Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Love

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course believe in it. it is the reason many men get run over like bowling pins. men often and easily love, we call it oneites. do women love.... is the related question? maybe... but only to a natural-born alpha(definitions vary).

guard against it or suffer the results...

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course believe in it. it is the reason many men get run over like bowling pins. men often and easily love, we call it oneites. do women love.... is the related question? maybe... but only to a natural-born alpha(definitions vary).

guard against it or suffer the results...
Oneitis and love could be completely different if one truly believes in the virtue of it. The cliche definition I believe is caring about someone more than yourself. If you make them happy then you are happy from it.

All BS?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had and still have a hard time grappling my head around this concept but there are some things that I definitely have come to a conclusion with.

You can love or be in love. They both can exhibit different feelings.

Love can also come disguised as many things(lust, filling some hole in your life, attention, neediness, etc)

The only thing for sure on Love is unconditional love. Like the kind that you'd be willing to die for and being selfless. Like giving your life to save your child, parent, wife, etc.

Londonguy101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had and still have a hard time grappling my head around this concept but there are some things that I definitely have come to a conclusion with.

You can love or be in love. They both can exhibit different feelings.

Love can also come disguised as many things(lust, filling some hole in your life, attention, neediness, etc)

The only thing for sure on Love is unconditional love. Like the kind that you'd be willing to die for and being selfless. Like giving your life to save your child, parent, wife, etc.
Am I in the minority in that would give my life for my kids, but not my wife? I wouldn’t conflate the two.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I in the minority in that would give my life for my kids, but not my wife? I wouldn’t conflate the two.
No there's a lot that wouldn't but I think I maybe in the minority in where I would. I have no doubt that she would give her life for mine.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No there's a lot that wouldn't but I think I maybe in the minority in where I would. I have no doubt that she would give her life for mine.
I think either parent willing to give their life for their child is inherently understood... As far as the significant other in a relationship... I'd definitely want my woman to feel that way towards me.. but not sure about the reverse... Selfish and double standards? Probably...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I certainly believe in it, and I've learned a few things from being there.

A woman is completely allowed to be in love, at least for the first time in her life. I'm not talking about stupid high school crushes, but when she's involved in her first genuine relationship, she's 100% capable of being loyal. Once she's alpha-widowed, she is no longer capable of truly loving another man.

As for men, they are NOT allowed to be in love. When a man is head over heels in love, he comes off as weak which is a turn-off for a woman. A man should seek out a woman who is convenient. He'll develop a deep appreciation for her, but never have a crazy level of love for her.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone believe in it?.......
Yes.
Next question.

A woman is completely allowed to be in love, at least for the first time in her life. I'm not talking about stupid high school crushes, but when she's involved in her first genuine relationship, she's 100% capable of being loyal. Once she's alpha-widowed, she is no longer capable of truly loving another man.

As for men, they are NOT allowed to be in love. When a man is head over heels in love, he comes off as weak which is a turn-off for a woman. A man should seek out a woman who is convenient. He'll develop a deep appreciation for her, but never have a crazy level of love for her.
Can't agree with you on this one. Women can love all their lives.
There's no thing as alpha-widowed in my experience. There's just a "no alpha around". Until I come and f**k her right in the p**sy!

And if you're enough of a man, you don't come off as weak. "Men are NOT allowed to be in love" my a$$. Maybe sissys look weak if they show their love. Not me. A strong loving man is a p**sy magnet.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneitis and love could be completely different if one truly believes in the virtue of it. The cliche definition I believe is caring about someone more than yourself. If you make them happy then you are happy from it.

All BS?
Sorta.

I believe it's a harmonious convergence of the romantic interests of two unique people. But it's borne out of selfishness. That's not to say there's no sacrifice, but what is "sacrifice," anyway? Giving up something you want for the other person. But there is still an internal motive, based on the happiness you might feel knowing you're giving something to someone.

In my experience, people who give "selflessly" are often the most miserable, because they're either worried about others' happiness more than their own, or because they secretly want to leverage their selflessness.

There's a lot more going on than feelings there. I don't mean to say it's hard work, I mean that it works best when each person knows him/her self well.

I see this as all a matter of frame. A man with proper frame can be head over heels, but he'll have perspective, too. I personally don't recommend relying only on women who are "convenient." If you're high value, not all women are going to make their attraction obvious, contrary to Sosuave belief. SOME will but that leaves a lot of women on the table.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No
Love is us rationalizing infatuation and things we do to get laid.
I think love of family is a bit different but still deep down its still something we do for our own interest.
When looking the gene/dna centric theory of life goal, loving our family is a very useful tool for keeping our closest gene pool alive and making it thrive.

Deep down we are all selfish being.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Love is a treacherous force of nature. Poorly understood. Don't let anyone tell you that love is BS. Love is still very mysterious. The problem with "love" is that we often conflate it with infatuation which makes us vulnerable to betrayal and makes us turn into little betas. Love has to be associated with strength, respect and grounded in good red pill experience/knowledge.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's a bit sad but this seems to be reality... Growing up I always viewed things romantically... the older I get however I view things more pragmatically.

Sorta.

I believe it's a harmonious convergence of the romantic interests of two unique people. But it's borne out of selfishness. That's not to say there's no sacrifice, but what is "sacrifice," anyway? Giving up something you want for the other person. But there is still an internal motive, based on the happiness you might feel knowing you're giving something to someone.

In my experience, people who give "selflessly" are often the most miserable, because they're either worried about others' happiness more than their own, or because they secretly want to leverage their selflessness.

There's a lot more going on than feelings there. I don't mean to say it's hard work, I mean that it works best when each person knows him/her self well.
If love is truly believed as a virtue then that internal motive of giving to someone else might be noble. I wonder if truly selfless people are unhappy though or maybe they are the happiest? The key word is truly though... if anyone gives with any ulterior motive, hope, or expectation other than just wanting to see the other person happy then they are not truly selfless. I think a lot of people think they are but really aren't. I am selfish as hell so I definitely don't fall into that category lol

Love is a treacherous force of nature. Poorly understood. Don't let anyone tell you that love is BS. Love is still very mysterious. The problem with "love" is that we often conflate it with infatuation which makes us vulnerable to betrayal and makes us turn into little betas. Love has to be associated with strength, respect and grounded in good red pill experience/knowledge.
There definitely seems to be different forms or levels of love such as child, family, significant other etc...

Emotionally wise I felt the strongest for my first serious relationship when I was 17.. I would have done anything for that girl... what a chump I was lol Like Des's post above my supplicating actions ended up turning her off.

Means1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
I been drinking tonight.

Look, in old days women respected their husbands. Cooked cleaned, listened. They had some to **** on the side? Yes. But they had respect enough to never let anyone find out, and if the dude said something, she denies it, cuts ties, and he gets beat up, by accusing **** like that.

That was respect towards their husband. Today they can walk around and cheat and **** and whatever. Women today lack respect towards men, and men lack self respect.

It’s actually really easy to stand out, just have self respect. Love? Love your dog, tv, car, mom, kid, underwear, shaving cream. It won’t leave you. Women, it’s all respect, not love. You love them when they die, or they love you when they die cause you can’t respect another male/female again as you did that person.