Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

STD Testing

RickTheToad

Reaction score
No you are right @RickTheToad thank you. The NP tonight was very helpful. Urine collected and taken to lab to test for gono, chlamydia, and UTI. In the meantime, I was given antibiotics for chlamydia and a shot in the ass for gono. If results come back from the lab for UTI I will be started on antibiotics for those. Results will be in within 2 days. She also inspected my member and said it looked fine. She suggested it could also be irritation too from new/multiple sex partners and possibly from a particularly rough BJ I got last Thursday and described to her.

Either way, not having a wife anymore has taught me a few things: ALWAYS have a condom on start to finish, wash up with soap and water afterwards, and try to urinate after sex if you can. Hoping this is just a UTI from me being dumb during/after sex with my routine.
Why would they give you antibiotics prior to knowing the results? You may just have a simple irritation or inflammation. This is how we get antibiotic resistance by taking antibiotics prior to knowing the results. If I treated you, we'd be waiting until we can confirm what it is unless you are incredibly uncomfortable. Unwise on the NP's part.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a regular condom user and it has likely helped me.
I was an idiot dude. I got caught up in the moment and sacrificed the embarrassment of not being able to get hard with a condom to enter a girl for 30 seconds without a condom, to then put one on. As my cousin said "if a girl is willing to just let you stick her d!ck in her on the first date like that with NO condom, how many other dudes do you think she also let?"

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would they give you antibiotics prior to knowing the results? You may just have a simple irritation or inflammation. This is how we get antibiotic resistance by taking antibiotics prior to knowing the results. If I treated you, we'd be waiting until we can confirm what it is unless you are incredibly uncomfortable. Unwise on the NP's part.
Really? **** man, I hope she wasn't wrong about anything else. Will this make antibiotics for a UTI less effective then if I have to take them in a few days with the results? I know this would be a different strain of antibiotics though.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Really? **** man, I hope she wasn't wrong about anything else. Will this make antibiotics for a UTI less effective then if I have to take them in a few days with the results? I know this would be a different strain of antibiotics though.
They'd prob. give you Ciprofloxacin or Levofloxacin IF it's a UTI. For an STD, it's different. I am not sure why she treated you for Gonorrhea if you've not been diagnosed with it yet. I assume she injected you with Ceftriaxone. Doxycycline is for Chlamydia, but can also be used for Gonorrhea; just it's not a shot. There is no cure for HSV or HPV as they are viruses.

If she's a registered nurse, then I am sure her intentions were good. However, how does she treat a patient without results? They didn't test there with the urine? A rapid result is within 20 minutes. Wonder if you saw a nursing student, not actual nurse. That means she's under the guidance of registered nurse, PA or doctor.

Follow the nurses directions, as she's the one who treated you. However, I'd call in the morning to see if they have the results and then question them if they do not have the results, why were you given antibiotics? In the end, you will be fine, but the practice of giving antibiotics prior to results is why we have antibiotic resistance to many common infections and bacteria.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They'd prob. give you Ciprofloxacin or Levofloxacin IF it's a UTI. For an STD, it's different. I am not sure why she treated you for Gonorrhea if you've not been diagnosed with it yet. I assume she injected you with Ceftriaxone. Doxycycline is for Chlamydia, but can also be used for Gonorrhea; just it's not a shot. There is no cure for HSV or HPV as they are viruses.

If she's a registered nurse, then I am sure her intentions were good. However, how does she treat a patient without results? They didn't test there with the urine? A rapid result is within 20 minutes. Wonder if you saw a nursing student, not actual nurse. That means she's under the guidance of registered nurse, PA or doctor.

Follow the nurses directions, as she's the one who treated you. However, I'd call in the morning to see if they have the results and then question them if they do not have the results, why were you given antibiotics? In the end, you will be fine, but the practice of giving antibiotics prior to results is why we have antibiotic resistance to many common infections and bacteria.
She was an NP and she did a rapid test with the urine and said there were no cultures, just a trace amount of blood. She told me they would send to the lab to check for gono/chlamydia as well as culturing the bacteria in the sample to better analyze for a UTI. She pretty much just asked if I wanted the antibiotics and shot to be on the safe side, if the results were to come back positive I would of already had the antibiotics. But I agree with you - interesting that they were given before a true diagnosis.