"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

The smiley face on a receipt????

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
139
Reaction score
124
Age
55
I have noticed this and I have gotten this from women. It will be days after I notice but is this supposed to be some sort of yeah she likes the cut of my jib? I was just going through my receipts as I drive Uber and Lyft so I was looking for my gas receipts and I was at the supermarket on Friday and bought some rice cakes and some peanut butter and in the upper left is a smiley face by the cashier who was a woman who served me on Friday. I have gotten this before elsewhere as well?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,955
I was going to say that this is a technique to get good tips, but cashiers don't get tips.

Nonetheless, younger people especially tend to be more idealistic when it comes to their jobs, so they want to serve their customers well. Part of this is being happy to serve you, so they put the happy face on there. I get the happy face a lot myself. And when I go out with my girlfriend we also get the happy face. So I don't think it's a code for "Hey, I want to bang you". It's just trying to be a friendly server/cashier/worker/whatever. IMO.
 

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
139
Reaction score
124
Age
55
Do you want to endlessly analyze over and over signs until you make whatever you want out of them? Visit them, find out.
This isn't analyzing did you miss the part where I said this had happened before so I had a bunch of these things which I didn't know I had them. The truth is I don't really care but I had a bunch of receipts with smiles and I was like WTF?!?! I'm not guessing. I'm not getting excited over it. I asked a question if this is a new thing with women? That's all. That's me in the avatar to the left. I get women at 48. Never married and no kids and I even look better than that old picture. It was just a question and if it has happened to other guys as well. It's like you can't even ask a question with someone making assumptions which are wrong. Wow! I thought this site was supposed to share ideas and opinions and things that happen when socializing with women. If I could take down the post to where I don't usually post things now I would. I usually respond to post so I thought I'd share something which I found weird and then I'm accused of analyzing them. I just noticed I had a bunch of these things and asked a question but I digress now. Forget the question now.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,955
No need to get so defensive, it was a legitimate question. Juan's point was simply that if you want to know if the girl is attracted to you, go ask her out.

I don't know why girls do things like this. I think it's along the lines of dotting their i's with hearts. Probably a bid for attention on some level.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Could be plenty of reasons why a girl does that, maybe she's in a happy mode and wanted to make a smiley or whatever.

It doesn't matter.

If a cashier however takes the initiative to engage in some small talk, I would take that as almost flirting with a customer, then it's a good time to drop off ur business card, give her a wink and a smile, then walk away.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
I have noticed this and I have gotten this from women. It will be days after I notice but is this supposed to be some sort of yeah she likes the cut of my jib? I was just going through my receipts as I drive Uber and Lyft so I was looking for my gas receipts and I was at the supermarket on Friday and bought some rice cakes and some peanut butter and in the upper left is a smiley face by the cashier who was a woman who served me on Friday. I have gotten this before elsewhere as well?
The day after? You lack awareness kuz. Step your game up.

My receipt has numbers, IG, fb, Snapchat.

Not doing it right. Bring the fire. Break rapport. Seed the pull. Embed substance. Show her your world. Smash or next. Repeat


I lead. She follows or next.

Set the pace. You go first. You're the man. Act like it.
 
Top