Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What’s one year of experience worth salary wise?

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the question asks. Any idea as to what one year is worth?

Say you’re up for promotion to the next step, job has little variation in tasks maybe slightly more responsibility. Negotiating with the boss, what can you get?

Or

Jumping to the next job after 1 year, what’s that worth salary wise when looking around?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't leave a job for 3% more. That's basically COLA.

I'd look at it as what the continuum is for your industry. Everyone knows who pays good and who is lower pay but good benefits, etc. That's why we have Glassdoor. I think if you follow the advancement in responsibility and leadership, the money will come. The promotion should be talked about as a step in where you will be in 5 years 10 years, etc. Look at where that salary is and determine if it is going to be worth it to YOU. The company should be selling themselves to you for what you bring to the table...

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't leave a job for 3% more. That's basically COLA.

I'd look at it as what the continuum is for your industry. Everyone knows who pays good and who is lower pay but good benefits, etc. That's why we have Glassdoor. I think if you follow the advancement in responsibility and leadership, the money will come. The promotion should be talked about as a step in where you will be in 5 years 10 years, etc. Look at where that salary is and determine if it is going to be worth it to YOU. The company should be selling themselves to you for what you bring to the table...
Moneys decent with per diem everyday for travel. But, on average I work 65-80 hours a week. In the end I will work 60% more hours than the average 40hr/week person in a year. So how do you negotiate higher salary based on that.

For reference I’m in the wind industry as on-site entry level management and quality

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your advancement timeline? Will the time demand meet your Quality of life goals and provide enough cash flow?

It is so much more than simple dollars and cents for your time...

As for negotiating your situation, I think you bring up a good point. You need to also bring up that the time you spend is going to make $ for the company or save $, and that is the value they will get from your extra time... How many $ are you going to generate?

"For the last 5 years I've been head of sales, and still handling my personal clients. I'm doing this through working an extra 60%. If you had to hire someone to take over that part of my job it would cost you another $45,000 in base pay and $12,000 in benefits. I'm willing to keep doing what I'm doing because I believe in the company and I see myself having a future here and I'm not afraid to pay my dues. How is this promotion going to set me on that path?"

I see raises from time within the company of roughly equivalent to 5-10% More often smaller base raises and more performance bonus opportunities.