"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Since when did it become cool to sleep with another man's woman?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,330
Location
random
this is dark triad behaviour, isn't it?This wasn't obvious to me at first how people do this.I think the sex must be better than the original relationship or at least the confidence gained by being wanted by two is a level of greatness too sweet to pass up.

As per the title of this thread, is this cool though?
for me.. no it is not cool. but don't accept me as the common rule as I often am not in sync with cool. I think superman and all the ideals of that image is respectable and admirable. i already accept being in a tiny minority with that opinion and many will consider that being a fool and I am ok with that.

cool is group think. cool is validation and approval of group.

there are hidden channels of cool, this is definitely considered cool in some social circles. the lame ass defense that someone else would do it if they do not is for acceptance outside that circle. within those circle it is very cool. if it was not the circle would not allow it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2016
Messages
273
Reaction score
181
I don't know if dudes like being side pieces, like some of my friends who slept with women in relationships or married women. or simply don't have respect for themselves and for humanity and think of infidelity as nothing but a fantasy.

I could never see myself doing that to another man, whether I know them or not. I feel like that's a ***** move. It shows that men are weak and lustful. Those same weak men are usually controlled by their lust and often face some detriment do to it at one point or another. Much like some of my friends who cried over girls who chose their partners over them after catching feelings.

I hear guys all the time these days talk about how they're sleeping with some chick who has a boyfriend .. I think it's pathetic. This is what society has come to? That people can't even respect a relationship because they're that horny?

I've cut off male friends in my own circle for **** like that. Why? Because it shows a lack of respect and integrity. If you can do something like that to someone, how do I know you won't throw me under the bus in a situation, or snitch on me, or try to sleep with someone I care about?
I disagree and think that you're removing the accountability from the female. Women aren't just objects that are stolen. They're human beings with freedom of choices.
 

christie

Banned
Joined
Oct 29, 2020
Messages
786
Reaction score
491
for me.. no it is not cool. but don't accept me as the common rule as I often am not in sync with cool. I think superman and all the ideals of that image is respectable and admirable. i already accept being in a tiny minority with that opinion and many will consider that being a fool and I am ok with that.

cool is group think. cool is validation and approval of group.

there are hidden channels of cool, this is definitely considered cool in some social circles. the lame ass defense that someone else would do it if they do not is for acceptance outside that circle. within those circle it is very cool. if it was not the circle would not allow it.
I suspend judgement now because I understand the motivators behind men's actions.

I can see all sides now.

I just need to know how to recognise if the man standing in front of me is this way, that way, the other way or which way?

Actions speak louder than words but even this is not enough to vet with.
I must be clear with demonstrating my boundaries and needs and also just as important, what I have to offer.




Coming up soon I have almost 3 weeks off work.

I'm going to sign off all internet for this vacation to read and think review and make notes on what I've learned since #redpilled.
I'm excited metalwater!
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Relationships and marriage are two different things. I’d never knowingly sleep with a married woman. Women in relationships are single. As other posters said, those women should tell you they are in a relationship but often don’t.
 

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
1,814
Everyone's spinning plates - girls and guys. Most smart spinners don't mention other plates.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Sneaky Pete

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2017
Messages
72
Reaction score
14
Age
35
Location
Chicago
Im loyal af.... no way id ever do that..i have a conscious and need to sleep at night... there is no excuse... the whole "that part of the brain doesnt develop til your older so i did it when i was younger" is just a cop out rationalization hamster excuse to make yourself feel better. We all know right from wrong at a young age. Facts are you just didnt give a shyt and were selfish...
Very true
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,747
Reaction score
9,939
but don't accept me as the common rule as I often am not in sync with cool. I think superman and all the ideals of that image is respectable and admirable.
This is admittedly getting off topic, but I always thought it was a mistake to try and portray Superman as more "dark" to fit in with the current culture. Let Batman be Batman, let Superman be the boy scout. That's what the character is about, own it.

Relationships and marriage are two different things. I’d never knowingly sleep with a married woman. Women in relationships are single.
I tend to agree. I mean I wouldn't say girls with boyfriends are wide open to hit on, it depends to some extent on the nature of the relationship. But if he's just a boyfriend, she still has time to change her mind. Even if they say they're committed, it isn't necessarily permanent. Shoot, even if they're married it isn't necessarily permanent these days. But I don't want to knowingly break up a good couple just so I can get my rocks off.
 
Top