"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Should I invite her?

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
So I texted the chick from last night telling her I had a good time to which she replied "Me too! what time is your game?"I told her "2:30 on the soccer field" but I think I should have followed up with something like "you wanna come and watch?" I'm a little clumsy on the field and I don't get the ball passed to me very much because of my condition so I was worried that it might not look good. Am I better off asking anyway? I play flag football for a recreational league at my college.
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Ah. So she showed....?
All that anxiety, wasted.
Work on your IDGAF mindset, eh?
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
I mean... inviting her doesn't really do anything for you. It's not like you're going to talk to her at the game. It sounds like it's only going to make you play worse if she's there - added pressure. Just play and enjoy yourself.

Tell her when/where it is and that she's welcome to come if she wants. Don't ask her if she wants to come though. You shouldn't care if she does/doesn't show up. You're there to play a game either way.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
What you should be doing is asking her to meet up after your game. “Hey, lets get together after my game and go do so and so”.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
So is boredandlonely Richard the Frog????
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
@B0redandl0nely
What is your condition? I think perhaps we can help you more if we know what it is you're facing.
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
Well we "hung out" and she wasn't even in the mood to kiss me at the end. She kept asking me hard questions, and told me to "be honest with myself" at the end of the date. I don't know what's going on
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
I said some stupid things. I'm thinking about apoligizing to her for what I said
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
Your problems seem to distill down to a severe lack of confidence socially.

I used to be the most awkward person on the planet, never knowing what to say. Here's how I fixed myself:

I decided to engage in small-talk with strangers every single day. Nothing works better to calibrate yourself socially. Talk to men and women alike. Keep that up and you'll start seeing your confidence growing. Just ask people how they are, what time it is, how do they like the weather, simple things. 75% of people will respond to you favorably, 23% will be neutral, and about 2% will seem unfriendly.

You need to stop reacting to how people treat you and instead PROVIDE something to them. Be friendly and chat.
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
At the end of the date she told me to "be honest with myself." What could that mean?
 

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
388
Reaction score
34
Age
35
Location
nyc
She still hasn't responded and I can't stop thinking about it. I have a job interview at 1:30 and I can't even get myself in the shower. I just keep reading Doc Love articles. I'm so sick over this. It's all my fault
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top