Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Business during Covid 19: Cash flow, Cost and Credit

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If u own a business, the above title will be on ur mind as it does in mine, as to how best juggle it all and at the end balance it.

Sharing as much as I possibly can as it's all ongoing and very fluid.

I own businesses in pretty much of SEA, small and medium scale, nothing big.

In Thailand and the Philippines, its tied to the tourism industry, a few boats to bring China divers out, it's basically kaput right now - I'm paying salaries, rentals and servicing credits.

Dug into my savings and set aside 6 months worth of cash to keep it afloat without any business flowing in.

So cash is indeed king.

In Singapore and Indonesia, it is children entertainment (toy machines) and food outlets.

Somehow its still making some money but I've set aside a contingency budget to keep it afloat for 6 months, towards paying salaries and servicing rentals on outlets. Luckily I don't have to service any credits on those businesses.

I do co-own a manufacturing plant in Malaysia and its pretty much tied to business with Singapore, its still making money or at least when the contract runs out.

As for my small plantation, it was never making money since the beginning but I'm almost near the end of servicing the credit on it. I've been neglecting this part of my business since its tied to tribal land and it just causes me too much heartache to pour my time into it.

As for my JOB, in an MNC, there's cost cutting measures, there's also borrowing from HQ at a 0.5% interest, but I suspect business will start to drop in the coming 2 months and take about 6 months to recover AFTER covid 19.

So gent's, brace urselfs, set ur business continuity plans to sustain for a minimum of 6 months AFTER covid 19.

Depending on where, Govts are helping out some, at least it can mitigate some cost to keep workers paid, etc.

Try not to retrench workers, especially those at the bottom levels, it will hurt them the most and it will also hurt you in the long run.

Any ideas or experiences from others will be welcomed, since everything is fluid at the moment.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If u own a business, the above title will be on ur mind as it does in mine, as to how best juggle it all and at the end balance it.

In Thailand and the Philippines, its tied to the tourism industry, a few boats to bring China divers out, it's basically kaput right now - I'm paying salaries, rentals and servicing credits.

Dug into my savings and set aside 6 months worth of cash to keep it afloat without any business flowing in.

So cash is indeed king.

In Singapore and Indonesia, it is children entertainment (toy machines) and food outlets.

Somehow its still making some money but I've set aside a contingency budget to keep it afloat for 6 months, towards paying salaries and servicing rentals on outlets. Luckily I don't have to service any credits on those businesses.

I do co-own a manufacturing plant in Malaysia and its pretty much tied to business with Singapore, its still making money or at least when the contract runs out.

As for my small plantation, it was never making money since the beginning but I'm almost near the end of servicing the credit on it. I've been neglecting this part of my business since its tied to tribal land and it just causes me too much heartache to pour my time into it.

As for my JOB, in an MNC, there's cost cutting measures, there's also borrowing from HQ at a 0.5% interest, but I suspect business will start to drop in the coming 2 months and take about 6 months to recover AFTER covid 19.

So gent's, brace urselfs, set ur business continuity plans to sustain for a minimum of 6 months AFTER covid 19.

Depending on where, Govts are helping out some, at least it can mitigate some cost to keep workers paid, etc.

Try not to retrench workers, especially those at the bottom levels, it will hurt them the most and it will also hurt you in the long run.

Any ideas or experiences from others will be welcomed, since everything is fluid at the moment.
Business operations is the US, especially Metro NYC and Metro LA cost more to run than in other countries. Though, your business is probably more profitable than most US businesses. With the COVID-19 stimulus bill, most small businesses will be fine IF they apply. I hear in Great Britain, they are paying all citizens 85% of their wages until the pandemic is over. I am sure other countries in the EU are following suite.

Problem is, many are lazy and are running around like Chicken Freaking Little (I.E. the sky is falling). One should also have six months emergency fund for their businesses, if not more and a year for their personal expenses. In addition, all should have opened lines of credit and credit cards to have for such emergencies.

It's going to be a rough couple of months, but if people prepare, they will be fine.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's going to be a rough couple of months, but if people prepare, they will be fine.
I trust many here has the foresight to do this.

Those in the tourism, hotel, food, services, etc business/employees will need to tighten their belts now, impact will be felt 3 months down the road.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I trust many here has the foresight to do this.

Those in the tourism, hotel, food, services, etc business/employees will need to tighten their belts now, impact will be felt 3 months down the road.
problem is if you bussiness was in trouble before, or your line of work will not stop just because the sky is falling

i'm working normally, if I close I lose clients, if I lose clients I will not even need to open again, don't matter "how" goverments will help, they will not make clients want your services again

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
problem is if you bussiness was in trouble before, or your line of work will not stop just because the sky is falling

i'm working normally, if I close I lose clients, if I lose clients I will not even need to open again, don't matter "how" goverments will help, they will not make clients want your services again
Just in case you don't know, most of SEA is in lockdown mode.

Only essential business is allowed to operate.

If ur country goes in lockdown mode, there's nothing much you can do except to put into effect ur business continuity plan - and you better have one.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just in case you don't know, most of SEA is in lockdown mode.

Only essential business is allowed to operate.

If ur country goes in lockdown mode, there's nothing much you can do except to put into effect ur business continuity plan - and you better have one.
oh they are in lockdown here, governor ******* is doing it, they are even fining people who are still working, or seizing companys, that still won't leave us from having to pay taxes and the monthly information we are forced to deliver for the goverment every month, if we don't more fines and not, they don't care, they say stay at home, am here i'm pretty much saying FORCE ME

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know the laws in asia, but for countries that follow the uk, us, canada, and Australian systems, which are all similar, there exists a doctrine of contract law called force majure, aka changed circumstances. The idea is that no one could have seen this coming, therefore you can claim it as a defense to contractual obligations. Of course it can work for or against you, depending on what end of the contract you are on. But if you are expecting someone to follow through on a contract that was made before the virus outbreak, you might not be able to count on it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I dont know the laws in asia, but for countries that follow the uk, us, canada, and Australian systems, which are all similar, there exists a doctrine of contract law called force majure, aka changed circumstances. The idea is that no one could have seen this coming, therefore you can claim it as a defense to contractual obligations. Of course it can work for or against you, depending on what end of the contract you are on. But if you are expecting someone to follow through on a contract that was made before the virus outbreak, you might not be able to count on it.
Most contracts in Asia will have the wording "an act of God" inserted, it's common practice.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

So cash is indeed king.

SEA = south east asia, yes?

I can’t really offer much other than I chose a more solitary path, low overhead, no payroll, easily scalable, non-location dependent, engages with current affairs, provides a fundamental value, recession proof, etc. I’ve always valued freedom and especially during these times enjoy being agile.

I highly respect those that carry payroll, though. It’s a lot of responsibility just not my cup-of-tea.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
SEA = south east asia, yes?

I can’t really offer much other than I chose a more solitary path, low overhead, no payroll, easily scalable, non-location dependent, engages with current affairs, provides a fundamental value, recession proof, etc. I’ve always valued freedom and especially during these times enjoy being agile.

I highly respect those that carry payroll, though. It’s a lot of responsibility just not my cup-of-tea.
Consultation work or a wondering investor?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I had an associate who was about to make a purchase of a major piece of industrial equipment, to expand his business. He had the cash reserves, but I persuaded him to buy it on a low interest loan, instead, and to hold onto his reserves. He's glad he took the loan, now. Of course, I had no idea what was going to happen; I just didn't want to see him get caught without reserves. Like Spaz said, "cash is king."
Cash is indeed King.

Even when you hv cash, it's always the best policy to buy machinery (or pretty much anything expensive) on credit.

If you qualify for a billion dollar credit, get it.

That's how growth is actually realised in the real world.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Consultation work or a wondering investor?
Trading, mostly day some swing. After losing a bunch of houses to foreclosure in ‘08 became a student of liquidity.

If cash is King, liquidity is the kingdom.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Trading, mostly day some swing. After losing a bunch of houses to foreclosure in ‘08 became a student of liquidity.

If cash is King, liquidity is the kingdom.
Back in the day, trading skills were the most desired and admired, at least by me, but with the advert of the Internet, its a near deathblow to the traditional tradesman but as a niche, in a small pool, that's something - the ever flamboyant and inventive middle man.

You trade anything and everything or is it just a particular trade?

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the day, trading skills were the most desired and admired, at least by me, but with the advert of the Internet, its a near deathblow to the traditional tradesman but as a niche, in a small pool, that's something - the ever flamboyant and inventive middle man.

You trade anything and everything or is it just a particular trade?
Futures ES 5m is my main focus and ever/flowing stream of prosperity- both long and short, hold and reverse style. About 20-40 trades a day depending on market sentiment and current volatility.

Have to say, most of the CW around markets is the blind leading the blind. For them it’s a random walk, game theory and low signal-to-noise.

To a segmented minority that’s developed the skills to ‘see’ a market, it’s anything but.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Futures ES 5m is my main focus and ever/flowing stream of prosperity- both long and short, hold and reverse style. About 20-40 trades a day depending on market sentiment and current volatility.

Have to say, most of the CW around markets is the blind leading the blind. For them it’s a random walk, game theory and low signal-to-noise.

To a segmented minority that’s developed the skills to ‘see’ a market, it’s anything but.
Be prepared for inflation or even hyperinflation in some countries due to the lockdown.

Values of stocks and even money will dip even further then what we are seeing right now.

Let's hope this washes over ASAP, however, put into place a 6 month -1 year continuity plan for urself.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be prepared for inflation or even hyperinflation in some countries due to the lockdown.

Values of stocks and even money will dip even further then what we are seeing right now.

Let's hope this washes over ASAP, however, put into place a 6 month -1 year continuity plan for urself.
Yes I agree. Equities imho will retest lows. This is the perfect storm that bitcoin maximalists have been waiting for. As for washing over ASAP, no way, supply chains have been disrupted, whole industries are not gonna recover, this is not business as usual. Unemployment worldwide is spiking. Even with a vaccine, people are not gonna operate like they did pre-corona.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Equities imho will retest lows. This is the perfect storm that bitcoin maximalists have been waiting for. As for washing over ASAP, no way, supply chains have been disrupted, whole industries are not gonna recover, this is not business as usual. Unemployment worldwide is spiking. Even with a vaccine, people are not gonna operate like they did pre-corona.
Yeah, I guess bitcoins would be making a killing now.

Wish I could pump into a few lesser known coins but as it is, my liquidity doesn't inspires confidence.

Just don't hope much on the vast majority of stocks, unless it's related to online services, they will be raking in money from the increase business, stocks that tied with online deliveries, shopping, online movies and even mobile games.

And any stocks that's related to face mask manufacturing.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess bitcoins would be making a killing now.

Wish I could pump into a few lesser known coins but as it is, my liquidity doesn't inspires confidence.

Just don't hope much on the vast majority of stocks, unless it's related to online services, they will be raking in money from the increase business, stocks that tied with online deliveries, shopping, online movies and even mobile games.

And any stocks that's related to face mask manufacturing.
Bitcoin not blockchain. Use the knife of ‘decentralized’ to cut away all the scams.

Similar to penny stocks, thin markets are ripe for manipulation and playground of ‘pump and dumps’.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Guess again. $6,430 at the moment.
I predict it will hit above 10k, maybe even up to 18k in the next couple of weeks, if there's massive lockdown initiated in cities.

Wish I hv the extra liquidity to buy, too bad.