Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Doc Love

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just curious if any of you guys ever actually listen to Doc Love. I mean the guy clearly has an 80's style salt-and-pepper mustache with what looks to be some sort of a mullet, and he is holding a friggin poodle all the time. I'm sorry, but I don't know if this guy is qualified for advice giving.

I was just reading that Mira Sorvino Robbing the Crib article or whatever and he tells some dude who is upset because his G/F broke up with him when she found out how old he really was something that just made me cringe. The good doctor's answer was something along the lines of, "Well, this is simple, when she first asked you your age you should have said you were one-hundred and six and smiled suavely at her." Am I the only one who wouldn't be caught dead doing this? (I hate to use words like "gay" or "faggot", but it just feels necessary here!!) THAT IS THE GAYEST (meaning lame) THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! This dude has just watched too many James Bond movies or something...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Doc Love doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who high school/college chicks would be going for, nor does it sound like his advice is geared toward that demographic. It sounds more like he's trying to help the mature dater. But he does give some decent advice at times...for ALL demographics.

Believe me, I've seen OTHER so-called "gurus" with women that have made an even WORSE impression. :p

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The good doctor is only human too. Everything he says shouldn't be taken as advice from god.

BlaKTooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeYikes122
I'm just curious if any of you guys ever actually listen to Doc Love. I mean the guy clearly has an 80's style salt-and-pepper mustache with what looks to be some sort of a mullet, and he is holding a friggin poodle all the time. I'm sorry, but I don't know if this guy is qualified for advice giving.

I was just reading that Mira Sorvino Robbing the Crib article or whatever and he tells some dude who is upset because his G/F broke up with him when she found out how old he really was something that just made me cringe. The good doctor's answer was something along the lines of, "Well, this is simple, when she first asked you your age you should have said you were one-hundred and six and smiled suavely at her." Am I the only one who wouldn't be caught dead doing this? (I hate to use words like "gay" or "faggot", but it just feels necessary here!!) THAT IS THE GAYEST (meaning lame) THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! This dude has just watched too many James Bond movies or something...
No, no ,no... doc love is one of the only people who I would listen to

the "hundred and six" quote was just Doc joking around with the guy, but he still gets the message across that if its a touchy subject, you need to either crack a joke and make it case closed, or tell the truth;;; not lie about it like the guy in the article did

if you really read doc love's stuff, u'll see its right on cue with the stuff the few true Don Juans preach (like Pook / Anti-Dump),; at any rate, dont hate on the doc... hes more of a DJ than most of this forum.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha I didn't even read all of the article. Sometimes the ADHD just controls me and I click X. I guess I get your point - maybe the doc and I will become closer when my goatee starts turning salt and pepper like his...

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love IS Anti-Dump!!! That's obivious for anyone who knows him!! I think Doc Love has good advice but he contradicts himself often and never admits when he gives bad advice. I've read quiet a few articles where he tells the guy not to pursue the girl, then half way through the article he gives the same guy a full fledge game plan on how to get her.

Just like everything else, read it all and use what you like and leave out what you don't.

PIMP

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc is a freakin genius. He has lots of advice for very specific situations that aren't really covered in the DJ bible. I highly recommend you read his stuff.

On the other hand, his main problem is that he likes to make blanket statements for marketing purposes. He's a salesman, and what he's selling is his own credibility. Therefore he always comes across as confident in what he's saying even if it's oversimplified.

Hard and fast rules with guarentees are the simplest type of product he can offer to his consumer. You will notice, though, that he typically bends them when giving very specific advice for specific situations. His theories in abstract are great. For instance, one of his earliest articles talks about the stages a chick typically goes through as she's losing interest in her guy. In my experience, most of that analysis is on-point in typical relationships I've been in and observed.

You really have to read alot of his articles and try to put it all in perspective. They are usually aimed at specific people and situations and thus need proper context. I recommend you read more of his articles on www.askmen.com/doclove .

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love gives excellent relationship management advice. His main problem IMO is that he does not focus on how to actually attract a chick. He just says "go for her phone number and if you get it you're in, if not then NEXT her". To me this is a sure fire way to rack up tons of unecessary rejections and when you do get a high IL girl right off the bat, she may just be an AFC chick since her interest is simply based on the fact that you asked for her number and not on the fact that you're actually *being* a really attractive guy.

With that said, his line about being 106 years old was money. It's being man enough to not enter into her reality where age is a factor. Who says you're obliged to answer a chicks questions directly anyway?

Just yesterday I went sarging by myself and a chick asked me "why are you out at a bar all by yourself" and I replied "inquisitive inquisitive, we'll get to that" with a sly smile. (credit goes to MTL_PUA for that line) and it worked like a charm. I never did answer that question directly and she just dropped it once I changed the subject.

Now why Doc Love poses with a friggen poodle, I have no idea.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love's real name is Tom Hodges and he's Hugh Hefner's nephew. Doc's girlfriend is a former playmate. The poodle is his dog Waldo.

I think he gives good advice most of the time. By following his advice you'll know right away if a woman likes you or not.

By the way, Anti-Dump and Doc Love are not the same person. To the best of my knowledge Doc Love has never posted here but he did post on the askmen.com forum. I can't recall his username though.

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is he really Hugh Hefner's nephew, or did he just say that to be funny? Seriously.

I don't think Anti-dump and Doc Love are the same because they do have different perspectives on some things (like being a challege and raising IL), but lots of their advice is similar.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is he really Hugh Hefner's nephew, or did he just say that to be funny? Seriously.
Maybe he didn't like to brag around with it? Those that were out his generation was brought up to be real gents by their fathers which isn't the case of our day where everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame.
Our time of the internet age is just full of fakes and liars that brag loudly about themselves all over the internet to get followers.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love saved my ass in the early 2000's.

I was probably "purple pill" back then, but just f*cked up in a LTR with a 9.5HB chick. Reading some articles (no blogs back then) I came across Doc Love on a site called askmen.com. He was funny and to the point. I bought his CDs and dating book. That move changed everything, the long journey began, and the rest is history.

Today, some of his strategies and techniques would be antiquated, but his basic pillars of dating success Confidence--(Self) Control--Challenge are still 100% rock solid.

He belongs on the Mount Rushmore of dating coaches.

I think he passed away a while back.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He came with the idea of guaging the interest level of a woman and ignoring your ego protecting excuses to turn a blind eye to her low to no interest level behaviour. Obviously he did not help me but his book was a good read.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love = Legend

May he Rest In Peace.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Doc love (rip) is a G. as most fellas here and in general want to play house, it should be a must-read. the System highly emphasize interest level. Sounds like common sense. Yet we have thread after thread about post wall slut 30 + who won't respond to a text or lmr. I'd not technique based like pickup. it's dated given the me too Era 9f false accusations and slut gonna slut girl power. It's worth a read if you haven't got through it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he didn't like to brag around with it? Those that were out his generation was brought up to be real gents by their fathers which isn't the case of our day where everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame.
Our time of the internet age is just full of fakes and liars that brag loudly about themselves all over the internet to get followers.
Lmfao like ta Lopez in my garage with rented lambo

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He was one of the first so called gurus I've read when I got into this game. I remember getting laid with a girl I was chasing when he advised me to next. That was when I first realized you can't always listen to advice blindly.

For those that are into Anti Dump material he seemed to have a similar outlook. RIP if he really did pass.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love saved my ass in the early 2000's.

I was probably "purple pill" back then, but just f*cked up in a LTR with a 9.5HB chick. Reading some articles (no blogs back then) I came across Doc Love on a site called askmen.com. He was funny and to the point. I bought his CDs and dating book. That move changed everything, the long journey began, and the rest is history.

Today, some of his strategies and techniques would be antiquated, but his basic pillars of dating success Confidence--(Self) Control--Challenge are still 100% rock solid.

He belongs on the Mount Rushmore of dating coaches.

I think he passed away a while back.
I first stumbled upon Doc Love in the early 2000s as an 18 year old. I read some of his articles but never the full book.

The wait a week to call (now probably wait a week to text but possibly call) would be outdated today.

Agree on the basic pillars.

He died in 2020.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just reading that Mira Sorvino Robbing the Crib article or whatever and he tells some dude who is upset because his G/F broke up with him when she found out how old he really was something that just made me cringe. The good doctor's answer was something along the lines of, "Well, this is simple, when she first asked you your age you should have said you were one-hundred and six and smiled suavely at her." Am I the only one who wouldn't be caught dead doing this? (I hate to use words like "gay" or "faggot", but it just feels necessary here!!) THAT IS THE GAYEST (meaning lame) THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!
With lines like this, a lot depends on your personality. If this is something you are uncomfortable saying, you probably shouldn't say it. Maybe it works for him, maybe it's congruent with his style and personality. Maybe you could find a different approach to accomplish the same thing if possible - find a joke about it that suggests the topic is not that serious and that you see age differences as non threatening and a light topic.

On the other hand, it's quite possible that if he had used this line it wouldn't have made any difference at all. Maybe she just thought he was too old for her. Sometimes you can't solve all problems with a pickup line, or a pickup tactic.