Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

STD Testing

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up boys.

Last night I started noticing some irritation when urinating. It only occurs during the initial seconds of urination and is a slight sting. I am wondering if it has to do with some recent changes in my diet (adding more acidic foods, caffeine, etc., especially with what I ate yesterday). The stinging when urinating has not increased in pain level since last night, but even today it had been bothering me a little. Otherwise I have no other symptoms (discharge, painful groin/testicles, fever, etc.).

Have any of you ever had gonorrhea or chlamydia and what symptoms did you feel? I had brief unprotected sex (maybe 30 seconds - but very stupid, I know) with a new girl last Friday, but have also gotten head from a new girl and another plate this week. I know these STDs can be spread via oral sex too. I am wondering if just some stinging while peeing last night and today is enough to diagnose this.

Either way, I know it is in my best interest to get an STD screen tomorrow with a urine test at an urgent care. If I test positive I am going to feel so embarrassed to tell all of my plates this. Have you guys ever had to break this news to the women you were seeing?

Thanks boys - just feeling a little pissed at myself/embarrassed right now.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear New Style,
I have had Gonorrheo and believe me you really know you've got it...It could be nothing,but if it persists you can be pretty sure you have a UTI...I got one after having a catheter inserted during major surgery ten years ago,it comes and goes,surprisingly the only thing that alleviates it is Brocalli.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear New Style,
I have had Gonorrheo and believe me you really know you've got it...It could be nothing,but if it persists you can be pretty sure you have a UTI...I got one after having a catheter inserted during major surgery ten years ago,it comes and goes,surprisingly the only thing that alleviates it is Brocalli.
@Scaramouche how did you know when you had it (symptoms), and how long did it take to set in?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Possible due to the time frame. It could also be a groin pull, urethritis, prostatitis, etc. To be safe, get an STD full panel test which includes HSV 1 and HSV 2.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Newstyle,
With the Clap it took about five Days,Pvissing Pins and Needles,green discharge,got it from a Policewoman too LOL...Couple of jabs with Penicillin and it was gone...With the UTI well that's tricky because it was there from Day one,after they withdrew the tube....In your situation I would pop along to an STD clinic and they will likely give you a jab...In this Country most large Hospitals have STD clinics which are free,if you live in the Country you had better pop along to your Quack...I forgot another more reassuring incident...when I was about twenty I had a roving commission in the Northern Territory a sparsely settled place of vast distances,I got friendly with an English tutor on a remote Station,I used to visit her from time to time involving a five hour return trip,I got similar symptoms to yours visited the local nurse who said,likely it was the Clap,took a sample and gave me a precautionary jab...Long story short ,that evening I tore out to see my English Lady gave her a remarkable volley of abuse that others heard and went home where,a couple of Days later I got the All clear from the Nurse who said it was probably just being a bit too enthusiastic in Bed!

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Newstyle,
With the Clap it took about five Days,Pvissing Pins and Needles,green discharge,got it from a Policewoman too LOL...Couple of jabs with Penicillin and it was gone...With the UTI well that's tricky because it was there from Day one,after they withdrew the tube....In your situation I would pop along to an STD clinic and they will likely give you a jab...In this Country most large Hospitals have STD clinics which are free,if you live in the Country you had better pop along to your Quack...I forgot another more reassuring incident...when I was about twenty I had a roving commission in the Northern Territory a sparsely settled place of vast distances,I got friendly with an English tutor on a remote Station,I used to visit her from time to time involving a five hour return trip,I got similar symptoms to yours visited the local nurse who said,likely it was the Clap,took a sample and gave me a precautionary jab...Long story short ,that evening I tore out to see my English Lady gave her a remarkable volley of abuse that others heard and went home where,a couple of Days later I got the All clear from the Nurse who said it was probably just being a bit too enthusiastic in Bed!
Thanks man! I will promptly go tomorrow.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Possible due to the time frame. It could also be a groin pull, urethritis, prostatitis, etc. To be safe, get an STD full panel test which includes HSV 1 and HSV 2.
Thanks @RickTheToad I'm going to head to urgent care tomorrow after work. It's just a urine sample right? I have heard some scary stories about cotton swabs being shoved in areas I cannot even bare the thought of putting to words...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Thanks @RickTheToad I'm going to head to urgent care tomorrow after work. It's just a urine sample right? I have heard some scary stories about cotton swabs being shoved in areas I cannot even bare the thought of putting to words...
Three types of tests you want to request. A swab of the penis (around and inside the opening), full blood panel and urine sample.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Oh god... I think I'll just stick with the urine/blood samples..
Takes 3 - 4 months for anti-bodies to develop for some viruses. Thus, the swab is the only way to rule out some infections. It smarts for a second or two, I've done it before, but that's the most effective way to rule out some STDs.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Takes 3 - 4 months for anti-bodies to develop for some viruses. Thus, the swab is the only way to rule out some infections. It smarts for a second or two, I've done it before, but that's the most effective way to rule out some STDs.
I am curious @RickTheToad which ones specifically require a man to be swabbed? Are those std tests also available by urine or blood? Can you share more about what the accuracy % difference is between the different types, please?

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
was me id wait a few days and see if it cleared up on its own before subjecting myself to the embarrassment of a doctors visit.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I am curious @RickTheToad which ones specifically require a man to be swabbed? Are those std tests also available by urine or blood? Can you share more about what the accuracy % difference is between the different types, please?
Generally speaking, it's only done when the patient requests it. It can be done for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Herpes, Trich, PID, and BV. We'd only swab the urethra if there was unprotected sex and other symptoms. The effectiveness is 99% in theory. As the swab is then sealed and sent to the lab that day for growth and detection. Believe it or not, many people have STDs and don't even have symptoms or antibodies as they are asymptomatic.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
was me id wait a few days and see if it cleared up on its own before subjecting myself to the embarrassment of a doctors visit.
No reason to feel embarrassed. It's very common for STD panels in annual visits; if requested. Most people have sex with others instead of themselves.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, it's only done when the patient requests it. It can be done for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Herpes, Trich, PID, and BV. We'd only swab the urethra if there was unprotected sex and other symptoms. The effectiveness is 99% in theory. As the swab is then sealed and sent to the lab that day for growth and detection. Believe it or not, many people have STDs and don't even have symptoms or antibodies as they are asymptomatic.
I was hoping you might actually have more specific info. I do appreciate your reply and your sharing what you do know.

I have read in multiple places that the accuracy of the urine tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia are so highly accurate now, with the newer lab methods that urine tests are replacing the dreaded urethras swabs that were once standard practice. As I have read online, many providers and clinics and updated information available makes this welcome change well known to prospective patients, to alleviate their fears.

At the same time, some men report some long standing offices and clinics still using the older swab methods despite the urethral swabs being considered unnecessary and outdated compared to the new urine tests now available.

It sounds like your facility may perhaps still be using swabs and not yet transitioned to the newer highly effective urine tests instead. Or perhaps in certain cases, when a case is more complicated.

I certainly can appreciate any man preferring to give a simple urine sample vs having a swab stuck up his urethra. When I looked online, I saw for men to call ahead and ask providers ahead of making their appointment, as to not be surprised, as again many providers have updated their practices while some have not quite yet. Not my area of expertise but thought I would ask to help possibly clarify the new options available, for the men here. I figured any man that can made aware of the newer urine test vs the older urethral swab would likely be appreciative.

Here are two basic easy to read sources I saw. I did also see many studies on pub med.

#1 STD Testing Info

# 2 Men’s Health Article

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally, I try to be more responsible, but I've gone unprotected a few times. Back during my more 'revolving-door' encounters (when I was on match) I got tested several times - luckily results were always negative. Don't be self-conscious. Most sexually active people will visit at some point.

The blood sample didn't bother me one bit. However, when it was time to meet the swab, I'd get a shy turtle quicker than a blink of an eye.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was hoping you might actually have more specific info. I do appreciate your reply and your sharing what you do know.

I have read in multiple places that the accuracy of the urine tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia are so highly accurate now, with the newer lab methods that urine tests are replacing the dreaded urethras swabs that were once standard practice. As I have read online, many providers and clinics and updated information available makes this welcome change well known to prospective patients, to alleviate their fears.

At the same time, some men report some long standing offices and clinics still using the older swab methods despite the urethral swabs being considered unnecessary and outdated compared to the new urine tests now available.

It sounds like your facility may perhaps still be using swabs and not yet transitioned to the newer highly effective urine tests instead. Or perhaps in certain cases, when a case is more complicated.

I certainly can appreciate any man preferring to give a simple urine sample vs having a swab stuck up his urethra. When I looked online, I saw for men to call ahead and ask providers ahead of making their appointment, as to not be surprised, as again many providers have updated their practices while some have not quite yet. Not my area of expertise but thought I would ask to help possibly clarify the new options available, for the men here. I figured any man that can made aware of the newer urine test vs the older urethral swab would likely be appreciative.

Here are two basic easy to read sources I saw. I did also see many studies on pub med.

#1 STD Testing Info

# 2 Men’s Health Article
At BPH, we normally just do urine and sometimes blood. Swab is only by request or doctor's rec. While blood and urine are very accurate, the most accurate would be a swab. West Blot is also available and is very close to the accuracy, but it's expensive, usually not covered by insurance and takes weeks.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At BPH, we normally just do urine and sometimes blood. Swab is only by request or doctor's rec. While blood and urine are very accurate, the most accurate would be a swab. West Blot is also available and is very close to the accuracy, but it's expensive, usually not covered by insurance and takes weeks.
@RickTheToad my sx. of burning have seemed to decrease a lot today, especially with increased water intake. I am still going to get an STD test after work, but don't you think I would have continued or worsening burning if it was an STD and not a UTI/irritation?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
@RickTheToad my sx. of burning have seemed to decrease a lot today, especially with increased water intake. I am still going to get an STD test after work, but don't you think I would have continued or worsening burning if it was an STD and not a UTI/irritation?
You should get it looked at if it still bothers you. If a legion, scab or blister forms, certainly get it looked at. If it's urethritis or prostatitis, sometimes a lot of water helps clean the system out. You may also want to take a cranberry supplement if you are going to have unprotected sex. The cranberry antioxidants and flavonoids prevent some bacterium and viruses from sticking to the bladder and urethra; so that can help a lot. I must also state, this is not medical advice, and is just my personal opinion. I still highly recommend getting your penis checked out by a GP or urologist. It is not embarrassing at all. Only ignorant people think not getting something checked by a professional is embarrassing.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should get it looked at if it still bothers you. If a legion, scab or blister forms, certainly get it looked at. If it's urethritis or prostatitis, sometimes a lot of water helps clean the system out. You may also want to take a cranberry supplement if you are going to have unprotected sex. The cranberry antioxidants and flavonoids prevent some bacterium and viruses from sticking to the bladder and urethra; so that can help a lot. I must also state, this is not medical advice, and is just my personal opinion. I still highly recommend getting your penis checked out by a GP or urologist. It is not embarrassing at all. Only ignorant people think not getting something checked by a professional is embarrassing.
No you are right @RickTheToad thank you. The NP tonight was very helpful. Urine collected and taken to lab to test for gono, chlamydia, and UTI. In the meantime, I was given antibiotics for chlamydia and a shot in the ass for gono. If results come back from the lab for UTI I will be started on antibiotics for those. Results will be in within 2 days. She also inspected my member and said it looked fine. She suggested it could also be irritation too from new/multiple sex partners and possibly from a particularly rough BJ I got last Thursday and described to her.

Either way, not having a wife anymore has taught me a few things: ALWAYS have a condom on start to finish, wash up with soap and water afterwards, and try to urinate after sex if you can. Hoping this is just a UTI from me being dumb during/after sex with my routine.