Apparently, I'm strange because I am not on "social media"

RickTheToad

Reaction score
More than one lady has told me it is very strange that I am not on any social media. Yes, I am on Facebook for messenger, but there's nothing there. No "friends" and no information. I am not on LinkedIN (lost a few ladies because of this), Instagram, Twitter, WhatsUp, CrapChat, etc. I do not see the point. My cell is a prepaid cell that I pay 20 bucks a month for. My I use maybe 200mb - 300mb of my data plan. I really only use my cell if someone needs to get in touch with me.

Sorry, but I just do not get this consistent need for social interaction via a cellphone. I do have a laptop, which I use, but outside of that, I leave my phone alone when I do not need it.

Please, someone tell me what am I missing. Am I that out of touch for a 36 year old dude? I am not really a minimalist, but I do not buy what I do not need or use. My biggest expenditure was a new wardrobe, which I was forced to buy. I went from a 36 waist to 28. XL - M. I had no choice. My car finally died, so I bought a 3 year old used one which I will drive into the ground (usually 10 - 12 years they last me). I own a townhouse with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I bought it pretty cheap and fixed a lot of it up myself. I'm simple; though people who know and date me say I'm very complicated. I do not see how.

Enlighten me.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 23 and don't have Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, whatever whatever. I have an extremely under-managed linked and Facebook. I kept Facebook for so many years because I thought you need it for messenger. That's not true. So I considered deleting it. But people at my school use it for groups and I'm just getting established here so maybe I'll hold on to it for a little bit.

The benefits of not having it far outweigh those of having it, to me. It forces deeper relationships with those that I actually wanna interact with. Eliminates an extremely shallow distraction. Allows me to live my life without watching other people 'live' theirs. And so on. It's so stupid when people stop to take a picture and ruin a moment where they could just be having fun instead of smiling into their selfie camera for a video. But I digress.

If a woman is put off by you not having social media then my reasoning leads me to believe she's not interested enough in you. Think about it... Your ONLINE presence is enough for her to not interact with you? And knowing that most online personas are just the fake, perfect side of people... I don't see the benefit it offers to her in terms of knowing you're a normal, dateable dude. Now, I can understand it may make them feel like you're creepy... Simply because 'everyone' has social media so why don't you? What are you trying to hide? That might be going through their minds. But if everyone else jumped off a cliff...

So the question to consider is whether you're willing to give up some of your attention and time to appease a few women. Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Do you feel content with not having it? Are you willing to change based on someone else's opinions - a woman's at that?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm 23 and don't have Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, whatever whatever. I have an extremely under-managed linked and Facebook. I kept Facebook for so many years because I thought you need it for messenger. That's not true. So I considered deleting it. But people at my school use it for groups and I'm just getting established here so maybe I'll hold on to it for a little bit.

The benefits of not having it far outweigh those of having it, to me. It forces deeper relationships with those that I actually wanna interact with. Eliminates an extremely shallow distraction. Allows me to live my life without watching other people 'live' theirs. And so on. It's so stupid when people stop to take a picture and ruin a moment where they could just be having fun instead of smiling into their selfie camera for a video. But I digress.

If a woman is put off by you not having social media then my reasoning leads me to believe she's not interested enough in you. Think about it... Your ONLINE presence is enough for her to not interact with you? And knowing that most online personas are just the fake, perfect side of people... I don't see the benefit it offers to her in terms of knowing you're a normal, dateable dude. Now, I can understand it may make them feel like you're creepy... Simply because 'everyone' has social media so why don't you? What are you trying to hide? That might be going through their minds. But if everyone else jumped off a cliff...

So the question to consider is whether you're willing to give up some of your attention and time to appease a few women. Do the benefits outweigh the costs? Do you feel content with not having it? Are you willing to change based on someone else's opinions - a woman's at that?
It only happened twice. The first time I agreed to FB messenger, but she wanted to friend me, but I declined. We still fvcked for a bit, but then she wanted to do the FWB thing; so I left. Apparently, this FWB thing is more popular now than when I did it in my 20's. In my mid 30's tired of the FWB game. The other one just through I was strange and a bit creepy that she couldn't find me online. She then said, if my friends come by, I'm going to tell them we met on LinkedIN. I said, not on linkedIN, so there was a bit of an awkward silence. We ended a bit later and heard from her the next day, then ghost.

I just don't get the tech thing over real life interaction.

Last edited:

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They might think its weird but I highly doubt you’re losing them for that reason alone.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey i think its great you are not a social media.
Its such a waste of time.

You should ngaf if women tell you this, this is insignificant

Tell them social media is for women, real men dont use that **** !!!

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
If there is one social media platform worth getting into, it would be LinkedIn. Very efficient tool when looking for a job, and finding a decision maker for an employer to work for.

Although, as for the other social media platforms, I wouldn't worry about having an account. Not much value which could be garnered from it. Personally, I only use Facebook for managing my meetup group in my city, not much else.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree

If you're making money, then real men use it.
I dont get this if you dont mind a quick explanation.

I agree about LinkedIn

My main point was someone should not care if he is being told he is strange because of no social media.
This is entering the women frame imo.
There is nothing wrong or strange with not using social media

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If there is one social media platform worth getting into, it would be LinkedIn. Very efficient tool when looking for a job, and finding a decision maker for an employer to work for.

Although, as for the other social media platforms, I wouldn't worry about having an account. Not much value which could be garnered from it. Personally, I only use Facebook for managing my meetup group in my city, not much else.
I get it, but I have a government job, practically cannot get fired. I have no need for LinkedIN. Never used it, would have no reason to be on. I find, when you Google my name or number, nothing comes up. I like that. I have an entrepreneur friend who runs a string of businesses with employees. He told me he had the premium version just to see who was checking his profile out. It was a lot of people from the past and ex's. He deleted it shortly after.

I never understood why so many people voluntary give out their private and privileged information. That information that people give to Facebook/Instagram, LinkinIN, Twitter, etc. is all very valuable and makes each company billions of dollars each month. Even Zuckerberg said previously how much information give away to Facebook freely. It's amazing.

Hard pass for me.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha I lost one over that. If she is anything to go by be glad you lost them. This was an arty chick who was selling at the market. I was busy that week so we're meant to be going for drinks the following weekend. Anyway she wanted my fakebook. And I said no. told her she would just have to stalk me in real life. Anyway the date arrives and she sends me a flake text while I'm sitting there with my first beer. The bloody text was two pages long. it all boils down to I was meant to spend all week getting to know her via text. And that she was worth it. And that's after I did drop her a couple of texts during the week.

So classic screwed up attention*****. of course it was all on me because I had spent 10 years dating crazy arts chicks should have known much much better. But dammit they are so good at hiding the crazy for a short time.

Anyway despite being traumatized by the loss of my special princess I managed to score a fairly tidy 40 ish cougar at a group dinner I went to that night. And she definitely knew what her pvssy was for. So it turns out she wasn't Irreplaceable like she thought.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Haha I lost one over that. If she is anything to go by be glad you lost them. This was an arty chick who was selling at the market. I was busy that week so we're meant to be going for drinks the following weekend. Anyway she wanted my fakebook. And I said no. told her she would just have to stalk me in real life. Anyway the date arrives and she sends me a flake text while I'm sitting there with my first beer. The bloody text was two pages long. it all boils down to I was meant to spend all week getting to know her via text. And that she was worth it. And that's after I did drop her a couple of texts during the week.

So classic screwed up attention*****. of course it was all on me because I had spent 10 years dating crazy arts chicks should have known much much better. But dammit they are so good at hiding the crazy for a short time.

Anyway despite being traumatized by the loss of my special princess I managed to score a fairly tidy 40 ish cougar at a group dinner I went to that night. So it turns out she wasn't Irreplaceable like she thought.

Yes, I had one of those a few weeks ago. We texted a bit and I asked her to meet me at a local bar. She agreed and then suggested we can text through the week. We were to meet on Sunday, so I texted her Wednesday just to see how she was. No response and I never heard from her again.

So weird, yet, I am the one who's weird and strange for not being on social media.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
She was either hoping she will get one friend more, or was checkin if ure popular. This is normal for girls to say someone is weird if he has no social media or empty one

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
More than one lady has told me it is very strange that I am not on any social media
Under what circumstance did the btches tell you that? By the way, I want you to stop calling them ladies... ladies don't change sexual partners minimum 4 per year, going from one to next like hoes. Make an effort to distinguish a btch from a lady.

If they tell you this on a date everything alright, but is an indication that you are a bit out of touch with times. Which is true, you wanted flip phone a while back.

If they tell you this on OLD, asking you this sht instead of giving you phone number, then it's an indication of her disinterest. In this scenario she rather keep you as online orbiter and be an AW rather than meet with you.

Look, it's not hard to create an online profile, just don't use your own pics. Google up maximus and use his pic, come with some sort of fake name, add some celebrities and sht, and you got an online profile. Good luck.

Attachments

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Under what circumstance did the btches tell you that? By the way, I want you to stop calling them ladies... ladies don't change sexual partners minimum 4 per year, going from one to next like hoes. Make an effort to distinguish a btch from a lady.

If they tell you this on a date everything alright, but is an indication that you are a bit out of touch with times. Which is true, you wanted flip phone a while back.

If they tell you this on OLD, asking you this sht instead of giving you phone number, then it's an indication of her disinterest. In this scenario she rather keep you as online orbiter and be an AW rather than meet with you.

Look, it's not hard to create an online profile, just don't use your own pics. Google up maximus and use his pic, come with some sort of fake name, add some celebrities and sht, and you got an online profile. Good luck.
Yes becuz using fake profiole will work

Bayne05

Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped being active on facebook on 2015. Best decision of my life.

When girls want to see your social media it's because they want to see your popularity, the places you go to and the types of girls that comment on your posts. So when you say you don't use social media some just assume you're boring or low value, and honestly you shouldn't give a damn because you are staying true to yourself.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
I dont get this if you dont mind a quick explanation.

I agree about LinkedIn

My main point was someone should not care if he is being told he is strange because of no social media.
This is entering the women frame imo.
There is nothing wrong or strange with not using social media
There are some men out there who use social media to make an income either through product marketing or selling products through their facebook page. Therefore, they typically treat social media as a tool in their professional lives.

If that's the case, are they not real men but in fact still beta nerds?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook got me a lot of dates from girls I barely knew, back then I had a great profile full of great things with many hotties commenting it.

Back in 2015 I changed life style, no more funny things to add nor contacts with those hotties that all got engaged or moved to other things.

Now I dont have any social media, no need for that since Im an action oriented man rather than a social oriented one...all my activies do not involve "social things" like pubs, clubs and such.

I agree with those here who say girls ask your facebook just to gauge your value, thats much more important than knowing you for them...we see them as sexual objects and they see us as success objects.

Im not against socials, its just that in my case its more the hassle than the gain.

A facebook profile needs a certain amount of commitment to fake an online persona that matches current minimum requirements, you have to take good pictures in interesting settings and filter for the good ones while involving other people into that.

An average facebook profile when it comes of women is probably even worse than no profile at all, anyway for the average man is a losing field since all these social media are made for social people (as women are, lots of connection few substance).

Socials are good for most of the women but only for a top %nter of men, basically unless you have hundreds of friends and breath taking pictures you do not qualify to the average woman now, its a world made of marketing now.

All this instagram hysteria is one of the reasons why I turned MGTOW, its no longer funny to be stuck in a popularity contest 24/7.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Facebook got me a lot of dates from girls I barely knew, back then I had a great profile full of great things with many hotties commenting it.

Back in 2015 I changed life style, no more funny things to add nor contacts with those hotties that all got engaged or moved to other things.

Now I dont have any social media, no need for that since Im an action oriented man rather than a social oriented one...all my activies do not involve "social things" like pubs, clubs and such.

I agree with those here who say girls ask your facebook just to gauge your value, thats much more important than knowing you for them...we see them as sexual objects and they see us as success objects.

Im not against socials, its just that in my case its more the hassle than the gain.

A facebook profile needs a certain amount of commitment to fake an online persona that matches current minimum requirements, you have to take good pictures in interesting settings and filter for the good ones while involving other people into that.

An average facebook profile when it comes of women is probably even worse than no profile at all, anyway for the average man is a losing field since all these social media are made for social people (as women are, lots of connection few substance).

Socials are good for most of the women but only for a top %nter of men, basically unless you have hundreds of friends and breath taking pictures you do not qualify to the average woman now, its a world made of marketing now.

All this instagram hysteria is one of the reasons why I turned MGTOW, its no longer funny to be stuck in a popularity contest 24/7.
yea and its so easy to get 1000 friends or likes as female just hop on dating app and put ur ig in bio then swipe. at least 5 free likes per day