Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Opportunity at work

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I currently have a great job with a great pay, but there’s an opportunity which would make me gain about 6k extra per year after tax (and probably more due to reasons explained below).

This opportunity involves a training of about a year, but then I would work in a place where the current atmosphere is horrible. I would probably work about 1,5 times of the time I work now because of a lack of people. Due to this you do get extra bonuses if you come into work if someone is sick (and there are a lot of sick (read fed up/tired) people).

But as I said, it’s a horrible atmosphere due to these reasons, everyone is very negative but still like their job (very specialized). My current workplace is amazing, great team and great hours. But lets say that in 25 years I would have gotten at least 150k less. I do think the atmosphere will imrpove as the staffing gets back on point, but apparently it can take over 5-10 years.

Any advice?

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
I currently have a great job with a great pay, but there’s an opportunity which would make me gain about 6k extra per year after tax (and probably more due to reasons explained below).
Can more be elaborated? It's hard for me to give a suggestion as I need more context.

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can more be elaborated? It's hard for me to give a suggestion as I need more context.
- bonus for coming in when someone is sick (50 euro per shift)
- working extra hours (currently happens a lot, accounts for an average of 2,5k every 3 months but will diminish as more people are employed), no need to say that free time is basically non existant
- bonus for being on standby (50 euro), happens about 3 times a month

At my current place there is some advancement possible, but a rough guess would be that I'd earn in the end 150k less. This is a very rough estimate, as it's very unknown. Things are changing in the company so it's possible that in a few years it will be much less.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- bonus for coming in when someone is sick (50 euro per shift)
- working extra hours (currently happens a lot, accounts for an average of 2,5k every 3 months but will diminish as more people are employed), no need to say that free time is basically non existant
- bonus for being on standby (50 euro), happens about 3 times a month

At my current place there is some advancement possible, but a rough guess would be that I'd earn in the end 150k less. This is a very rough estimate, as it's very unknown. Things are changing in the company so it's possible that in a few years it will be much less.
How do you know pay won't change for the worse at the horrible location?

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Still not 100% sure. On one side think I want to stay where I currently am. I get more free time which I can use effectively and translate in a monetary equivalent which surpasses the money ‘lost’ on not taking the opportunity.

On the other side due to the uncertainty of the company, it’s possible I get harsher working conditions at my current place in a couple of years.

And yeah indecision is a horrible quality, but it’s such a tough decision. There are literally 5% of the employees against any progress and just because they’re unionized they get what they want (resisting carreer opportunity at my current workplace because they feel obliged to get it even though they work somewhere else). I’m not against unions at all, but I do believe it’s getting out of hand.
How do you know pay won't change for the worse at the horrible location?
Because of all civilized countries, my country pays perhaps the fourth worst for the speciality of our work. They’re losing a lot of people because of this. The reason most people don’t leave (including me) is the risk involved. It’s not that if you go to another country, that you can start working there. There is still a trial and if you fail, you’re ****ed, even your first country won’t take you back.

Look I can tell what my work is, it’s nothing truly special, but if I tell and a coworker would read this, they’d immediately know who I am...

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Still not 100% sure. On one side think I want to stay where I currently am. I get more free time which I can use effectively and translate in a monetary equivalent which surpasses the money ‘lost’ on not taking the opportunity.

On the other side due to the uncertainty of the company, it’s possible I get harsher working conditions at my current place in a couple of years.

And yeah indecision is a horrible quality, but it’s such a tough decision. There are literally 5% of the employees against any progress and just because they’re unionized they get what they want. I’m not against unions at all, but I do believe it’s getting out of hand.

Because of all civilized countries, my country pays perhaps the fourth worst for the speciality of our work. They’re losing a lot of people because of this. The reason most people don’t leave (including me) is the risk involved. It’s not that if you go to another country, that you can start working there. There is still a trial and if you fail, you’re ****ed, even your first country won’t take you back.

Look I can tell what my work is, it’s nothing truly special, but if I tell and a coworker would read this, they’d immediately know who I am...
Tough one. Up to you to decide if its worth.