Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smart People Have Less Friends

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be more intelligent go in an environment where people are more intelligent than you.

If you want to be more happy go into an environment where people have lower status it has been said

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When reading a lot of advice given on this forum, I see a lot of "smart" members. In other words, it would appear that they've read a lot of pickup material and through memorization, will provide 'advice' that they've previously read to be gospel.
When I first came to this forum, it used to kind of drive me crazy because there was so much group think going on. If someone made a certain comment, you could pretty much predict what the reply would be because like you say, it was all rote. If someone says A, you say B. It was as predictable as a Mystery pickup routine, it seemed that canned. This frustrated me, because I wanted to hear some differing opinions. That was quite a while back though, and at the time pickup was very based on routines and memorized pieces. Thankfully, that has changed for the better IMO, although some still pine for the "good old days".

Anyway, you were talking about people memorizing information and spitting it back. The kind of people they used as examples in the video were highly creative people who were passionate about their pursuits (Newton and Tesla). They certainly weren't lacking intelligence.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first came to this forum, it used to kind of drive me crazy because there was so much group think going on. If someone made a certain comment, you could pretty much predict what the reply would be because like you say, it was all rote. If someone says A, you say B. It was as predictable as a Mystery pickup routine, it seemed that canned. This frustrated me, because I wanted to hear some differing opinions. That was quite a while back though, and at the time pickup was very based on routines and memorized pieces. Thankfully, that has changed for the better IMO, although some still pine for the "good old days".

Anyway, you were talking about people memorizing information and spitting it back. The kind of people they used as examples in the video were highly creative people who were passionate about their pursuits (Newton and Tesla). They certainly weren't lacking intelligence.
--

Science above all! That’s why Tesla never got married.

“I have decided to dedicate my whole life to work – he wrote – and for that reason I gave up love and companionship of a good woman; and even more than that. I believe that a writer or a musician or an artist should marry. They gain inspiration that leads to finer achievement. But an inventor has so intense a nature, with so much in it of wild, passionate quality that, in giving himself to a woman, he would give up everything, and so take everything from his chosen field. It is a pity, too; sometimes we feel so lonely!”
---

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events
Small minds discuss people
Not too many like to discuss ideas in a social setting.

And I like the people that likes to tell other people that they're smart whether in person or in writing, like a dating profile. Smart people don't announce it. LOL

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking that there's a huge difference between people that are just smart and those that are intelligent.

I'm going to provide a couple of personal instances.

When I was fifteen, I was the typical school rebellion. I was more interested in playing guitar after school than doing homework. Consequently, my grades were barley passing. My girlfriend at the time, was a straight A student. I walked her home a lot and on one of these walks, I asked her some random philosophical question. It was the strangest thing. She could not formulate an opinion. Because she was so "smart" I could not understand this at all.

Later, I came to realize that "smart" people can memorize things well, but that does not necessarily mean that they have the skills (or even drive for that matter) to formulate independent thought.

Here's a more recent example. I belong to a philosophy group. My first thought was that I'll be able to meet like-minded people that are also in search of perspectives that aren't part of group-think or the mainstream. Boy, I was wrong about that! Nearly all members will quote things that they've previously read, but when asked a question that involved personal perspective, they seemed incapable.

In other words, the above parties are smart, but appear to lack intelligence.
Intelligence have many aspect to it, and i think some part of it are more useful than others.

Verbal intelligence wont be as useful than logical reasoning skills for example.

I am seeing a smart women atm i might be wrong but i think we are very similar intelligence wise.

im probably doing this wrong but for all argument we have i end up on top even if im wrong lollll
Because my logical skills are way better than her.

In social setting i think being flexible in the way we talk and act will give you a more rewarding experience,.

I would say not all smart ppl are the same, some will not integrate well with others, because they find them boring and not intellectually stimulating conversation.

With more flexibility lots can be learn from other ppl even if they are not as smart.
Ive seen some pretty good wisdom coming from ppl you would think have nothing to offer intellectually.
also i find that observing what they do and why the do things is very interesting because they are usually more of an open book.

Back to this forum, i think most ppl here are regurgitating things they read before, i actually do this too because for most case its simply that the women is lacking interest.
Ofc shifting to reasoning is probably harder for some when dealing with some outside the box things.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence have many aspect to it, and i think some part of it are more useful than others.

Verbal intelligence wont be as useful than logical reasoning skills for example.
Exactly.

One of my plates now went to Harvard and got her Master's there too, but she's dumb as rocks when it comes to certain technical things but way smart in other areas. Unfortunately she's not too bright in her career path as she is just working at an inner city school as a teacher. But I guess it brings her joy and fulfills her in a way I will never understand.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.

One of my plates now went to Harvard and got her Master's there too, but she's dumb as rocks when it comes to certain technical things but way smart in other areas. Unfortunately she's not too bright in her career path as she is just working at an inner city school as a teacher. But I guess it brings her joy and fulfills her in a way I will never understand.
Not all field are created equal.
But lots of ppl think level of education equal intelligence, its probably why we have so much incompetence everywhere.

A phd in social science is most of the time dumber than a BA in Math for example.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all field are created equal.
But lots of ppl think level of education equal intelligence, its probably why we have so much incompetence everywhere.

A phd in social science is most of the time dumber than a BA in Math for example.
Exactly, I agree. In today's world, there is so much emphasis placed on which school and job titles/certifications and such. Over half the people I met with master's degrees, I'd actually consider not so bright outside of the school environment. A couple coworkers don't know $hit but they do know how to answer interview questions really well for example.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could argue that intelligent people are less friendly that is also why they don't have many friends. Maybe they think they don't need to be friendly.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could argue that intelligent people are less friendly that is also why they don't have many friends. Maybe they think they don't need to be friendly.
that can be true. another side of that is that everyone has different skills and talents as it relates to this. same as physical attributes, we can clearly see that a 350 pound ripped guy is stronger than a 150-pound toothpick and we do not expect the smaller one to have a chance to compete. mental skills (all including social) are unique between ppl. I am not an MD but am aware that human brains are really complex. So man assumes that the other guy should be able to understand and mentally do and figure out anything I can and if he does not it must be because he is not motivated. I watched some really interesting documentary on mushrooms, and how some men had used mushrooms to try to fix there mind in the same way that toothpick will try roids. It worked for some of them... My idea is that we consider that the social failings of another might be because they can't, not because the won't.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's more that their focus is on something else instead of people.
Also, if people are friendly so that other people like them, that's basically the same thing as the stereotypical "Nice Guy".

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, I agree. In today's world, there is so much emphasis placed on which school and job titles/certifications and such. Over half the people I met with master's degrees, I'd actually consider not so bright outside of the school environment. A couple coworkers don't know $hit but they do know how to answer interview questions really well for example.
They got the papers. Alot of f
I think it's more that their focus is on something else instead of people.
Also, if people are friendly so that other people like them, that's basically the same thing as the stereotypical "Nice Guy".
So treat people like crap so they'll like you?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smart people also have the best friends. We may not be as numerous or as cool but we nerds are there for you when you need us. After all where else would we be?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So treat people like crap so they'll like you?
Don't look at me, I didn't write this PUA stuff. They're the ones who are always saying being nice is such a terrible thing.
I've always thought you should treat others like you want to be treated, not to get them to like you, but just out of baseline respect. As fellow members of the human race.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone likes to think they are smart.

So got to be careful with that mindset.

Having less friend does not necessary mean you are smart.

Thats like career women telling themselve men are intimidated by thier position, as the reason no man stay with them for long.