"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Allowing her to “miss” you

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
Been seeing a lady for a month or so. Roughly 1-2 times weekly and usually lots of sex when together.

Between dates she often texts me throughout the day and she initiates at least 75% of the time. I don’t text tooo much, just enough to not be cold and I make plans for next dates, etc.

One thing I’m wondering, is when you’re in the early stages (hanging out/early dating/having fun/hooking up), what does it mean to let her “miss you”? I already rarely initiate, sometimes a nice text now and then, but as I mentioned she does that the overwhelming majority of the time.

Just go a day or so without initiating at all? I do this frequently already, as she commonly hits me up randomly during the day - sometimes saying sweet things (I miss you/can’t wait to see you, etc). I reciprocate, but rarely would say that in my initiations unless she already said it (I.e. miss you too, simple stuff nothing heavy).

I want to keep a healthy text balance - I think I’m doing it right so far. But want to know what it really means to allow her to “miss you” when I already let her initiate most the time?

thoughts? Thanks!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
It depends.

First 1-2 months don't see her more than once a week and sometimes skip a week.

After sex she should start doing the pursuing, which she does according to your post so that is good.

If you want to give her the gift of missing you, skip a week. If she asks to meet up say you'd love to but can't because your busy that weekend.

Sounds like you guys are young.

I would be careful with women who are already head over heels after a month of you. They can lose their IL as fast as they got it, and they like new things and get bored easily.
 
Last edited:

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
I would be careful with women who are already head over heels after a month of you. They can lose their IL as fast as they got it, and they like new things and get bored easily.
I try to be aware of this. How does one ensure that IL does not get lost as fast as they got it?
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
It's always a delicate balance. I would try to disappear for considerably longer than usual and see what her reaction is. You want to find the area where you're not playing games, but rather managing your relationship.
 

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
It's always a delicate balance. I would try to disappear for considerably longer than usual and see what her reaction is. You want to find the area where you're not playing games, but rather managing your relationship.
I agree, was thinking something along these lines. We do have plans for later this week already, and I’d prefer not to cancel without reason just for this purpose. Thoughts? I’d like to keep the date I setup already rather than flake just to try to be “more unavailable”.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I'm not a big believer in canceling dates. When I say "disappear", I mean more in the texting department.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
Moving forward, if you feel that you are seeing each other too much, maybe be "busy" one week. Just be careful to stay in "relationship management" mode and avoid playing games with her. I like to think of it as "throttling" my availability.
 

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
Moving forward, if you feel that you are seeing each other too much, maybe be "busy" one week. Just be careful to stay in "relationship management" mode and avoid playing games with her. I like to think of it as "throttling" my availability.
I like that term - throttling the availability. How does one do that in respect to texting, however? For example a lot of the texts she initiates are random statements/things about her day, etc. Just allow an hour or two before replying and keep it short/sweet? I don’t want to fall into a trap of endless texting back and forth about (basically) nothing. I get it that her initiating is just a way of wanting to feel my presence/etc, which I like that she does.
 

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
I like that term - throttling the availability. How does one do that in respect to texting, however? For example a lot of the texts she initiates are random statements/things about her day, etc. Just allow an hour or two before replying and keep it short/sweet? I don’t want to fall into a trap of endless texting back and forth about (basically) nothing. I get it that her initiating is just a way of wanting to feel my presence/etc, which I like that she does.
It also depends on how you have behaving until now, if you have been texting back a lot and you can't just stop now. I think it's important to set the standard at the start of the dating/LTR, if she nags how you take a lot of time to responds or the fact that you never send her goodnight you can just say that's you and you never do it. She can't argue with that. However if you start doing this now she might get anxious.

I now stay away from girls who text me too often with useless **** and expect me to be in contact with them 24/7.
 

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
You're already doing just fine
Thanks for the kind words - I agree that things seem to be going fine and we both enjoy one another so I feel good about it. I just don’t want to get complacent or lose touch with the good info I’ve learned over the years.

Appreciate it - just trying to keep the momentum going (in terms of what’s working so far).
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
276
Don’t get too invested. Your post says to me that you are . That’s when you get in trouble. Don’t overthink things. Get on with your life. If you are busy getting on with your life rather than thinking about how to game her she will automatically miss you.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
Spin other plates.
 
Top