Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is giving flowers a supplicating move?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this, and it got me interested:
I remember in high school a friend of mine would give flowers to gals he was dating. I did it a little bit in early 20s - it seemed to me to have the effect of a "sugar high" where things seemed to get boosted up, but eventually it would wear down. I have come to the conclusion that if a woman wants to bang you, flowers don't need to be given, and that indeed, I think that doing so may make the gal think that I'm a bit desperate to do so.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is giving flowers a supplicating move?

On a first date(s)

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Done that at my young ages, it felt so feminine,, i couldnt digested it since then, I rather ate that flower rather than giving them..

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I save those for extreme circumstances where I am in an (active or budding) LTR, I was being a *ick and realize that I was being a *ick. Give them often and the impact is lost. As far as early on, no way. If on a walk and there are wild flowers, I might pick one off and slip it into her hair. I have only done this twice and both times, they ate it up.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@gettinit has the idea right. Give them as your way of saying sorry (never say the words I'm sorry).

Honestly, giving flowers seems like something from another time.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll buy them every once in a great while, but only for a LTR or girl I've been banging a while, and only when I want to. Usually it's random, not for a holiday or an apology. Like I'll pass a florist on my way to my girl's place, pick up a cheap bouquet of something and surprise her.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was once convinced by a friend to buy a huge ass bunch of mixed flowers for a oneitis on women's day. The cost was something like 60 bucks, absolutely insane thinking. I have absolutely no idea what came over me.

The oneitis promptly rejected me hard and started hanging out with the friend who'd somehow convinced me to buy her all those flowers for no real reason. Hmmm lol. I must have been drunk on something in my head.

I will never buy a woman flowers again of course.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I was once convinced by a friend to buy a huge ass bunch of mixed flowers for a oneitis on women's day. The cost was something like 60 bucks, absolutely insane thinking. I have absolutely no idea what came over me.

The oneitis promptly rejected me hard and started hanging out with the friend who'd somehow convinced me to buy her all those flowers for no real reason. Hmmm lol. I must have been drunk on something in my head.

I will never buy a woman flowers again of course.
Yes, overdoing flowers like that for a minor holiday is indeed supplication.
A couple roses for her birthday is sufficient. Just enough to remind her that you remembered the occasion and thought of her…

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll buy them every once in a great while, but only for a LTR or girl I've been banging a while, and only when I want to. Usually it's random, not for a holiday or an apology. Like I'll pass a florist on my way to my girl's place, pick up a cheap bouquet of something and surprise her.
This

Only if i feel like it.
Ive been ask for flowers and i hate it when a women does that
my anwser is
If you have to ask for them, then its not because i felt like giving you flowers so its not genuine.
You dont want me to give you flowers by obligation right?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
That OLD girl I had a date with, the guy she went out with on a first date the night before ordered a full thing of flowers delivered to her school that following monday after one date. She posted about it on facebook and gushed about it. I guess that's why I lost out. I think it was that beta buxxing guy she went on a cruise with that HE paid for after just briefly dating.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That OLD girl I had a date with, the guy she went out with on a first date the night before ordered a full thing of flowers delivered to her school that following monday after one date. She posted about it on facebook and gushed about it. I guess that's why I lost out. I think it was that beta buxxing guy she went on a cruise with that HE paid for after just briefly dating.
This over compensating for something, probably lacking the looks, high smv guy dont need all that effort to get a women .

Doing all this is actually an indication of low value, ofc even if the guy is not top smv women will still use the flowers for validation on social media.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
This over compensating for something, probably lacking the looks, high smv guy dont need all that effort to get a women .

Doing all this is actually an indication of low value, ofc even if the guy is not top smv women will still use the flowers for validation on social media.
Well I think she was already friends with the guy for awhile now from what I saw on FB. About her age, 40 or so. He wasn't ugly though, but he wasn't built and didn't look like some of the hunks that post here. He had a sort of Beta cuck look to him. Not nerdy just the type that throws money around to impress. Looks like he just retired from the airforce after doing his 20 and is a real estate agent. So he gets his 20 year military pension plus his real estate job money. So basically probably taking advantage of him for his money since she's a teacher in a public school and with the pension plus the houses he sells he must make good money because he sells a lot of houses from what I saw on his FB page.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

And the last couple OLD dates I didn't spend a dime on these chicks and no dinner dates. Just starbucks meetings and made them buy their own like the guys on here said to. No more 60 dollar meals.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the last couple OLD dates I didn't spend a dime on these chicks and no dinner dates. Just starbucks meetings and made them buy their own like the guys on here said to. No more 60 dollar meals.
Dont go overboard with this principle.

Paying for a cheap lunch or coffee is ok

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My rule is I invest in a girl just a bit less than she invests in me. That makes things like this easy. If she has done something larger-scale than buying me flowers, I would buy her flowers. However, flowers are not really something I go-to. It’s too old fashioned and considered passé. Is prefer a hand made gift or a thoughtful purchased gift or act of service. Whatever I do, it would be the thought I put into it that the girl would appreciate, not so much the thing itself (though she may enjoy it too).

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Dont go overboard with this principle.

Paying for a cheap lunch or coffee is ok
The last one I drove 60 miles. Remember she was about 25lbs heavier than her 3 year old pics. That hurt because she had an awesome personality, cute and eastern european too. Bangable personality very friendly but the weight thing I couldn't get over. If she were 25lbs lighter I'd been all over her.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I think she was already friends with the guy for awhile now from what I saw on FB. About her age, 40 or so. He wasn't ugly though, but he wasn't built and didn't look like some of the hunks that post here. He had a sort of Beta cuck look to him. Not nerdy just the type that throws money around to impress. Looks like he just retired from the airforce after doing his 20 and is a real estate agent. So he gets his 20 year military pension plus his real estate job money. So basically probably taking advantage of him for his money since she's a teacher in a public school and with the pension plus the houses he sells he must make good money because he sells a lot of houses from what I saw on his FB page.
What you're doing in this post leads nowhere, believe me. First of all, you're watching the whole thing through a soda straw (Facebook). You have no idea how she really feels about him or what he's like. You're basically hamstering over something, AND subsequently comforting yourself by rationalizing that he's this way or that way and ergo she wants this or that instead of you.

Simply put, I don't think it's productive to 1) follow these people's activities and 2) frame your circumstances based on what you're seeing. I recommend not following women you've just begun dating, for starters.

To expand on my take on flowers, like most things it depends on anyone's mindset and personal frame. Are you doing it with a sense of abundance and giving value? Or are you trying to negotiate desire or "be nice" to convince her? (Not you, I mean anyone.)

Once a man is strong in his mindset and true to himself, he can do what he wants since he's not worried about the outcome. I still wouldn't recommend sending flowers that early if asked for advice, just as a rule. But if someone were asking that means he's not in the right frame of abundance and self-value.

As a man, once you've achieved this level, the rules for what seems strong vs. weak (alpha/beta, call it what you like) become largely irrelevant, because you are doing what pleases you, and willing to accept (or even ignore) a multitude of outcomes.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I made my dating comeback as a single guy about 4 years ago after a 9-year LTR ended, I did bring a few sprigs of jasmine or maybe 3 mini roses tied with twine to first dates. After being out of the game for so long, I was just getting my chops back. I did the small sprigs thing for maybe the first 4-5 women I met, all off OLD. Then reality set in. I quickly realized how OLD and social media had changed the dating landscape. Bottom line was even though the women I was dating were mostly 35 and older, they often acted like they were 18 and dating their way through high school. So I stopped the flower thing pretty fast as I felt they (the women) just weren't worth it.

That was 4 years ago. Now, I wouldn't even remotely consider bringing flowers to anyone unless it's a f*ucking funeral. If it's a woman I'm seeing, then maybe a milestone birthday or celebration of some sort, but it would have to be something very out of the ordinary. Flowers are a lost art and I just don't think modern women appreciate them very much.

Honestly, after dating 70-80 women the past 4 years, the vast majority aren't worth more than an hour of my time and price of a drink or two.

I wish it were different. But as Metallica sings, "Sad But True."

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
When I made my dating comeback as a single guy about 4 years ago after a 9-year LTR ended, I did bring a few sprigs of jasmine or maybe 3 mini roses tied with twine to first dates. After being out of the game for so long, I was just getting my chops back. I did the small sprigs thing for maybe the first 4-5 women I met, all off OLD. Then reality set in. I quickly realized how OLD and social media had changed the dating landscape. Bottom line was even though the women I was dating were mostly 35 and older, they often acted like they were 18 and dating their way through high school. So I stopped the flower thing pretty fast as I felt they (the women) just weren't worth it.

That was 4 years ago. Now, I wouldn't even remotely consider bringing flowers to anyone unless it's a f*ucking funeral. If it's a woman I'm seeing, then maybe a milestone birthday or celebration of some sort, but it would have to be something very out of the ordinary. Flowers are a lost art and I just don't think modern women appreciate them very much.

Honestly, after dating 70-80 women the past 4 years, the vast majority aren't worth more than an hour of my time and price of a drink or two.

I wish it were different. But as Metallica sings, "Sad But True."
So you think I'm wasting my time checking old daily and crafting out messages and then go on these dates and they end up like how you describe it.

That's how my old dates go normally.