"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Do you wear lift shoes when you go out?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,949
I'm 5'10.5" (and maybe even 5'11" when I first wake up in the morning) which qualifies me as a manlet cause I'm sub 6'.....
I'm 5'10", so you're taller than I am, and I've never felt any need to wear lifts. 5'10" is average height, from what I've heard.
But if you think it gives you some sort of advantage or extra confidence, have at it.
I wouldn't mind being taller but I like to feel stable on my feet, seems like wearing lifts would be a little wobbly.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
im 5'8 and never felt the need... lol wtf
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I dont judge those who do, something that its no big deal to me can be to others and the other way around.

Personally I dont wear or put anything that makes me look better physically than what I genuinely am, so no heels, no toppic poweder for hair density and so on.

I guess in my mid 30s I no longer crave validation since I got enough the way I am or maybe Im just too lazy to put that stuff and deal with it.

Im 5'11 so yeah not a tall guy but not short either, probably the fact that I train MMA and often deal with taller guys allows me to feel less under "threat" near them and women notice that Im comfortable.

The only uncomfortable stuff I use are elegant clothes which are not as comfortable as jeans and tshirt but I can tell the difference when I wear them in terms of how I feel myself and how others view me.
 

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
Gents, surely I cant be the only guy that does this...???...

I'm 5'10.5" (and maybe even 5'11" when I first wake up in the morning) which qualifies me as a manlet cause I'm sub 6'.....

Let's say I head out to an upscale bar, restaurant or social event, I'll slip on a pair of shoes that elevate me 2" so I can hit 6'...

The difference in the way people treat me is like night and day.

Enhanced footwear is almost becoming a necessity for me because all the women L.A. wear heels...

I was out on a date a few weeks ago with a gal that's 5'7" ~ 5'8" but she wore 6" heels which pushed her up to a towering 6'2".....

Guys, do you sport enhanced footwear on dates....????....
Yo do you really see a difference or is some of it just mental?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
until she wakes up in the morning and realizes you are 2in shorter when she goes to hug you from behind while you are brushing your teeth

the amount of insecurity in this thread... hurts to read.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
I'm half an inch taller than you (5'11.5" morning height) and have never used lifts. However, I'll often throw on boots particularly if the girl is over 5'7".

How's the comfort of lifts?
I am 5'8 and I have 2 pairs of "lift shoes". They are not "dressy" but also not casual. Sort of a boot looking dress shoe if you will and they go perfectly when worn with nice jeans from Buckle or AE and a button up untucked shirt.. Sometimes I wear them, sometimes I dont. If a chick is 5'6 or 5'7 I will wear them as they put me up around 5'10 or so.

They are actually comfortable. When I first bought them it felt a little weird because your on the balls of your feet more so than walking in normal shoes but its easy to get used to them.

As for the question about how a woman feels about you being a little shorter the next morning-

I could care less because they rarely see me the next morning as I am not into spending the night with chicks. I will say that plenty of time those shoes have came off around them after the date and I have yet to see any chick notice or say anything if they did notice.

Regardless of your height, if you want to wear them, wear them. Do what YOU want.
 

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2013
Messages
724
Reaction score
695
im 6' even so heights never been an issue. but i do know a guy who height consttnly changes because he wheres heels in his shoe, i mean maybe its good in the buisness world for dealing with clients and such, but going out like that screams insecurity. Ive been the shortest guy in the group and the tallest, so i cant identify with that height insecurity.

Personally I think a man should be anywhere from 5'9 to 6'2 for everyday life. at those heights you eye level with people. any shorter and you eye level with most women (not bad if you got game) but some will tower over you and any taller you have to look down at most people.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
129
Reaction score
113
Age
46
One of my buddies is 5'5, 5'8 at the VERY MOST. he's a producer now, but before that even he had ****y jobs, the guy constantly got action. I saw this guy as my barback pull tens no problem. Its not all in the height.
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
One of my buddies is 5'5, 5'8 at the VERY MOST. he's a producer now, but before that even he had ****y jobs, the guy constantly got action. I saw this guy as my barback pull tens no problem. Its not all in the height.
I had a Puerto Rican guy at my grocery store who has two blackbelts, does MMA style competitions and was only about 5-3 at the max but was in very good shape for his size and he seemed to be getting pretty good quality tail, especially when he lived in Miami. Despite being very short still got tail and he was in his 40s too so his age was even showing a bit.

I did Martial Arts when I was in middle and high school and was up to almost brown belt. I wish I stayed in it but the studio closed and never found another one. I was overweight when I first started it too but it really slimmed me down and got me into shape.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
Gents, surely I cant be the only guy that does this...???...

I'm 5'10.5" (and maybe even 5'11" when I first wake up in the morning) which qualifies me as a manlet cause I'm sub 6'.....

Let's say I head out to an upscale bar, restaurant or social event, I'll slip on a pair of shoes that elevate me 2" so I can hit 6'...

The difference in the way people treat me is like night and day.

Enhanced footwear is almost becoming a necessity for me because all the women L.A. wear heels...

I was out on a date a few weeks ago with a gal that's 5'7" ~ 5'8" but she wore 6" heels which pushed her up to a towering 6'2".....

Guys, do you sport enhanced footwear on dates....????....
No. You can't change your height. You can only deceive people into thinking you are taller. The shoes have to come off some time and when they do it will be obvious and lame in their eyes that you are trying too hard to overcompensate.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
If a person has to go through that type of pain on their body to gain a couple of inches in height, they have serious securities and mental health disorders. It wont stop there as they will be insecure about something else concerning themselves.

Work to improve yourself. Own who you are and be confident in yourself. Constantly chase the best possible version of you through hard work.

I never understood this stomach surgery for people to lose weight. Is it that hard to not eat like a total slob and do a decent amount of exercise?

There seems to be a way out for everything if a person is truly that lazy.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,949

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
I'm 6'3" so never had to but I can understand guys that do as I've actually been told I was too short before by a 6' gal. Couldn't believe it but it did give me some insight into what some of you deal with on a daily basis.
 

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
I'm 6'3" so never had to but I can understand guys that do as I've actually been told I was too short before by a 6' gal. Couldn't believe it but it did give me some insight into what some of you deal with on a daily basis.
Is she looking for someone the size of Zdeno Chara? Like the other poster said once you reach a certain height it's too tall. I mean someone like 6-6 just looks plain goofy unless they're very very muscular. Women who are 6 ft tall to me is just too tall and manly for a woman. 5-7 is about right.
 

candyman105

Banned
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
57
Age
37
I stuff a subway foot long in my pants to hide my 16 inch ding dong.
 

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
Is she looking for someone the size of Zdeno Chara? Like the other poster said once you reach a certain height it's too tall. I mean someone like 6-6 just looks plain goofy unless they're very very muscular. Women who are 6 ft tall to me is just too tall and manly for a woman. 5-7 is about right.
She said they had to be a minimum of 6'5" and built, as she didn't want a skinny guy. She's gonna be waiting a long time for someone like that to come along.
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
I wear dr schols inserts which give me 3/4 inch (I’m 5’10) but really use them for foot comfort. If wearing lifts makes you feel more confident, then don’t let anyone stop you. Just don’t get clown shoes.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top