Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does your reputation precede you?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reputation is an interesting topic. For men it is advantageous to be seen as a player or playboy or manwh0re etc. That's a man who loves women and as I noted it has a certain appeal and women love being that woman who captures the player...

For women reputation is different. It is not advantageous (in my view) to be seen as a wh0re, although I do know some women who are, unapologetically, and they have slept with who knows how many men and they simply don't care what anybody thinks. They never lack for male attention and they make the manwh0res look like amateurs. That's because it's EASY as a woman to get sex. The two women I'm thinking of are both cool from a personality perspective and very attractive. But that's not how I roll at all.

My ex BF (an enormous player) would call me a prude at times because I would NOT act like a wh0re, . I'm not, but I do exercise restraint and I do not sleep around. My entire social circle (which is large) knows this. It's interesting. Men want to take me out and get to know me...knowing that my ex was a big player, and knowing that he was INTO me, which means there must be something about me that made it worth LTRing me rather than tossing me. See the difference? My value went up in my social circles because of my restraint and because it is well known that I do NOT sleep around.

I am a player myself in the sense that I know how to play the game as well as anyone, but for a woman, sex isn't necessary. Why? Sex is easy for an attractive woman to get. Relationships are a bigger trophy for a woman. I'm the girl a playboy will actually date, LTR or marry. I still have the ring that my exBF gave me (yes he gave me a ring and used to show it off to other women) and many of my exes from years past would jump at the opportunity to have me back again...several have told me so.

The main thing is to be unapologetic for the way you choose to exist in the world. A number of women, when I first started dating my recent ex, warned me, told me "He's a player, he'll play you, etc. etc." I simply smiled at them and said, "Yes I know. I am WELL aware of what I'm dealing with..." and we certainly had our issues along the way, but the issues were less about him being a playboy and more about much deeper issues that were unique to him, and became the reason I walked away. Even now, 2 months into solid NC I see his family members and close friends creeping my social media (he is totally blocked and pulled down his social media accounts) and I know he is reeling because he did not think I would walk away...even though I told him I was capable of leaving him.

Other men are curious as to why I was compelling enough for that guy to have a relationship with. So I've had more dates and offers to get together etc. than I can shake a stick at.

And yes I do like nightlife and getting out and being social...and I prefer men who are urbane and like the same sort of thing. You have to put yourself in an environment where you meet people who enjoy what you enjoy. I golf, dance tango/Latin/swing, and like expensive restaurants and high end clubs. I also enjoy live music and sports. Guess what? I meet men in all these places and they already enjoy something I enjoy.

Reputation, as my wise granny used to say, is more important than everything except your health. Guard it and be sure it precedes you.
And if gossips destroy your reputation for you with lies, then what? Your left with your confidence and self worth. Sometimes the pool or fabric you are part of can get corrupted or forced to dislodge you, no matter what a consistent high performance person you had been.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if gossips destroy your reputation for you with lies, then what? Your left with your confidence and self worth. Sometimes the pool or fabric you are part of can get corrupted or forced to dislodge you, no matter what a consistent high performance person you had been.
It's easier to maintain the reputation of the honest "a*shole" than the good guy, who has no flaws. If you're known for always telling the truth, even if it hurts you sometimes, the majority will believe you if you're being framed by baseless gossip.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easier to maintain the reputation of the honest "a*shole" than the good guy, who has no flaws. If you're known for always telling the truth, even if it hurts you sometimes, the majority will believe you if you're being framed by baseless gossip.
I found the as$hole easier to uphold than the super clean higher morals guy too. They'll dirty that moral guy.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found the as$hole easier to uphold than the super clean higher morals guy too. They'll dirty that moral guy.
Yes, a*shole is way easier and sustainable. You don't get caught up in lies and, what's more important, you don't forget your ideals. It's easy to be washed away by your own flexible lies.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, a*shole is way easier and sustainable. You don't get caught up in lies and, what's more important, you don't forget your ideals. It's easy to be washed away by your own flexible lies.
For me it wasn't lies. But maybe doing a little more to appear more "conformed".... Doing that weakens my spirit and they can always point out something from a long time ago. Alot of folks image for you is at your absolute worse. Even if on avg your way better.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you wanna emasculate a guy and make him unattractive, tell women he's a nice guy who doesn't sleep around.

But seriously don't do it if you value the guy's sanity.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it wasn't lies. But maybe doing a little more to appear more "conformed".... Doing that weakens my spirit and they can always point out something from a long time ago. Alot of folks image for you is at your absolute worse. Even if on avg your way better.
Most people also project their own characteristics onto you. They want you to be something they have in mind. Or even worse, they hate something about themselves and thus see that trait in you, much more intensely though.

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you wanna emasculate a guy and make him unattractive, tell women he's a nice guy who doesn't sleep around.

But seriously don't do it if you value the guy's sanity.
On the other hand, if you tell them he's more like a player, will that make him seem more attractive?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people also project their own characteristics onto you. They want you to be something they have in mind. Or even worse, they hate something about themselves and thus see that trait in you, much more intensely though.
A1 on catching their "projection". Trying to be too "good" while being harshly projected into will have your image getting trashed and stress you out. Where if your a solid azzhole you'll be a lot more resilient in the midst of their projections.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you tell them he's more like a player, will that make him seem more attractive?
If several people talk about you like this behind your back, you can be damn sure it will make you more attractive. It takes authentic emotions to talk about someone behind their back. That's why it's always driven by a fact. Usually, when you have formidable skills or achievements, people will talk you down. If you're overly confident, they will call you arrogant. If you are extremely successful with women, you're a misogynist and a player.

Do you recognize a pattern? They head into the correct direction, but take a slight turn so it doesn't make you look good.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If several people talk about you like this behind your back, you can be damn sure it will make you more attractive. It takes authentic emotions to talk about someone behind their back. That's why it's always driven by a fact. Usually, when you have formidable skills or achievements, people will talk you down. If you're overly confident, they will call you arrogant. If you are extremely successful with women, you're a misogynist and a player.

Do you recognize a pattern? They head into the correct direction, but take a slight turn so it doesn't make you look good.
If your solid in yourself, not scared and confident their bad talk can actually fuel you.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A1 on catching their "projection". Trying to be too "good" while being harshly projected into will have your image getting trashed and stress you out. Where if your a solid azzhole you'll be a lot more resilient in the midst of their projections.
They will push you around and try to take advantage of you if you try to be too good. About 80% of the people won't even go near you if you're this honest a*shole. They will fear and respect you from afar. But the 20% that stay can and will be important and deep connections. You might even be able to apply Pareto's Law here in a slightly twisted way. You apply about 20% of your emotional investment, repel 80% of the people and, in turn, get to know 20% of the high quality people who are worth it.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your solid in yourself, not scared and confident their bad talk can actually fuel you.
Why do you write "your" instead of "you're"? Is it because your phone autocorrects and you leave it that way, or do you just not care about the difference?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct. In fact my reputation has been under attack this summer. But people know the source and they know me. I tell the truth even when it’s the harder thing to do. People know my character. So people can gossip. But they look foolish in time compared to fact and in contrast to my behavior.

In addition understand that any notoriety is good notoriety in the sense that it keeps your name in circulation. Trump is a master at this and so was Ronald Reagan. All press is good press in the sense that it keeps your currency high.

Never pretend to be someone or something you aren’t and you’ll avoid a great deal of trouble. Be generous, stable and kind. People are smart. They figure it out.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love the players. Love them.
You've made frequent comments over the years about how you like players. I was wondering how you define "player"?
Because it's one thing to be good with the ladies, but to me the term "player" suggests that a guy will "play" women, meaning basically he manipulates them to his own end. Is that an aspect of how you define players?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've made frequent comments over the years about how you like players. I was wondering how you define "player"?
Because it's one thing to be good with the ladies, but to me the term "player" suggests that a guy will "play" women, meaning basically he manipulates them to his own end. Is that an aspect of how you define players?
Also curious what she would define as a "Player".