Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Purchasing high status car to help attract women?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its well established that a big thing that women still go for is higher status, successful men with money and resources.

Therefore, would it make sense to purchase the highest status car you comfortably can afford in order to help pull in women?

Also, I realize its not a good idea to lead with the wallet and have heard the saying about beta bucks. And assume that this conspicuous car spending would not be done at the exclusion of cultivating, maintaining a strong masculine mindset, improving yourself, socializing, etc.

Curious on your thoughts on this..

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its well established that a big thing that women still go for is higher status, successful men with money and resources.
It will help with getting women to take notice of you. It will NOT help with keeping a woman. If you don't have an attractive personality to go with your attractive car, a woman will just use you to one-up all her friends. Once that novelty wears off, she'll go back to begging her ex-BF to get back with her.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed Desdinova.

Also, wonder if it would create some incongruence.

I'm a pretty frugal guy and save money where I can. I wonder if a woman would have an expectation that I would spend lavishly on her, given a nice place and car.

A

AJ84

Agreed Desdinova.

Also, wonder if it would create some incongruence.

I'm a pretty frugal guy and save money where I can. I wonder if a woman would have an expectation that I would spend lavishly on her, given a nice place and car.
If you dangle the appearance of wealth to attract women then it’s a reasonable assumption on her end that you will be spending money on her. You are basically advertising that you have wealth to lavish on women, I meant that’s the sole reason why men promote their wealth to women to begin with. Baiting with wealth then backtracking and trying to be frugal and switch to frame or whatever to keep a woman around won’t work if her attraction to you was based on a false you.

It’s like a someone inviting you over to their house for dinner and handing you an empty plate. If you don’t plan to feed them, don’t invite them for dinner, you are likely just getting people who want the free meal anyway, not because they want to see you, if you know what I mean.

Let some other dudes resort to paying for ‘affection’.

Aim for the real thing :).

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better off saving your money and investing the next year going out and working on your social skills.

Every weekend there’s guys in my city who rent Lambos or whatever and park outside the clubs. Number of times I’ve seen them every TALKING to girls? 0. All the girls are in the clubs. In the clubs, they don’t see what car you drive. And by the time you get them back to your car, the don’t CARE what car you drive.

Girls don’t mastvrbate to car magazines. They don’t hang out in parking lots. The rumble of exhaust doesn’t get them going lol.

I’ve driven some absolute beaters. I used to pull girls by saying telling them they HAD to see my car and going on about how awesome it was and then taken them to these pieces of junk. Never had any of them NOT get in by the time they walked back.

If anything, spend that money on an apartment that’s central to the nightlife in a decent city.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post AJ84.

But, I also think you take advantage of every good quality that you have.

My looks are probably a 7 to most women. I am not going to outcompete 8's and 9's for other men in the looks department.

However, I will out compete the majority of men in terms of financial security, career success, whatever. I think I should use that to my full advantage, no?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Fastlife.

Agree with the importance of socialization and living in a good spot in the city for great logistics. That might trump financial success.

Perhaps wealth is something you don't flaunt at all. Let the woman just discover it on her own. And a lot of people that have built wealth, high net worth, were because they were frugal in the first place. Millionaire next door, right?

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Stoic your financial status is an advantage but not the way you think. Women categorize men into Lovers (guys they can have fun with and have carefree sex with in the subconscious hope of securing good genes) & Providers (stable, safe guys they date in the subconscious hope of securing resources).

There can be a degree of overlap, if women HAVE to have both. But they don’t. Security is less valuable then it’s ever been. Dad or the government or simps on Instagram will take care of that.

If you’re a 7, you’re good to go. You aren’t competing with 8s & 9s in terms of looks, you’re competing with them in terms of EMOTIONS. And, yeah, looks can make an emotional impact initially, but their impact is short lived. Behavior wins the day.

A 7 who is fun, exciting, who pisses girls off and smooths things over, who can get a girl emotionally investing will beat out a 9 who is boring, talks about his job, tries to buy girls drinks 9 times out of 10.

However your money will get you into better places and put you in better opportunities to meet hot women. Money makes logistics easier. It buys you time.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets say you wanted to get as many women as possible in the shortest amount of time. And you decided (which I think is rightly so), that the way to go about doing this would be to self improve and probably be in this order of importance:

1. Maximum improvement to your personality and Increased Social Skills (Do this simply by attending a wide variety of social events/functions and engaging with people). AND Become interesting. Read interesting material. Do interesting stuff. Be interested in people. Don't talk about yourself. Be original. Don't follow the herd.

2. Maximize your finances and career. Become debt free, invest 25-50% of your income. Get as much discretionary funds as possible and upgrade house/car.

3. Maximize looks. Put on serious muscle.

Last edited:

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Stoic you got it. Except for when it comes to looks, clothes > muscle short-term. By the time a girl sees you without your clothes on, she’s already down. Longer term, health is everything, so don’t neglect that. And looks > money in the short-term. But in the long-term, being in a good place financially will allow you to sustain a lifestyle where you’re stress-free, have a sense of well-being, and the mobility to go where you want.

I would prioritize #1 heavily without neglecting 2 & 3.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ fast life. That's a pretty convincing post actually.

Interesting point about behavior winning the day.

From my own experience, I have found this to be true.

Behavior> Looks (w/the exception of a major looks disparity between two different guys, lets say a 5 guy vs a 9 guy in looks)
Behavior> Money

And behavior is something more reliable than looks and money.

We can lose our looks right? Even if we take good care of ourselves, we can get a disease, we can go bald, etc, wrinkled, whatever.

We lose money of course. We can lose our jobs, trends change, markets change, demand for our product can change.

But, we always have near 100% control of our behavior. Its reliable and we can be consistent with it.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, next logical question would be this.

How does one, in the shortest amount of time, alter behavior to attract women (and also men really in terms of business, work collaboration, socialization, etc) ?

Thinking out loud it would be something like perhaps a two step process:

1. Stamp out a definite code of conduct/behavior and set out to not violate this code.
2. Practice (Act out) this code continually with others until it is ingrained in you.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realize I'm responding to my own posts at this point, but that's okay. Trying to think things through.

A bit of a revelation for me.

I think having put so much focus on building a good career, strong financial foundation, its actually in a way retarded my development with attracting the higher quality girls.

I've used the financial 'status' as a crutch. I've never flaunted it or led with it, but Just assumed the girl would take notice of where I live (an upscale place), which they do, and then react positively to it. But, then that fades of course. Its as if they are saying, okay that's impressive. But, where is the excitement?

Im going to pivot now. Work on socializing, doing interesting things, read interesting books. If a girl thinks I'm a pauper so be it.

What did Picasso say? "I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money." Something like that..

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women also buy into potential & the whole package, more so than where you are right now. Having a good career & foundation is a huge plus.. be happy with that & where you are headed.

Buying a car may impress a women, but if you cannot interest her, then its game over.

IMO the best way to interest a woman is to surprise her. You gotta be authentic with this, have varied interests & a full life. Remember, you're doing this for you... not her, getting the girl is a byproduct of a kick-ass life, not the purpose of it. Humour is huge as well.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, we always have near 100% control of our behavior. Its reliable and we can be consistent with it.
This. The most important thing is your relationship with yourself. It is the only constant. I’d add thoughts & emotions to behavior as the only things in life you have complete control over. Those drive behavior and vice versa.

At the end of the day, YOU are the only thing you need to do well with women. Like, you can attract women in a different town where no one knows anything about you. Where no one knows your lifestyle, your net worth, your history, your accomplishments, whether you have any friends or live at home with your mom. So, using logic, just how important are those things really?

I’ve actually gotten into it here with some guys I respect tremendously & think they’re the real deal, because they attribute their success to things external to themselves. Like, yeah, if you base your self-worth on money, then making more of it will make you behave in ways that are more attractive to women. But they’re confusing cause and effects.

My frame is this:
  • I’m not awesome because girls like me. Girls like me because I’m awesome.
  • I’m not awesome because of my accomplishments. I accomplish sh1t because I’m awesome.
  • I’m not awesome because I have great friend. I have great friends because I’m awesome.
Notice how I put myself at the cause and not the effect? Those things are dependent on ME, but I’m not dependent on them. My value is irreducible, and I take it with me everywhere I go. In life, girls won’t like you, you’ll fail at stuff, friends drift apart, but it doesn’t change who you are.

As far as developing social skills, I’ll shoot you some practical resources when I have some time later.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ fastlife

I don't know if you know it or not, but your thoughts/belief system match up with some of the main tenets of stoicism. Namely, focus on things that are within your control and forget about the rest.

If you haven't already, read Enchiridion by Epictetus. You won't be disappointed.

And yes, send me what you have regarding developing social skills.

And I'm not socially inept by any means. But, its an area that I could improve on that I think would provide tremendous results (Spaz gave me this idea)

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short version: Looks and Game win.

Money will never hurt you with women, but it doesn't generally get you girls unless you are a millionaire and have leveraged that to get high social status, and even then, you will attract a very specific type of woman.

An $80k car will not get you better results with women than a $40k car. Focus on your appearance and your game, since these you can control. If you think you could become a multimillionaire and want to play that game, them do so, but if you aren't operating on that level, the money won't matter. Just be reasonably successful.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At some point, it is congruent for a man who is doing very financially well to have a nice luxury car, be it a sports car (e.g. Porsche, Lambo) or sedan (e.g., Mercedes), and certainly it would pique a woman's interest if she sees you driving one - at least enough interest to want to dialog with you enough so that you could divulge that your job or business is X, which would prove that yes, a man in your situation could easily afford such a nice car.

A

AJ84

Good post AJ84.

But, I also think you take advantage of every good quality that you have.

My looks are probably a 7 to most women. I am not going to outcompete 8's and 9's for other men in the looks department.

However, I will out compete the majority of men in terms of financial security, career success, whatever. I think I should use that to my full advantage, no?
Having financial success is a good thing for sure, but if you put that out there first, in the forefront over the rest of your attributes, you risk attracting the kind of women who are more interested in your financial success and not you as a person. I think it was Guru who said he sometimes downplays his success so women he meets aren’t just going for his wallet.

If you are a 7 with some financial success and a decent personality you are ahead of the game already. Like someone else suggested, let her discover that as she gets to know you :).

Last edited by a moderator:

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
If you dangle the appearance of wealth to attract women then it’s a reasonable assumption on her end that you will be spending money on her. You are basically advertising that you have wealth to lavish on women, I meant that’s the sole reason why men promote their wealth to women to begin with. Baiting with wealth then backtracking and trying to be frugal and switch to frame or whatever to keep a woman around won’t work if her attraction to you was based on a false you.

It’s like a someone inviting you over to their house for dinner and handing you an empty plate. If you don’t plan to feed them, don’t invite them for dinner, you are likely just getting people who want the free meal anyway, not because they want to see you, if you know what I mean.

Let some other dudes resort to paying for ‘affection’.

Aim for the real thing :).
I agree with this as words but it’s still formulated around a LTR and/or marriage. Getting guys to go the cuck route is pretty sinister. Almost none of these guys are capable of even holding anything together in a “relationship”

Aiming for the real thing? What does “the real thing” look like? What’s the end game?