Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Over age 50. Get tested for levels

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had been feeling like crap for years. I’m almost 53. Horribly low energy, low sex drive, low motivation, inability to lose weight, etc. all the classic symptoms

tried to Testosterone gel two years ago under a doctors authority but it did no good.

two months ago I got with a new doctor and tested again. Extremely low testosterone, low on vitamin D and low on vitamin B. This time I’m doing injections and there is a little pill I take to combat estrogen.
So far my sex drive has come up my tire, my motivation is getting there, my workouts are really really better. All in all this was in the great thing to do for myself and not really that expensive at $200 a month. I highly recommend it

DonJoel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good, but cycle it. You dont want your body to get used to not making T itself. Through the right diet and exercise you can build your natural T capacity.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good, but cycle it. You dont want your body to get used to not making T itself. Through the right diet and exercise you can build your natural T capacity.
His body wasnt making T already itself, hormone replacing therapy is a one way ticket.

Personally Im not gonna wait my 50s, I'll start checking my 40s already...Im not gonna live a second class life.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His body wasnt making T already itself, hormone replacing therapy is a one way ticket.

Personally Im not gonna wait my 50s, I'll start checking my 40s already...Im not gonna live a second class life.
Keep in mind when they test, they will compare your T value to the value of all men, not just men in your age and health group... so when you get your result, make sure to compare it to the average of healthy men in say the 18-30 range and not just the range they give you. I got tested a couple of weeks or so ago.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at 194. That’s very low. Now much higher. Finally loosing weight. More energy. More motivation. More sex drive.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind when they test, they will compare your T value to the value of all men, not just men in your age and health group... so when you get your result, make sure to compare it to the average of healthy men in say the 18-30 range and not just the range they give you. I got tested a couple of weeks or so ago.
Yeah, I know that trick in order to keep you "happy" by saying that you are "average" and the problems is psychological.

Basically if you are a broken old fvck they will be happy to let you try any possible cure (existing or sperimental) but if you happen to be a productive man that needs to operate at a decent standard they will either try to bullsh1t you or tell you that its not worth to attempt particular things.

Funny thing is that women can easily buy or get prescriptions for estrogens while men (those who need it) have to become some kind of drug lord in order to obtain it.

Btw how was your result?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that trick in order to keep you "happy" by saying that you are "average" and the problems is psychological.

Basically if you are a broken old fvck they will be happy to let you try any possible cure (existing or sperimental) but if you happen to be a productive man that needs to operate at a decent standard they will either try to bullsh1t you or tell you that its not worth to attempt particular things.

Funny thing is that women can easily buy or get prescriptions for estrogens while men (those who need it) have to become some kind of drug lord in order to obtain it.

Btw how was your result?
I got 20 nmol/l or 576 ng/dl. According to this study, that puts me just a little above the average for healthy non-obese men aged 19-39 which is 18,4 nmol/l or 531 ng/dl today. But you have to take into account how T levels are dropping in men. Compared to a pair of studies from 1996, I have the testosterone level of either a 55-64 or 45 year old man depending on the study, and the average today is what 65-74 year old men had in 1996. And I haven't even looked at studies from further back, dunno what those would show.

Of course, it would still be impossible for me to get hormone replacement anyway even if I would like it, because as you said the fact that you want to be a healthy man is just "psychological issues". It would probably be easier to become a transvestite. I don't care about any muscle mass boost as I already respond well to the gym, I just want to stop having chronic issues with mental and physical fatigue.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got 20 nmol/l or 576 ng/dl. According to this study, that puts me just a little above the average for healthy non-obese men aged 19-39 which is 18,4 nmol/l or 531 ng/dl today. But you have to take into account how T levels are dropping in men. Compared to a pair of studies from 1996, I have the testosterone level of either a 55-64 or 45 year old man depending on the study, and the average today is what 65-74 year old men had in 1996. And I haven't even looked at studies from further back, dunno what those would show.

Of course, it would still be impossible for me to get hormone replacement anyway even if I would like it, because as you said the fact that you want to be a healthy man is just "psychological issues". It would probably be easier to become a transvestite. I don't care about any muscle mass boost as I already respond well to the gym, I just want to stop having chronic issues with mental and physical fatigue.
Totally true, those benchmark they use are all wrong just like when pollution increase they simply raise the maximum level allowed rather than fix the problem.

So your problem is related to overall fatigue?

How is your libido and sport performances? also aggressivity?

In my case everything works perfectly except for libido which is way below the one of all my friends, its not uncommon for me to pass on lays cause its too late or it needs me to drive and so on.

BURT MCQUEEN

Don Juan
Reaction score

He was fat, that was the real problem. In fat are located the estrogen receptors, in an few words, the fatter you are the more estrogen you have , the less testosterone you have. If the guy trained naturally in his early years he wouldn't need TRT today, he didn't took his ass in the gym that's the truth.

P.s. I train naturally in the gym, made gains and making gains, so taking steroids for training that you should do naturally is bull sh!t.
You get steroids when you wanna become a freak or got serious disease.

I know people that trained all life, they're over 50 and they're muscular (10%, 12% body fat), and they understand sh!et of steroids, they can't tell you the difference between dianabol, testosterone or hgh,

Do you eat soy food? Even sporadically?

Did you test your "free testosterone" the blood test you did ?

Last edited:

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Don't give advice in areas you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally true, those benchmark they use are all wrong just like when pollution increase they simply raise the maximum level allowed rather than fix the problem.

So your problem is related to overall fatigue?

How is your libido and sport performances? also aggressivity?

In my case everything works perfectly except for libido which is way below the one of all my friends, its not uncommon for me to pass on lays cause its too late or it needs me to drive and so on.
I would guess that my libido itself is fine, but I am not willing to put up with anything like hoops or unpleasant personality in order to try to have sex. I've never been an aggressive guy, but I used to do mma. I quit last year though.

Maybe I am not afflicted by low T as I don't really have classical symptoms beyond fatigue, I hope I'm not, but when you compare today's values to historical values... who knows.

I think your low libido is a gift in practice. It means you don't need to go through all the shyt anymore just to satisfy an urge, think of how much energy the average man wastes on women. Many times after I cvm I think to myself "I must be crazy", because of the shift in perspective between hormone states. For a very short while after you cvm you still think of them, but not with compulsion and blinders on. I like to think if you still want to be with a woman after you have cvmmed, it's your body saying it doesn't mind her.

Last edited:

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Total T levels don't matter nearly as much as free T levels. You could have total T in excess of 700+ ng/dl and free T at .3 pg/nl and feel like crap because your total T is not being utilized, converting to estradiol or DHT, or binding to SHBG.

The most efficient way to increase your free T levels (out of your total T) is to exercise anaerobically. Such forces the body to utilize a greater portion of total T and less SHBG binding and conversions to other hormones.

The body is an amazing organism. Its physiology can (in many cases) convert to practically any type in accordance with its demand.

Going further, science is still catching up to truth. I don't believe total T levels is the focus because your free T levels can range from 0.3 to 2 pg/mL and that could happen to either diametric irregardless of whether your total T is at 300 ng/dl or 900 ng/dl. The reason why HRT patients who don't work out may feel a surge of energy or emotion is not only because of higher total T (and likely slightly higher free T levels), but the aromatization of the non-utilized total T to estradiol and other hormones as post-cursors.

So in a nutshell, what does this all mean? Whatever your total T level is is not nearly important as total free T levels which can be maximized through anaerobic exercise.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guru, great post! I was 680 total t at 38 years old but an shbg of 67... nearly zero free t for the receptors.

160mg a week for the last 25 weeks and my total t is now at 1200 on my trough days. I am stronger and leaner than I’ve ever been and it has completely changed my life! Get bloods every 3 months and everything is perfect