She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Both your examples tell me it's the women who are in full control and at low interest levels tooChick 1- LTR/was engaged 3 yrs ago. She has a habit of reaching out occasionally, about every 3-4 months with texts that are meaningless. My responses to her texting was extremely delayed and very short. I made no mention of "how have you been", "are you single".....NOTHING. This went on for 2 days. My average response time to her texts were about 3-4 hours. Her response time was less than 5 minutes. She ended up telling me that we should have a drink and catch up and I told her that I was super busy right now and declined.
Chick 2- She messaged me for a bit on FB. Invited her to join me for a drink and she said she was busy and didnt counter offer. I told her to reach out if she wanted to grab a drink later on. After about a week she reached back with small talk. Again, l kept everything off center as far as meeting up and my responses were delayed. Within a few messages she asked me if I could get that drink on Friday. I told her I might be busy Friday but I would let her know later. She then proceeded to send me a laundry list of free evenings for me to choose from. I still havent committed to anything and she has been blowing my phone up. I ended up telling her that although I had plans Friday evening, I would be home around 11pm if she wanted to COME OVER for that drink. She instantly agreed.
In my experience most women with high interest have this fear/anxiety of contacting you. Like they have that fear of God in them. And to them you are God. These OP's women seem to be toying with him. They are not afraid of offending him.umm... he asked, she negged, he went on his way, she got frustrated, she asked, he wins
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
I'm glad this (bolded part) gets talked about since it's common advice from many dating coaches out there, especially when the ex "reaches back out". It always felt awkward hearing it since it's rewarding her bad behavior, i agree with Glass. It feels like being the good puppy who has no other options and just waited for the opportunity to strike.Different dating coaches have different philosophies on how to handle women when they "reach back out". I have had a few recently reach back out which brought me to trying something that is unorthodox in how I handled it. Let me first say that if you listen to Corey Wayne, he will tell you to get right to the point and set up a date very quickly when a woman reaches back out. However, I dont exactly see how that makes HER chase YOU. And I totally believe in remaining as much of a mystery as one can....only giving a woman crumbs of information about yourself at a time.
So the gist of how I handled these 2 women in the past month that "reached back out". I did not go for a date/hangout right away. Actually I didnt go for it at ALL. I just played it cool and chatted. Now note that I lost a plate recently and I am down to 3 in my rotation, but I STILL have 3 and I am certainly not going without fun dates and sex. So I still have an abundance mindset. Let me show you:
Chick 1- LTR/was engaged 3 yrs ago. She has a habit of reaching out occasionally, about every 3-4 months with texts that are meaningless. My responses to her texting was extremely delayed and very short. I made no mention of "how have you been", "are you single".....NOTHING. This went on for 2 days. My average response time to her texts were about 3-4 hours. Her response time was less than 5 minutes. She ended up telling me that we should have a drink and catch up and I told her that I was super busy right now and declined.
Chick 2- She messaged me for a bit on FB. Invited her to join me for a drink and she said she was busy and didnt counter offer. I told her to reach out if she wanted to grab a drink later on. After about a week she reached back with small talk. Again, l kept everything off center as far as meeting up and my responses were delayed. Within a few messages she asked me if I could get that drink on Friday. I told her I might be busy Friday but I would let her know later. She then proceeded to send me a laundry list of free evenings for me to choose from. I still havent committed to anything and she has been blowing my phone up. I ended up telling her that although I had plans Friday evening, I would be home around 11pm if she wanted to COME OVER for that drink. She instantly agreed.
Here is the thing and this is how my mind works:
If a woman reaches back out......and we as men say "Great to hear from you. Lets get together on Thursday for a drink to catch up".....how is that mysterious? She knows right then and there that she still can get you out at her snapping her fingers.
However, if you make NO MENTION about it and just play it a though you have put her in YOUR friend zone, her hamster will start spinning into overdrive and SHE will make an offer very clear to hang out.
Now how you handle that offer is totally up to you, but I certainly like to slow play it. And I will slow play it to get what I want which is for her to come to MY PLACE for a drink and catch up that way.