What secind message to write after she responds?

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women on match and pof have responded back to me saying hi.

When I say 'what have you been up you' none of them respond or reply back.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to write for a second message?

I'm do not have the sense of humour, banter or the suave like some men.

Thanks

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no magic bullet. You can experiment and say the same thing for all women or try a new line on every woman you meet. If a woman likes you you can say almost anything. For OLD it's a complete toss up.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Thanks
You are boring. Say something to stand out. Read their profile. Comment on something in it. Comment on a pic(don't talk about about how sexy they are).
Ask how their weekend/week is.

This is common sense stuff. Boring will get you nowhere. You are the same as 85% of the other dudes. They want fun, exciting, different.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Its low interest. Always remember that a non response is still a response.

If a chick finds me super attractive on OLD I can say "Heyyyyyyy there", "Hiya", "hi", "I just send messages on here to entertain myself when taking a shyte, but how are you doing?"..........

If they find you attractive enough to pursue for a SEXUAL partner they will respond to anything.

If they dont, they wont respond to even the best openers.

Its OLD. The women are searching for someone who will pound them. IDC if their profile says "Looking for marriage". They want the D.

Either they find you attractive enough to strike up a conversation or they dont.

When I did spend some time OLD I would use the shortest of messages. It was typically just a "Heyyyy" or "Hiya".

Those that responded and turned it into a conversation wanted the D. Those that didnt respond probably got the D from someone they found more attractive than they found me.

That is how OLD works. Stop putting so much time and effort into what to say, its all about how you look and which women find you sexually attractive enough to make them wet for you. Nothing more, nothing less.

Betas who are disguised as dating coaches will tell you to send a few lines about what you saw in their profile. To me, that is too much effort. What did this woman do to deserve such an elaborate message about her dress she was wearing in a pic? She didnt. So she doesnt get effort until there is a conversation.

I will go as far as sending a one word message. She can choose to respond or not. I will forget that I even messaged her 15 minutes later if she never responds.

And yes I did fine on OLD when I tinkered with it.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Glassguy nailed it but the only thing I will add is that there are a lot of bots and fake profiles on OLD so you have to know a reasonable percentage of non-replies are because of that. There are also MANY women on there who get matches for validation purposes only, with no intention of going out on a date. For them, the validation of knowing what they COULD get is enough to scratch the itch.

But if it’s a real girl, she’s likely matching with a lot of dudes and she’s simply going to focus on the one or two hottest ones she matches with and ignore the rest (as GG already outlined). This is why looks and pic quality are the most important things for OLD.

Because of all this, unless you are a 9+ or are very secure in yourself and have abundance from other methods, OLD is not a great choice.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks
Sometimes those are scammers. They want to see what you say in return. Lots of fake profiles down here do that. If you have an hb9 doing that out of the blue likely fake unless you're a super chad.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
@Glassguy nailed it but the only thing I will add is that there are a lot of bots and fake profiles on OLD so you have to know a reasonable percentage of non-replies are because of that. There are also MANY women on there who get matches for validation purposes only, with no intention of going out on a date. For them, the validation of knowing what they COULD get is enough to scratch the itch.

But if it’s a real girl, she’s likely matching with a lot of dudes and she’s simply going to focus on the one or two hottest ones she matches with and ignore the rest (as GG already outlined). This is why looks and pic quality are the most important things for OLD.

Because of all this, unless you are a 9+ or are very secure in yourself and have abundance from other methods, OLD is not a great choice.
Or, or if you're really fat and ugly. Lardball seems to do good on old because they too are going after the same low end people. While most men like on here would not target them women. So you have bottom of the barrel going after bottom of the barrel looks wise.

Glassguy

Reaction score

I will add one thing to this (which is great btw).....

When I tinkered with OLD I had a system to avoid wasting any time.

Me: Hiya/Heyyyy there
Her: Hey how are you doing?
Me: I see that you are into back rubs. If that means giving AND receiving, count me in. If not, I have to gracefully bow out. I like to give but I certainly like to receive.
Her: I am totally fine giving and receiving ;)
Me: Perfect. Lets figure out the when's and where's. Shoot me your number and I will text you later.

Thats it. She sends me her number and I text her later or she doesnt. There is really no wasted time or effort.

Successful dating comes down to this: Putting in as little effort as possible and getting the best return possible. Thats it. I found OLD successful (for me) when I followed this system.

Happy hunting

6_Magnet

Don Juan
Reaction score
BECAUSE YOU'RE USING MATCH AND POF. DEAD APPS!!!!! GET BUMBLE AND TINDER

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
BECAUSE YOU'RE USING MATCH AND POF. DEAD APPS!!!!! GET BUMBLE AND TINDER
Bumble literally like no one within 25 miles on there on regular basis. Same with tinder unless land whales and slvts around here.

Another poster pointed out there is some bs going in with tinder. When you first join you get women swiping/liking you a lot and when you first pay for tinder gold and then it just suddenly stops. You can delete your account and reset it but do it too fast and tinder can ban you.

Match seems to have the best results. Even Facebook dating has a decent reply rate if you know how to use it. Seems last couple months quality of women have gone down hill on there.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... I understand not putting in a whole lot of effort. You shouldn’t be staring at the profile for over a minute trying to figure out what the perfect opener is. That’s getting too invested. But giving a little effort is alright and won’t hurt anyone.

Alright, so let’s look at it from another perspective. Say you’re using bumble. The girl messages you first on that app. In my experience, 90% of the time they’re going to say some variant of ‘hey’.That annoyed me. Because if I were them, I would’ve said something more interesting. So that turned me off a bit. It’s lazy And it’s the exact thing they b!tch about in their profiles. ‘Say something interesting other than hey blah blah’. Now obviously that example is a case for me to stop making so much effort. And I have.Now I just skim and if I think of something, usually something that’ll make me laugh or a small detail about them, I’ll mention it. I don’t stare at their profiles for minutes on end though, that’s too much effort.

Now everyone has their own game, clearly the women @Glassguy pulls appreciate a no bs approach. Although I’d argue they still care a little bit because how’d you know she likes back rubs? Anyways, I minimize effort by limiting the number of messages we exchange. Some guys feel like the longer you talk the more likely she is to go out. I think the longer you talk the less mysterious you become and the more likely you are to be another orbiter. So I try to keep it within 5 messages each.

I believe I saw @MrWood say that what the woman cares about is how you make her feel. I agree. Being brief and to the point like Glass excites her. Maybe makes her feel safe because he is an assertive dude. Makes it clear and goes after what he wants. Perhaps even a bit adventurous because it’s so different than what she’s used to on OLD. You gotta figure out how you can achieve those things. I would say her profile is a big help in doing so. She is used to receiving ‘hey’ variants. Maybe talking to her about something separates you. It doesn’t require a lot of energy to have a convo.

Last night I set up a date for tomorrow. Asked her what her first and last tat was. There wasn’t anything in her bio. She answered and said it was a great question. We chatted a bit about her tats and I said let’s get a drink. I wanna know more. So boom, we’re getting drinks. I feel like by asking about something I saw in her pics I got her talking about something she’s excited about. It makes people comfortable if you can talk like a normal human. Bonus if you make them feel good.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done the on-line thing... but here's my experience.

The "hey" intro is typically... not actually typed by them. It's usually done with a mouse-click because it is a "flirt" option tab on their page.
Here's how I've handed their "hey" e-mail:

If I'm in "jerk" mode, I respond back with the following...
"I just read your e-mail, are you sure that you're worth your weight in words?"

On that rare occasion that she's piqued my interest, I'll respond back with ...
"Starting out with "HEY" is okay, I suppose for your dime-a-dozen guy... but I'm not that guy. I like your profile. Perhaps you might be a bit deeper than most? Black Widow Void" (naturally, you wouldn't sign it with "Black Widow Void".., instead, you would use your actual first name).

Last edited:

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Starting out with "HEY" is okay, I suppose for your dime-a-dozen guy... but I'm not that guy. I like your profile. Perhaps you might be a bit deeper than most? Black Widow Void"
They don't immediately unmatch/block you if you burn them like that?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They don't immediately unmatch/block you if you burn them like that?
Honestly, this isn't to brag, but I did fairly well with it. This could be because my response was toward women closer to my age (I'm about fifteen years older than you)

It looks like you are about fifteen years younger than me ... and if you are seeking women younger than yourself, I don't have the experience with women in this age range to verify.

Also... it's normally not perceived as insulting them. Because I say that I "like" their profile and that they might "seem deeper" than most, it makes them feel just slightly special and noticed against their competition. When they respond, they are usually investing energy to 'prove themselves' and that's a good position for us to be in.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly, this isn't to brag, but I did fairly well with it. This could be because my response was toward women closer to my age (I'm about fifteen years older than you)

It looks like you are about fifteen years younger than me ... and if you are seeking women younger than yourself, I don't have the experience with women in this age range to verify.

Also... it's normally not perceived as insulting them. Because I say that I "like" their profile and that they might "seem deeper" than most, it makes them feel just slightly special and noticed against their competition. When they respond, they are usually investing energy to 'prove themselves' and that's a good position for us to be in.
That's the thing. Older women are a lot easier to chat up, even for a guy younger like me under 40. The few hot 30 year olds on old are going to get bombarded by all ages so you have to be a rich guy or just way way above average.

On old hot under 35 are so few I dont even bother with them because way too much effort. They're in very high demand at least around here where there are hardly any pre wall.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Hmm... I understand not putting in a whole lot of effort. You shouldn’t be staring at the profile for over a minute trying to figure out what the perfect opener is. That’s getting too invested. But giving a little effort is alright and won’t hurt anyone.

Alright, so let’s look at it from another perspective. Say you’re using bumble. The girl messages you first on that app. In my experience, 90% of the time they’re going to say some variant of ‘hey’.That annoyed me. Because if I were them, I would’ve said something more interesting. So that turned me off a bit. It’s lazy And it’s the exact thing they b!tch about in their profiles. ‘Say something interesting other than hey blah blah’. Now obviously that example is a case for me to stop making so much effort. And I have.Now I just skim and if I think of something, usually something that’ll make me laugh or a small detail about them, I’ll mention it. I don’t stare at their profiles for minutes on end though, that’s too much effort.

Now everyone has their own game, clearly the women @Glassguy pulls appreciate a no bs approach. Although I’d argue they still care a little bit because how’d you know she likes back rubs? Anyways, I minimize effort by limiting the number of messages we exchange. Some guys feel like the longer you talk the more likely she is to go out. I think the longer you talk the less mysterious you become and the more likely you are to be another orbiter. So I try to keep it within 5 messages each.

I believe I saw @MrWood say that what the woman cares about is how you make her feel. I agree. Being brief and to the point like Glass excites her. Maybe makes her feel safe because he is an assertive dude. Makes it clear and goes after what he wants. Perhaps even a bit adventurous because it’s so different than what she’s used to on OLD. You gotta figure out how you can achieve those things. I would say her profile is a big help in doing so. She is used to receiving ‘hey’ variants. Maybe talking to her about something separates you. It doesn’t require a lot of energy to have a convo.

Last night I set up a date for tomorrow. Asked her what her first and last tat was. There wasn’t anything in her bio. She answered and said it was a great question. We chatted a bit about her tats and I said let’s get a drink. I wanna know more. So boom, we’re getting drinks. I feel like by asking about something I saw in her pics I got her talking about something she’s excited about. It makes people comfortable if you can talk like a normal human. Bonus if you make them feel good.
My example was an actual message exchange.

I never looked at their bio with OLD. I would set the parameters for non smoker, body type and distance. If they were attractively fvckable I would send the one word opener. If they responded back, I would then look at their profile and if was appealing I would send a specific message but still a shortish one. This particular chick was "looking for something serious " but also had listed in her profile that she loved getting back rubs and massages. So that's what I threw back at her and she responded positively right away.

6_Magnet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumble literally like no one within 25 miles on there on regular basis. Same with tinder unless land whales and slvts around here.

Another poster pointed out there is some bs going in with tinder. When you first join you get women swiping/liking you a lot and when you first pay for tinder gold and then it just suddenly stops. You can delete your account and reset it but do it too fast and tinder can ban you.

Match seems to have the best results. Even Facebook dating has a decent reply rate if you know how to use it. Seems last couple months quality of women have gone down hill on there.
Tinder is pay to win. If you don't have $200 per month for getting laid then you gotta work more man. It's literally easy mode. If your city has a low population it's time to move to a place with at least 150,000 people