Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who here would like to live in the past?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a discussion in the other thread my guess is that most men would not like to live in the past.

Would you?

Let's say your time is randomly generated in the last 10k years
compared to being a random guy in the world or the west in current times.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The early 2000s (2001 - 2010) were the golden years for me. People were actually sane back then. Music was good, women were more open, society was friendlier....

The 90s had great rock music. The 80s had its own unique music and vibe but I honestly only remember 80s cartoons.

If I had to choose, I wish we could have paused society right around 2006 and kept things as they were.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10,000 years is too large a period of time to roll your dice on. If I had been born just 10 years earlier, I might have died in Vietnam.
But I think one of the things about modern society I would miss most would be air conditioning.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve often found myself thinking I would thrive in the late 1800s on through the turn of the century. There was so much innovation going on and of course gender roles were much more clearly defined.

Back then, a man who had interest in the sciences and industry could really make something of himself and change the world.

Then I think of the lack of hot running water, and disease. All things considered, send me back there and I’d be happy. I’ve often told people I was born a century too late.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are joking. I killed so many mp3 players because they were crap. Technology was crap. People were even more stupid back then because they didn't have google and wikipedia. You told them something they didn't believe it. You couldn't send a link.

Imagine living in a boring culture you couldn't have proper access to foreign stuff. It's boring as hell. You have your private mentors with youtube and apps now. So many possibilities. If you want women you can go to PH. You will find all the information online.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the "golden memories" are from the late 80s - period between 1987-1990.
I could be quite happy living in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Except for the wars, and you know, the lack of air conditioning.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be cool to visit. But to live in the past? No thank you.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I had a discussion in the other thread my guess is that most men would not like to live in the past.

Would you?

compared to being a random guy in the world or the west in current times.
1000 years ago when my clan still had our kingdom in Ireland.
;)

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
10,000 years is too large a period of time to roll your dice on. If I had been born just 10 years earlier, I might have died in Vietnam.
But I think one of the things about modern society I would miss most would be air conditioning.
I love AC, but I would say enjoy it now. Sadly, I think it will be taken away eventually.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Anytime before the internet...
Haha yep +1 on this. A time when people appreciated the real world around them and didn’t take so much for granted.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Time travel?

The past is known.

The future is unknown.

Definitely the future, imagine the wonders you'll discover, those things man has always strived for, a Mars colony, Space travel, new habitable worlds, anti gravity vehicles, a more conducive world environment, has come to fruition?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha yep +1 on this. A time when people appreciated the real world around them and didn’t take so much for granted.
I love the internet, but it does seem to have spoiled a lot of things.
Maybe in the past we could pretend that we were more alike than we really are, and now maybe we know each other too well, and we can see just how split and divided we are.

I love AC, but I would say enjoy it now. Sadly, I think it will be taken away eventually.
Wow, you are pessimistic. Nothing lasts forever, of course.
I'm at that age where I know I'm not going to be around much longer anyway.

Definitely the future, imagine the wonders you'll discover, those things man has always strived for, a Mars colony, Space travel, new habitable worlds, anti gravity vehicles, a more conducive world environment, has come to fruition?
A superbug wiping out most of the earth's population...

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
A superbug wiping out most of the earth's population...
There will always be bugs around, it has in the past and it will be present in the future.

But don't worry, humans as a bigger bug, has that special capability to survive.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be fine in the 2005-2015 time span, there was the best ratio in terms of people/technology.

I remember the 90s, sure not bad as long as you were in the right place...travels were much more expensive and harder plus the access to media on demand was almost none.

I was stucked at home for an entire summer with my parents and good god I believe its part of my mental illness while right now I read and watch movie the whole quarantine.

The 2005-15 time span was the top since we had decent technology for our basic needs but the people was not fvcked up as now, the process begun in the 2013-4 moment actually when social networks became so easy to access that even retards and cvnts could get them through their phones.

By mid 00s cheap flying company were already working therefore if your place sucked you could have move easily.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Elon Musk said recently AI will be taking over in 5 years.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to live in a world without COVID.