Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Mike tyson returns to boxing

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't take pure promotional fights like this seriously. I'm a big fan of the old Roy Jones Jr. And Mike is obviously also a big legend. But let's be honest, their prime is long gone.

When Rampage Jackson fought Fedor Emelianenko last December I was expecting a somewhat decent brawl. What happened? We saw a fat, slow and exhausted Rampage that didn't even fight back. It was sad and shouldn't have happened in the first place. The last image you see of a fighter lasts forever and could potentially harm their legacy.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't take pure promotional fights like this seriously. I'm a big fan of the old Roy Jones Jr. And Mike is obviously also a big legend. But let's be honest, their prime is long gone.

When Rampage Jackson fought Fedor Emelianenko last December I was expecting a somewhat decent brawl. What happened? We saw a fat, slow and exhausted Rampage that didn't even fight back. It was sad and shouldn't have happened in the first place. The last image you see of a fighter lasts forever and could potentially harm their legacy.
These guys have enough time to get in really good shape. It's up to them.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These guys have enough time to get in really good shape. It's up to them.
It's always up to the athletes. After reaching a certain age your body just can't perform like it did 20 years ago. It's not a matter of muscle mass or speed. It's your heart and your lungs. Exhaustion hits way faster. And since it's on ESPN, you have to buy the fight pass on ESPN+ I believe. UFC will stream the fight too.

Obviously it's up to the consumer whether he considers it worthwile. But many people buy into the hype and end up disappointed. That's why I don't expect much when I hear about promotional exhibition matches that feature old legends who want to make a comeback.

Either way, we'll see how it goes.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always up to the athletes. After reaching a certain age your body just can't perform like it did 20 years ago. It's not a matter of muscle mass or speed. It's your heart and your lungs. Exhaustion hits way faster.

Either way, we'll see how it goes.
But you don't have to go out there fat and out of shape. That's a choice. Sure he won't be as quick as his prime. But he doesn't have to be fat and out of shape.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But you don't have to go out there fat and out of shape. That's a choice. Sure he won't be as quick as his prime. But he doesn't have to be fat and out of shape.
Tyson will be "too fat" until he is between 215-220, that was his fighting weight. The last i heard he's 235lbs...

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike and Roy Jones won't be fat, I know that. I saw a couple of Mike's recent shadow boxing clips. He's still a beast.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike and Roy Jones won't be fat, I know that. I saw a couple of Mike's recent shadow boxing clips. He's still a beast.
I saw it too, he's a beast. In my honest analysis, he is still a little too fat. He had some fights where he was 225, 230 and alittle higher, he was just not as sharp. He was super sharp between 215-220.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exhibition fights usually go for 3 rounds. They do it this way because they know that there is no way in hell where they'll be able to keep up the pace for 12 rounds. So we'll hopefully see some good bombs. Jones is a light heavyweight. So Mike will be way heavier than him if he doesn't bulk up.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw it too, he's a beast. In my honest analysis, he is still a little too fat. He had some fights where he was 225, 230 and alittle higher, he was just not as sharp. He was super sharp between 215-220.
Yes. He was at about 215 when he fought against Holmes. Man, he looked like a f*cking bull with that muscle mass. Also explosive as hell.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a real fight. They are being encouraged not to go for a knockout and any cut is an immediate stoppage.

They will make plenty of money though.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a real fight. They are being encouraged not to go for a knockout and any cut is an immediate stoppage.

They will make plenty of money though.

I have a hunch that everything we will read about this fight going into it is a setup.

A fighter is a brand to be marketed. If Tyson was going to be built up to be a more profitable brand, he needs to look like his old self. And that old self wouldn't let this fight let out of the first round. Even at this age, I don't think you can tell tyson to not go 100%.

My prediction is tyson by tko, and there is a good chance of that being early in the first round. Afterward, jones will be like, "what the hell man? You said this was just friendly sparring."

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a hunch that everything we will read about this fight going into it is a setup.

A fighter is a brand to be marketed. If Tyson was going to be built up to be a more profitable brand, he needs to look like his old self. And that old self wouldn't let this fight let out of the first round. Even at this age, I don't think you can tell tyson to not go 100%.

My prediction is tyson by tko, and there is a good chance of that being early in the first round. Afterward, jones will be like, "what the hell man? You said this was just friendly sparring."
If Jones is in good shape i think he'll have quite a speed advantage. But yes if Tyson brings his brand back alive it won't matter. His power level is what killed folks when he was champ. Just too much power. Just too much technique.

I found this:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Jones is in good shape i think he'll have quite a speed advantage. But yes if Tyson brings his brand back alive it won't matter. His power level is what killed folks when he was champ. Just too much power. Just too much technique.

I found this:
Those hits sounded like NFL collisions.