Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Redskins considering name change

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't support giving into mob demands because it just incentives them to keep throwing more tantrums.

But in this case it might actually be kinda cool cause Native tribes have some of the coolest names: Apache, Comanche, Lakota, Mohawk, Sioux, Cheyenne, Huron, Mojave.....
Yep, Pawnee, Pequot, Oneida, Seneca...etc.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm done...This is bs of the highest order. The feminine imperative has gone too far. I will be removing ANYONE who is close to me in real life that supports this from my circle entirely.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It meant more to me than just football. I was a Redskins fan because of my grandfather, who meant a lot to me when he was around. This makes me feel cold toward this whole country.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I don't support giving into mob demands because it just incentives them to keep throwing more tantrums.

But in this case it might actually be kinda cool cause Native tribes have some of the coolest names: Apache, Comanche, Lakota, Mohawk, Sioux, Cheyenne, Huron, Mojave.....
Apache would be badass

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is BS? A team no longer being named a racial slur?
Red wolves is in the running, which is dumb to make them red anything, because that is the slur itself.

I won't miss that idiotic tomahawk chop, either, the atlanta braves stole that from fsu. The cardinals have a relief pitcher of native American heritage who they did that to last season, a new cultural low point for baseball.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red wolves is in the running, which is dumb to make them red anything, because that is the slur itself.
I thought the skin was the slur. People get very offended about skin.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the skin was the slur. People get very offended about skin.
From what I read, the first documented use of the word was on bounties advertised on native americans. The "red skin" was the scalp turned in to receive the bounty.

Washington Swamp Rats?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rest of the world is laughing at Americans even more...

You can make any word offensive these days. You're never going to please everyone unfortunately.

I really wish we could go back to the "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can't hurt me" society. Everyone was more calm back then and people knew how to ignore words and fist fights solved a lot of things too. Now you got butt hurt weaklings threatening lawsuits as their only strength because they aren't real men and can't fight, coinciding with how woman do things. Bring back the 'say it to my face and duke it out days. Only baby boomers and Gen X will probably remember those days.

As far as this specifically, changing names is just a political and PR move. If government really wanted to do something for the Native Americans, forget name changes and just give them back more land. I'm sure they would much rather have that. My $.02

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I read, the first documented use of the word was on bounties advertised on native americans. The "red skin" was the scalp turned in to receive the bounty.
I had heard it originated with the Beothuk tribe, who would paint their skin with red paint, but who knows?