Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Montana

logicallefty

Reaction score
Anyone here from or familiar with Montana? Are the people decent ? Cost of living reasonable? I may have a job opportunity there and be moving from Illinois. Last time I was in Montana I was 10. Won’t be till summer at the earliest but I may take a trip there soon to check it out.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's gorgeous, I know that. I drove through it at roughly 90 MPH. But it truly is big sky country. If you like the great wide open and (I'm guessing) relative frontier-type freedom it's probably a good option. Definitely prettier than Illinois.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on where you are going.

Billtx49

Reaction score
It’s a lot of land, but not that many people at about 1M for the entire state. Decide if you want that much open space before moving. Some people prefer a closer in daily environment and residents with a city vs rural and country mindset. Fewer people than big city, but usually friendlier as they place a higher value on friendship …

logicallefty

Reaction score

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Be one of the two bigger cities, Billings or Missoula.
Missoula would most likely be best for sexual opportunities as it’s a college town but will have more left leaning politics. That doesn’t bother me much as I don’t care as leftists aren’t significant entities for me to concern myself with.
Just west of Missoula is the smoke jumpers jump school. It is used sometimes by SF jumps, which is how I was there.

Billings is alright but is still a town that most city types would not be pleased with. It’s more a western town type atmosphere. I worked there twice for a few months both times.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Anyone here from or familiar with Montana? Are the people decent ? Cost of living reasonable? I may have a job opportunity there and be moving from Illinois. Last time I was in Montana I was 10. Won’t be till summer at the earliest but I may take a trip there soon to check it out.
Will you change your handle to Montana Max if you make the move to Buffalo Country?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went through Montana on a family trip to Minnesota. I was probably in the 8th grade, at the time.

Both Montana and Wyoming were highlights of the trip. Gorgeous!!!

logicallefty

Reaction score
Montana is basically Texas on the Canadian border. Which part?
If I get the job it would be one of the bigger cities like Billings or Missoula. Phone interview Monday. We shall see.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I take it the job isn't in the oil industry, then?

It's a beautiful state. If you're accustomed to big cities, or suburban sprawl, it'll be an adjustment. More of a fishbowl atmosphere. Might have to be a bit more politic with even the folks you don't like, if you aren't used to that.
The job is with the State. I almost always live in rural areas but work in bigger cities. Used to a lot of corrupt people and nepotism in Illinois. If you aren’t one the good ole boys or a woman who can sleep with one you have to work and fight extra hard for your opportunities.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The job is with the State. I almost always live in rural areas but work in bigger cities. Used to a lot of corrupt people and nepotism in Illinois. If you aren’t one the good ole boys or a woman who can sleep with one you have to work and fight extra hard for your opportunities.
I just got inspired to watch some youtube videos on the most corrupt states in America... the first video is a contest between Alabama, @RangerMIke Louisiana, New Jersey and Illinois but commenters are saying:

-- As a native of Illinois I highly doubt any state can match the level of corruption that my home state has going on. Interestingly enough I also lived in New Orleans for a year and while I was there former mayor Ray Nagin was sentenced for corruption. Still though Illinois has had 4 out of the last 7 Governors spend time or are currently spending time in prison for corruption.
-- "There are no government positions in Illinois that are not filled by a crook. It seems unless you are a sleeze you can't even be considered for any state job ."
-- "I disagree with this guy in the video..... Sure, Alabama has it's share of problems like many states. Most corruption issues have been at the city level, while most problems at the state level have been ethics-related ! That's a BIG difference compared to the levels of entrenched, ongoing corruption at every level in Illinois....Chicago itself has many times more corruption scandals than the entire state of Alabama !!"

Hahaha, these guys are taking some of the most corrupt states in America and saying they're nothing compared to Illinois. You must be pretty hardcore.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Yep it’s pretty bad. I actually worked for the State of IL before but it wasn’t as bad back then. I’ve had to learn to be my own lawyer because every time you turn around somebody is trying to screw you over and lawyers are expensive. I fight my own legal battles now. Much cheaper. I’m getting tired of it and want out though. Hopefully Montana will come through.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yep it’s pretty bad. I actually worked for the State of IL before but it wasn’t as bad back then. I’ve had to learn to be my own lawyer because every time you turn around somebody is trying to screw you over and lawyers are expensive. I fight my own legal battles now. Much cheaper. I’m getting tired of it and want out though. Hopefully Montana will come through.
Well IMO and the legal issues you mentioned between IL and Montana, I would take Montana and not look back…

logicallefty

Reaction score
Well IMO and the legal issues you mentioned between IL and Montana, I would take Montana and not look back…
I make fantastic money here because people with the skills to do anything are all leaving. Even some low level retail jobs are having trouble finding people. It just took me two years to sell my house. Now I am renting and in a position to go anywhere I want. I just have to find the right opportunity. No matter where I go I will probably not find somewhere where I make this much money and have such a low cost of living. I’m south of Chicago and it’s dirt cheap to live here. But money is not everything I really want out as soon as practical. The overall environment is just wearing on me.

Billtx49

Reaction score
But money is not everything I really want out as soon as practical. The overall environment is just wearing on me.
I hear you loud and clear. Whether it’s a bad woman, less than optimal employment, or subprime living environment, we can’t put a price on our own happiness. We only go through this life once, so we might as well make it as personally enjoyable as possible