Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

meetup angle pros/cons and tips

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're single in a town like mine and over 40, the pickin's get a bit slimmer. Like plenty of you, I've searched OLD and see lots of girls that have been on there for years and if not bad enough, they never seem to bother updating their photo. The meetup option seems to be an option somewhere in the middle.

Pros:
---In cases when their meetup profile is public, you can better gauge a few things about them (interests, values etc...)
---You can also join one of their groups. If you attend, you can also have a shot at other female attendees as well.
---This sort of setting allows you to meet someone that otherwise may not occur.
---This also provides a setting where there's no pressure. Also there's a higher portion that do not live on OLD (I always cross reference).

Cons:
---Always, always, always... there's a higher percentage chance that they'll change their RSVP or not show up.
---Always be sure that there are other options that are also attending the same meetup (in case the main one is a no-show).
---Profile photos are half the time, not as current (under the tip section, I'll offer a suggestion).
---You may be in competition with other men with the same objective.

Tips:
---Lots of meetup groups will post after-event photos. It's a good way to see a "shoulders and below" photo and also a shot that is more candid.
---A member may not have updated their photo on one group, but have done so on another. Be sure to check out their photo's on their other groups.
---Because you might be in competition with other gent's, check out their other groups too. This way you know more about your potential competition.
---If their profile is set to "private" you can google their account number (at the end of their web address) and ad the word "meetup," Then google the two. Any public groups they belong to will show up.

Afterward, dropping an e-mail and saying that you enjoyed meeting them and *then* suggesting that you two should meet at your "favorite coffee shop" seems to work. It appears less threatening to them. They've already met you in a social type setting.

Personally speaking: So far, there's been five that I've e-mailed. One I never met at a meetup and four that I have.
The one I never met looked older, but it was only coffee and an hour, so no biggie.
There was one that didn't seem into me (it happens to us all).
There were two that didn't do it for me (one seemed interested and the other, I couldn't tell).
The fifth is tomorrow and is yet to be determined.

Another plus (at least for me, so far) . Not only did none flake out, but they all showed up on time.

If any of you can offer more tips, pros or con's (other than the predictable "women come to me and I don't need this" ) add your two cents.

AbleDad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you suggest a date at the meet-up? Sending an e-mail later is passive. It takes me 2 seconds to lock eyes with a lady and let her know that I'm curious about her. Light chit-chat while in a group, find an excuse to separate her for a bit, then ask her so that there isn't a bunch of social pressure on her with other people listening-in. It's elementary. You should be able to do this.

As for OLD, just say no. Stop feeding the validation beast that we've created.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sending an e-mail later is passive.
Yes and no, AbleDad

On the surface, I can see how this may appear as "passive." Even if that's your theory, my goal isn't your approval, but instead the end result; which involves a woman. And so far, it's paying off. As they say "If it ain't broke don't fix it." My mileage may vary in time, but so far, I've received 100% contact response, 100% acceptance to meeting and 100% punctuality (that last one blows my mind). I do not claim to be a female magnet. My theory to why this is, so far working, is listed in my initial posting.

Instead of offering something constructive, I'm thinking that you posted a followup as more a means to prove your manhood to other sosuave members. Any takers, yet?

In my initial posting, I mentioned that I hoped we could avoid the unnecessary posturing. If any of you are unclear on what I meant... , AbleDad provided three below examples.

It takes me 2 seconds to lock eyes with a lady and let her know that I'm curious about her.
It's elementary. You should be able to do this.
As for OLD, just say no. Stop feeding the validation beast that we've created.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For older guys, meetup is great. You just show up at the event, if you like someone, then get their number.

Music event meetups are good. The big plus is that you can dance with a woman to get some feel for chemistry and see how into you she is.

-Augustus-

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fifth is tomorrow and is yet to be determined.

Another plus (at least for me, so far) . Not only did none flake out, but they all showed up on time.

If any of you can offer more tips, pros or con's (other than the predictable "women come to me and I don't need this" ) add your two cents.
When it comes to pulling, its all about location, logistics, and game. Location is huge. I recommend a new change in location if possible. Pick a college town. At 40, if you got it going on, you can clean up. Its more or less on you to have game, lifestyle, and competency with women.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to pulling, its all about location, logistics, and game. Location is huge. I recommend a new change in location if possible. Pick a college town. At 40, if you got it going on, you can clean up. Its more or less on you to have game, lifestyle, and competency with women.
I don't deny that college aged girls are legal and are more likely to have good form, However, the idea of bedding a girl that resembles a kid - rather than an adult, has no appeal to some over 40's men.

Some of you may differ and yes, some of you may wish to follow up with a posting about your (so-called) 'conquest' but it's not necessary.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't deny that college aged girls are legal and are more likely to have good form, However, the idea of bedding a girl that resembles a kid - rather than an adult, has no appeal to some over 40's men.

Some of you may differ and yes, some of you may wish to follow up with a posting about your (so-called) 'conquest' but it's not necessary.
The other day, i saw a dude in a lambo with a girl who looked like she hit 18 at midnight. Dude was pushing 50. Likely a sugar baby.

Not mad. Playboys doing his thing. Its evolution. Likely, a better solution than cuck fest that is marriage.

Personally, i am putting in work but if 50 or 60, whatever it takes. Lololol @ guys pulling old ladies.