

If you run all these topics and cant get someone to light up and start spilling their guts then they may not like you. Almost every person is really into one of these 4.

just don't try to force a subject if she doesn't like it just switch and try to listen and engage in an interactive discussion not a monologue.
I think these questions will work great!

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that is light, fun, relaxing, positive, and not serious.

Basically showbiz stuff, food, travel, movies, hobbies, jokes... etc and definitely NOT politics, religion, murders, rape, philosophy, or STD because these topics are heavy, negative and not fun.

And let her do at least 80% of the talking. Don't try to out-talk her.

Last edited:

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like rock climbing every week. So I take girls w me to climb. It keeps me fit and creates attraction through adrenaline.

It filters out the women who don't like the idea and aren't into this lifestyle.

There are fewer chances to fvck up as conversation is limited.

Another example could be playing snooker or going for a hike.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Family
Occupation
Recreation

If you have to make such a huge effort just to maintain a conversation, it's likely that you're wasting your time on some low-interest biatch. Any person that is genuinely interested is going to make an effort to keep the conversation going.

Regarding subjects of conversation, avoid politics or anything serious at all costs. Even in the unlikely event that a woman is smart enough to know about these things, talking about them will either dry up her glory hole or make her angry and upset if you dare to disagree.

It's best to make her laugh and talk about things that make her horny, whilst getting close and feeling her up.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
if you need someone to tell you what you need to talk about on a date man, safe to say you got alot more experience to do in basic socializing than anything else

Thank you. I hope you felt much better about your poor sad life after using your keyboard to degrade a virtual dude on the Internet

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
if you need someone to tell you what you need to talk about on a date man, safe to say you got alot more experience to do in basic socializing than anything else
Solid advice.

Observing ego is needed here in order to asses whether this is in fact needed for one's self. A skill that is necessary for personal growth and escaping from ego traps (such as addictions, obsessions, compulsions ). Am I being social enough? Do I need to socialize more? What can I do to become more social? are questions a man who is mindful (and detached from ego / ego defense mechanisims) will ask him "self". The self detached from the self asking the self is the essence of mindfulness and the pathway to growth. Without it, it is nothing but ego and defending your ego investments.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Solid advice.

Observing ego is needed here in order to asses whether this is in fact needed for one's self. A skill that is necessary for personal growth and escaping from ego traps (such as addictions, obsessions, compulsions ). Am I being social enough? Do I need to socialize more? What can I do to become more social? are questions a man who is mindful (and detached from ego / ego defense mechanisims) will ask him "self". The self detached from the self asking the self is the essence of mindfulness and the pathway to growth. Without it, it is nothing but ego and defending your ego investments.
yeah i would say this is spot on. being honest with yourself and super aware is key to seeing what you need to do and work on.

equally, ego is what causes people hurt when you make general comments based upon your own truths. i've seen people talk a big game, but when it came down to small things like comments people made about them, their low self esteem quickly gets exposed.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ditch occupation and dreams. Both are too serious for a stranger. Recreation and family are good. Get her blabbing. Find out about her through stories and interests.
Second this. A rules of sales: listen 90%, talk 10% (this could be a little extreme in some cases but you get the drift). If you just let her start talking you can almost assure she will divulge a lot of useful information. Do a lot of active listening. That always works too if you're not sure how to reply. I have also tried the "4 second rule." After someone (esp a woman) stops talking and ends their point, give it 4 seconds making eye contact and smiling (not creepily) but saying nothing. Most people hate silence and feel it's 'awkward' so they fill the silence with talk.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Second this. A rules of sales: listen 90%, talk 10% (this could be a little extreme in some cases but you get the drift). If you just let her start talking you can almost assure she will divulge a lot of useful information. Do a lot of active listening. That always works too if you're not sure how to reply. I have also tried the "4 second rule." After someone (esp a woman) stops talking and ends their point, give it 4 seconds making eye contact and smiling (not creepily) but saying nothing. Most people hate silence and feel it's 'awkward' so they fill the silence with talk.
By the 4 second rule do you mean count in your head 1, 2, 3, 4 OR one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand, four one thousand?

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have to make such a huge effort just to maintain a conversation, it's likely that you're wasting your time on some low-interest biatch. Any person that is genuinely interested is going to make an effort to keep the conversation going.

Regarding subjects of conversation, avoid politics or anything serious at all costs. Even in the unlikely event that a woman is smart enough to know about these things, talking about them will either dry up her glory hole or make her angry and upset if you dare to disagree.

It's best to make her laugh and talk about things that make her horny, whilst getting close and feeling her up.
just grab her by the.... nvm.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the 4 second rule do you mean count in your head 1, 2, 3, 4 OR one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand, four one thousand?
One one thousand, two one thousand brother! Sounds painful - and at first it may seem clunky and awkward to execute, but it really does work. I have field tested this plenty of times and no woman can go that long in a silence without saying something about herself or at the very least asking a question.