Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can a relationship work out only if the male is in a higher status or equal to the female?

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's look at a scenario like that: Assume, in the beginning, all was good, your status was high enough for her to be attracted to you and want you. Years past, the woman progress in her career and now holding a top job, or, open her own successful business. Now the "power" in the relationship shifted to her side.
Is it right to assume that from that point onward it's pretty much the beginning of the end, or, is the relationship can still work out despite the power shifting? and, if Yes, how it can be done?

I'm asking it after reading some thread in another site where the husband described a good loving marriage until his wife opened a successful business and then dumped him for her "Male Equal" (as she described it to him). I got the feeling that if there is a power shifting it's inevitable for the split to happen.
Your thoughts
Cheers

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough to say. I can say I was earning 5 times more than my ex-wife during our dating courtship through the first 2 years of marriage. Around the stock market crash my income nosedived, lost a sibling, lost a parent and had some medical issues. Still paid all the bills, but it seemed to have an effect. We divorced two years later and ironically I am back on top financially. I do think if your income dives, it will have an effect on the marriage. If you have a strong relationship and a rare ride or die girl, then it could. Now-a-days though, that's a rarity.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's look at a scenario like that: Assume, in the beginning, all was good, your status was high enough for her to be attracted to you and want you. Years past, the woman progress in her career and now holding a top job, or, open her own successful business. Now the "power" in the relationship shifted to her side.
Is it right to assume that from that point onward it's pretty much the beginning of the end, or, is the relationship can still work out despite the power shifting? and, if Yes, how it can be done?

I'm asking it after reading some thread in another site where the husband described a good loving marriage until his wife opened a successful business and then dumped him for her "Male Equal" (as she described it to him). I got the feeling that if there is a power shifting it's inevitable for the split to happen.
Your thoughts
Cheers
I’d say no.

There are way too many factors and blaming the financial shift is near the bottom of the list. If he thought that the reason he was dumped was that she found someone better, then he was dumped because he felt she was better resulting in the shift in the relationship.

He got insecure and lost her, essentially.

Women date broke, deadbeat, low quality guys all of the time. It’s their attitude they enjoy.

Serenity

Reaction score
I won't say it doesn't happen, but in most cases I don't think career status makes or breaks a relationship. If the relationship was built on career status I'd say the foundations of the relationship was poor to begin with, it's not the purpose of relationships.

If she turns out to lose respect she had poor character to begin with, nothing to do about it except leave her for someone who's into YOU more than just your resources.

I'm asking it after reading some thread in another site where the husband described a good loving marriage until his wife opened a successful business and then dumped him for her "Male Equal" (as she described it to him).
Well... That wasn't a good loving marriage then, she was just good at acting consistently over a long time. She's just a selfish piece of trash, there's no love in doing something like that.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I won't say it doesn't happen, but in most cases I don't think career status makes or breaks a relationship. If the relationship was built on career status I'd say the foundations of the relationship was poor to begin with, it's not the purpose of relationships.

If she turns out to lose respect she had poor character to begin with, nothing to do about it except leave her for someone who's into YOU more than just your resources.

Well... That wasn't a good loving marriage then, she was just good at acting consistently over a long time. She's just a selfish piece of trash, there's no love in doing something like that.
You're thinking along the lines of male thought patterns.

The female is almost always opposite of that.

Think again.

Serenity

Reaction score
You're thinking along the lines of male thought patterns.

The female is almost always opposite of that.

Think again.
What you're saying isn't reflected in my experience, I'd much rather trust my observations than your beliefs.

The male thought pattern is to think women are only after the material resources a man can provide, it's also a wildly outdated way of thinking from a time when women wasn't expected to get their own resources. So if anyone is thinking along the lines of male thought patterns, it's you.

Think again or open your eyes.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
What you're saying isn't reflected in my experience, I'd much rather trust my observations than your beliefs.

The male thought pattern is to think women are only after the material resources a man can provide, it's also a wildly outdated way of thinking from a time when women wasn't expected to get their own resources. So if anyone is thinking along the lines of male thought patterns, it's you.

Think again or open your eyes.
You're 27 and although smart your experience lacks the depth and breath of a more experienced man who's been fvcking around even whilst u were a mere tadpole inside ur mothers egg.

Well to be honest, it was even so even before u were a tadpole.

But don't take this as a slight, I'm imparting something to you that you will most certainly come to see in the coming years.

Serenity

Reaction score
@Spaz I absolutely hate when people use their age as an argument to make it seem more valid. But it does play well into what I said, old ways of thinking.

The problem is that the past doesn't necessarily predict the future. A guy who thinks anything is permanent hasn't understood the nature of reality, that nothing is permanent. What you say may have been so, but it would be foolish to close your eyes and assume it is always so.

We will see. This isn't the first time older guys hand me that argument and are proven wrong.

But don't take this as a slight
I enjoy our disagreements. You can actually discuss without going full retard, I appreciate that.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
@Spaz I absolutely hate when people use their age as an argument to make it seem more valid. But it does play well into what I said, old ways of thinking.

The problem is that the past doesn't necessarily predict the future. A guy who thinks anything is permanent hasn't understood the nature of reality, that nothing is permanent. What you say may have been so, but it would be foolish to close your eyes and assume it is always so.

We will see. This isn't the first time older guys hand me that argument and are proven wrong.

I enjoy our disagreements. You can actually discuss without going full retard, I appreciate that.
Well let's put that to the test shall we ?

Do a simple experiment to verify what I've said vs what you're said with regards to OP's question by asking females.

Caveat: DO NOT ASK non blood related females and most certainly not your mother. Ask your sisters or an aunt from ur fathers side of the family, they will likely tell you the truth, and do not argue with them, just ask as a matter of fact - make sure it's non biased in ur favor or mine. Make certain that you convey to them that the question is basically for the good of the bloodline, they'll spill haha

I recommend everyone here to do the same.

Then come back and post ur discoveries.

After its all said and done, don't forget to say thank you to Spaz.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would consider 3 points:

1)Women always side with the strongest man available to them (not necessarily strenght but also power or money)

2)You can save your marriage more easily after being caught cheating than after being fired from work

3)Women are sexual object to men and men are success objects to women

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Spaz

Women have been given the opportunity to be financially stable by themselves. The only ones who still care generally have poor character to begin with(gold diggers).

Having a high paying job and a nice house isn’t as attractive as it was, let’s say, 20 years ago. Older women may still have this mindset but older women are more prone for settling down.

This isn’t to say that women don’t like status though. You can have status without having money. I know someone who lives with his girlfriends parents yet has his own table at popular clubs, gets free drinks, and females line up.

Social status is a lot more valuable than the cash in your bank account imo.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
@Spaz

Social status is a lot more valuable than the cash in your bank account imo.
How does one accrue social status ?

I know the answer since its my bread and butter but I'd like to know how you think.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a man's wealth is a contributing factor to his overall value. Women want high value men. If the woman has a higher value in a particular aspect of what is supposed to make a MAN valuable, she will resent you for it.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does one accrue social status ?

I know the answer since its my bread and butter but I'd like to know how you think.
There are a lot of ways. But just because someone is wealthy does not mean that they have status.

They can use that wealth to gain status but a woman isn’t going to get with a wealthy man without any status unless it’s ill intent.

Social value is a huge thing for women. Attitude and how you present yourself are both subsets of social value.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys need to pay attention to Spaz on this one.

-Since the beginning of time, women were the gatherer's and men were the hunters. This has transformed but it is still present.

-When women ask one of their girlfriends how a date with a new guy went, one of the first questions they always ask is.......what does he do for a living? Why do you suppose this is so important to them? Its never one of the first questions that guys ask their buddy when talking about a new girl.

-There are more relationships where the man makes more money than the woman than the other way around.

-Why do you think relationships with women that are at the executive level rarely work? Its typically a constant power & money imbalance that leads to struggle.

-Have you ever paid attention to how women shop for merchandise? They go crazy when they think they are getting a good deal on something. They get up at 5am to stand outside to be the first in the door to get some deal at their favorite store. They are natural suckers for a perceived deal. Look at Kohl's marketing program with their cash back that you have to use within a certain time period. Its like crack cocaine for women. If a woman thinks there is something to gain she is all about it. That is their true nature. It applies to selecting men as well.

-The majority of women want a man that is taller than them, this falls right in line with wanting a man that makes more money. Its all indicative of power and strength where a woman derives security.

My marriage started showing cracks when my (ex)wife started moving up the ladder in corporate America. It was the beginning of the end once her salary was on par with mine and she wanted more control over our finances.

ThinkerG

Don Juan
Reaction score

Age has a lot to do with it. I’m 27 as well. Time and experience is how you gain wisdom. I was married for six years, gone through a divorce, have two children, have had failed businesses and successful businesses. No amount of intelligence can get you this experience. Try talking to a 20-year-old boy who doesn’t have any of that under his belt and see if I wouldn’t tell him the same thing. I’ve told them the exact same thing, that in their coming years they will know exactly what I am talking about. It’s not that they are dumb, well some obviously are and will never reach a level of intellectual capability as others but they haven’t lived through it. So I have to agree with spaz here. Never think you know it all.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 27 and although smart your experience lacks the depth and breath of a more experienced man who's been fvcking around even whilst u were a mere tadpole inside ur mothers egg.

Well to be honest, it was even so even before u were a tadpole.

But don't take this as a slight, I'm imparting something to you that you will most certainly come to see in the coming years.
So you are fast approaching 50... Good to know

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Do a simple experiment to verify what I've said vs what you're said with regards to OP's question by asking females.

Caveat: DO NOT ASK non blood related females and most certainly not your mother. Ask your sisters or an aunt from ur fathers side of the family, they will likely tell you the truth, and do not argue with them, just ask as a matter of fact - make sure it's non biased in ur favor or mine. Make certain that you convey to them that the question is basically for the good of the bloodline, they'll spill haha

I recommend everyone here to do the same.

Then come back and post ur discoveries.

After its all said and done, don't forget to say thank you to Spaz.
sure because even if related they will not lie, right?

we do know some dude keep hold of tehy woman even when she did get paid more, the reason for that don't matter if your smv is bigger or lower then her, the important is she think and belive she will always be lower then you, just again make sure you are the guy who hold the power, the same way a woman hold the power of a relationship when hubby is paid a lot more a guy can pull that, just is harder I belive, but making sure you are the one who have control over the finances will make easier

Serenity

Reaction score
Never think you know it all.
I don't.

I just don't need to get fvcked over to understand. I'm of course aware that these women exist, I'm disagreeing on how common it is.

Caveat: DO NOT ASK non blood related females and most certainly not your mother.
None of the women in my family says anything that would agree with your view, except my mother ironically enough. But she's a complete b!tch, the exception and not the rule.

Maybe things are different where you're from... Come to Norway and take a look, it's good here.

-When women ask one of their girlfriends how a date with a new guy went, one of the first questions they always ask is.......what does he do for a living? Why do you suppose this is so important to them? Its never one of the first questions that guys ask their buddy when talking about a new girl.
Isn't it? Plenty of people asked me what she does pretty early on. It's not that this is so damn important, it's just a common way to open a conversation.

-There are more relationships where the man makes more money than the woman than the other way around.
That's because men generally make more money than women, it doesn't suggest this difference was a significant factor in any way.

Can any of you guys give me something more substantial than personal anecdotes of your sh!tty mistakes? I don't give a fvck about views tainted by personal experience, I obviously don't share your experience and I'd appreciate something a bit more objective.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can any of you guys give me something more substantial than personal anecdotes of your sh!tty mistakes? I don't give a fvck about views tainted by personal experience, I obviously don't share your experience and I'd appreciate something a bit more objective.
Edit: wrong thread.