Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My tips on how to make money from Ebay

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
-build and sell gaming pcs

-sell from jobs lots

-sell bankrupt items

-sell sd and network cards(get from supplier)

-buy stationary items for cheap from suppliers such as different style rulers, packets of pens, pencils, rulers and sell on eBay, you can sell 100 in a week, pay for posting.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
-buy stationary items for cheap from suppliers such as different style rulers, packets of pens, pencils, rulers and sell on eBay, you can sell 100 in a week, pay for posting.
Only this is viable provided you repackaged them and sell them as a mixture, a total office package per person.

Pierra

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people that make money on ebay are resellers. They buy items at low prices, and then they sell them at higher prices. This is a very simple business model, but it can be difficult if you do not understand what you are buying. I actually flip items quite often on several platforms like ebay. My favorite platform to sell on is Mercari because of its relatively low fees.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-build and sell gaming pcs

-sell from jobs lots

-sell bankrupt items

-sell sd and network cards(get from supplier)

This is very generic advise that I keep hearing .
SD Cards and other consumer electronics are very competitive don't even try .
Buying bankrupt items is another debatable point as it come with them alot of non sellable items that all go to losses
Can you share what are you really selling and how are you sourcing them?

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had idea's on what products you could sell to be successful on Ebay. Maybe there is a supplier you could get these items for cheap such as ali baba or the equivalent.

Now you can even offer you professional services on ebay.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You advice is appreciated but its way to bland and vague. The 2 pieces of advice I give is to 1. find an item/items that have a decent ROI that you already know a lot about. 2. make dam well sure you know those items like the back of your hand. It's very difficult being a reseller and its not easy like peopel think it. Good for some side income. To make a living doing it is whole other story.

Lot's of people on Ebay buy items from China on the cheap and resell just to make a few bucks on each. To them its all about volume as the sites they buy from have teir pricing for buying in bulk, the more of one item you buy the cheaper it gets. Not a drastic reductive in savings, but when you're selling in volume those .50-.75 cents per items savings on each add up. It also takes on average 3-5 weeks to receive said items from China. That is the niche they use to profit, "time". Average customers do not want to wait 3-5 weeks to get their item, so they pay the extra few $ to these resellers to get in days vs weeks.

That aside you have to deal with scammers. I cant tell you how many times I lost my cool dealing with these types scum. One example was a guy who lied saying the phone I sold him didn't work when I knew 100% it did and had proof. This guy went behind my back to Ebay to file a claim against me without ever contacting me first to say there was even an issue. He then threatened me when I denied his claim saying he knows how Paypal works and will win the case if I do not agree to his terms and also reduce the cost of the phone. WTF would you want a reduction in price if the phone doesn't work like you say=obvious scammer!

Long story short, I went through hell, hrs on the phone and won the case which he then had no choice but to send the phone back to me. But he damaged it, stole the case and charger cause I beat him at his own game and did not give up fighting. Then more hrs on the phone and I blessed enough to have gotten his Paypal account banned for 6 months as a result. He never contacted again after that cause he knew I exposed is shady a$$. In the end it was not worth my time, anger, stress and high blood pressure. But I wont deny it felt freaking good getting is PP banned.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had idea's on what products you could sell to be successful on Ebay. Maybe there is a supplier you could get these items for cheap such as ali baba or the equivalent.

Now you can even offer you professional services on ebay.
If you want serious brainstorming about what should be sold on ebay , I am all in , I have sold on ebay before, however not enough to become a side business . Beside that Ebay is known to be on buyer side , which lead a a lot of loss like the above poster story.
For me I find Amazon to be less crowdy and more fair.
I have also experience in stand alone e-commerce. Since people can simply google all the world , all the world become your competitor, if not the consumer by himself reaching the original seller, then other re-seller bring it to them .
he more of one item you buy the cheaper it gets. Not a drastic reductive in savings, but when you're selling in volume those .50-.75 cents per items savings on each add up.
I bought in bulk headphones , however I found other sellers selling cheaper than what I bought from , so when I went back the the supplier , they told me you have to buy in high volume around 10000 item to get that low price . while I bought just 50 item . However 10K peace is a big money and if any other ebay seller bring it in even lower price ,then you are done and you loose all your goods.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sold on eBay for a few years. Had over 50,000 feedback in the end. Also sold on amazon too with similar volume. Amazon worked out better in the end.

To get started it’s simple logic. You find an item that is selling well by a seller who is relatively small. You can guage their buying power by their feedback and business address. If they are operating from a domestic address and have low feedback the chances are not a business and have low buying power.

Once you find this item and seller you also scour his or her other listings for other items he or she is selling that are doing well.

Next stage you have to source that product. I used to use alibaba. There are a few others but can’t remember of the top of my head.

Once you find the supplier order a sample or make a small order. Don’t make a big order straight away because you need to trust that the supplier is legit.

Also make a spreadsheet that calculates your potential profit. Remember that you need to be undercutting your competitor. Include post, import duty, vat etc if you are registered for vat in the uk, eBay fees and cost of packaging. This spreadsheet will become your go to tool you will be constantly using it to weigh up potential product lines.

Regarding import duty. I don’t know how it works in the US but in the eu you have to got to a website that lists all the taric codes for different goods. Work out what Taric code your item comes under and that will give you what percentage import duty you will pay. If memory serves me correctly you will pay duty on the cost of goods, and vat on the cost of goods and delivery.

The best way to make money after getting the product cheap is to minimise postage costs. Once you are high volume enough you can get a contract with the postal service or courier. Also get to know the packaging dimensions and don’t be scared to break the rules slightly on this, most postal services will let you off if you are a centimetre over, same with the weight, but test the water first before you buy 1000 products that are slightly over the sizing limit.

Selling on eBay is a lot harder now than it was 10 years ago. The problem in the uk is that a lot of Chinese suppliers have opened warehouses in the uk and operate from the uk but with a business addressed in China. From this stance they are avoiding paying 20% vat which gives them a huge advantage over uk sellers. And yes this is technically tax evasion however hmrc still haven’t cracked down on it, probably due to the revenue it brings eBay and amazon and that amazon and eBay are probably in bed with the eu.

Anyways if you do well on eBay and Amazon then you start your own website and try to become independent. Then still keep your amazon and eBay accounts open but try making your website your main bread and butter.

I made my money on there selling catering equipment mostly.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I know a guy who sold off very good fake cosmetics and perfumes.

You can't tell the difference except the price.

That's an idea you blokes could use.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy who sold off very good fake cosmetics and perfumes.

You can't tell the difference except the price.

That's an idea you blokes could use.
Except that you could have your entire shipment seized and disposed of by customs if you are importing. You can even face prison if you do it on a big enough scale.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Except that you could have your entire shipment seized and disposed of by customs if you are importing. You can even face prison if you do it on a big enough scale.
I've even heard of people bringing in fake Levi's and selling it off as originals. You can't tell the difference, it's that good at 1/4 the price.

And those LV handbags ? Perfect copies.

Just imagine the money they're raking in...

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To get started it’s simple logic. You find an item that is selling well by a seller who is relatively small. You can guage their buying power by their feedback and business address. If they are operating from a domestic address and have low feedback the chances are not a business and have low buying power.
Good post , however I didn't get the point of purchasing power of seller, can you elaborate more what do you mean by that , and how it can be a benefit for me ?

I agree Ebay and online selling in general is becoming more competitive and more serious , every one try to shortcut the supply chain, and your only bet is becoming the good customer service (which amazon is focusing on ) . if you have such good rating 50K , I would not retire that account , at worst I would sell it to others , as getting all that positive feedback takes time and efforts.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post , however I didn't get the point of purchasing power of seller, can you elaborate more what do you mean by that , and how it can be a benefit for me ?

When you are starting you cannot compete with big sellers. They will most likely just undercut you if you try to sell what they are selling, therefore you must make sure you are only competing with smaller sellers with less buying power. Less buying power means less likely to be able to undercut you. Its the same for any business whether small time ebay side hustle or massive corporation. You can get a better idea of who you are competing with by looking at their address and their feedback.

I agree Ebay and online selling in general is becoming more competitive and more serious , every one try to shortcut the supply chain, and your only bet is becoming the good customer service (which amazon is focusing on ) . if you have such good rating 50K , I would not retire that account , at worst I would sell it to others , as getting all that positive feedback takes time and efforts.

Good customer service is great if you are selling consumables where you expect repeat business. However online market places like Amazon and ebay offer very little customer loyalty because the nature of the market place is to always be offering the best deal. So be careful not to assume just because your customer service is good you will get repeat business. It's primarily the lowest price, then coupled with free delivery (even though its not really free) and a no quibble refund policy that will get you customers. But like i say, lowest price is number 1 selling factor.

Regarding selling the ebay accounts its only possible if you are selling the account as part of a limited company.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got it , thank you . Prices in Ebay now even less than what on AliExpress , things are crazy for products that many people can sell.