Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crushing defeat

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is more of a vent. I can be a highly emotional competitive guy. Competition and winning and the quest for valor is in my DNA.Think: Brett Favre.

I've been a Chicago Bears fan since I was 4. I'm a die hard Bears mega fan. It's been 8 years since they were even in the playoffs.

Today, the Bears lost on the last play of the game when their kicker missed a very makeable field goal, at home.

Absolutely soul crushing.

We all have our teams. We relate to them as our "tribe" per our DNA, if we have a certain warrior gene, that is.

Ever been there? Story?

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Ironic since I feel so liberated giving up my sports watching habit. I haven't given it up completely but I never watch a full game of anything anymore. For example, with the nba, I'll check the scoreboards when I have free time and will watch under the following conditions: the game is close, both teams are top teams, AND it's the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.

If I turn on the tv (not often these days), if it's a close game on sunday night football and it happens to be in the final couple of minutes, sure.

But 2.5 to 4 hours of sitting for a single game? No. Watching 4 or 5 games back to back to back to back to back? No. For the NBA finals, yes. For the super bowl. Probably. But week in, week out. No chance. Honestly, I feel guilty for watching any NBA games at all. How do I identify with a black guy making $40 million a season? Why should I root for him or his team? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I'll watch most of a blockbuster UFC card though. There's definitely some excitement there. Unfortunately, that too is turning into a huge farce.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of Bears fans near me. Facebook was blowing up with anger. From what I read, an Eagle got a hand on the kick, which if true mostly absolves the kicker of blame for missing. It's not his job to block.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams have a crushing defeat soon. They screwed the city of St Louis, who will still be paying for their abandoned stadium for many years to come.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I can be a highly emotional competitive guy.

Ever been there? Story?
Yes been there before, sometimes our team wins, sometimes they lose, sometimes they get rained out, but it only comes close to soul crushing if you’re overly outcome dependent…

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Competition is when you actually participate in it. Examples being playing pick up ball at the gym / outside or even games like chess if that is your thing. Watching juiced up men collide with each other in the name of city tribalism doesn't do it for me.

R

Ranger

I do not get emotionally attached to sport teams and sports. I am not a spectator.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cut back on the watching it can be unnerving giants fan I can relate it happens

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Basically, we are all told that we have to be sports fans in order to be "real men."

Then, later in life, we find out that these so-called sport heroes are:

1. homicidal, suicidal, homosexual psychopaths: Aaron Hernandez

2. double murderers: OJ Simpson

3. gang rapists: Baylor U.

4. double murderers (again): Ray Lewis.

5. they want their fans to "kill themselves"

6. Or, they say they have "sh1tty" fans. Yeah, the same fans who are generating 100% of the revenue for their salaries:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018...minnesota-has-****ty-fans-after-getting-booed

5 and 6 are on the same team coincidentally.

7. another double murderer (with suicide):

https://newarena.com/story/former-n...involved-in-horrifying-double-murder-suicide/

8. Kobe Bryant the rapist

9. JR Smith: manslaughter, pedophile, drunkard, drug addict

10. Dwight Howard closet transgender lover

These guys are scumbags, little more than animals. They are not worthy of our time, much less our fandom and adoration. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Many books could be written listing all of the psychopaths and animals playing college and pro sports we hold so dear.

Don't support these savages. Emotional identification with an athlete is really dumb.

Also, notice the real stand up guys are either marginalized, driven out of pro sports or completely ridiculed:

Tim Tebow, Jeremy Lin, Shaun Bradley.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, we are all told that we have to be sports fans in order to be "real men."

Then, later in life, we find out that these so-called sport heroes are:

1. homicidal, suicidal, homosexual psychopaths: Aaron Hernandez

2. double murderers: OJ Simpson

3. gang rapists: Baylor U.

4. double murderers (again): Ray Lewis.

5. they want their fans to "kill themselves"

6. Or, they say they have "sh1tty" fans. Yeah, the same fans who are generating 100% of the revenue for their salaries:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2018...minnesota-has-****ty-fans-after-getting-booed

5 and 6 are on the same team coincidentally.

7. another double murderer (with suicide):

https://newarena.com/story/former-n...involved-in-horrifying-double-murder-suicide/

8. Kobe Bryant the rapist

9. JR Smith: manslaughter, pedophile, drunkard, drug addict

10. Dwight Howard closet transgender lover

These guys are scumbags, little more than animals. They are not worthy of our time, much less our fandom and adoration. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Many books could be written listing all of the psychopaths and animals playing college and pro sports we hold so dear.

Don't support these savages. Emotional identification with an athlete is really dumb.

Also, notice the real stand up guys are either marginalized, driven out of pro sports or completely ridiculed:

Tim Tebow, Jeremy Lin, Shaun Bradley.
Notice how you conveniently managed to highlight only black athletes as rapists and murders then equate them to animals yet you wouldn’t dare mention rapists Ben Rothlisberger and Peyton Manning (also a known PED abuser) in the same category.

If you’re going to use the respectability argument at least mention a model citizen athlete that is actually a good player.. like Russell Wilson and Stephen Curry.

Last edited:

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed how you conveniently managed to highlight only black athletes as rapists and murders, equate them to animals yet you wouldn’t dare mention rapists Ben Rothlisberger and Peyton Manning in the same category.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/16/roethlisberger.incident/index.html

According to this CNN report, a police officer arrived immediately on the scene and asked the alleged victim if she had been raped. The alleged victim stated "no" twice. Then she changed her story and said "well, I'm not sure." I used the officer's name instead of 'he' because I assume you lack reading comprehension skills.

At about 2 a.m., the alleged victim and several of her friends left the club and approached a police officer outside, according to Lubatti. He radioed Sgt. Jerry Blash, who approached on foot.

According to Blash's case summary, "(Office Blash) asked [the alleged victim] if Roethlisberger had raped her and she stated, 'No, I did not know what was going on,' because she was intoxicated so much."

The summary said, "Blash indicated that he asked the victim, 'Did he rape you?', and the victim stated 'no.' Blash asked the victim if they had sex, and she responded by saying, 'Well, I'm not sure.' "

As far as manning, a witness claims there was no physical contact between the alleged victim and manning. The alleged victim also sent numerous threatening and profane messages to manning's mother and the witness. It's hard to say exactly what happened, but clearly manning acted in poor taste at the very least.

But we also know the alleged victim is mentally unstable, threatening and refused to take responsibility for her own actions as well, blaming ambien:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...ie-naughright-going-inside-edition/812552001/

So you're saying an alleged victim who twice stated point blank she was not raped was actually raped because you say so and she didn't?

Are you willing to believe a woman vs an eyewitness when it was the eyewitness and the accused's family who were threatened and harassed?

Your standard of proof is political correctness, not facts.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

According to this CNN report, a police officer arrived immediately on the scene and asked the alleged victim if she had been raped. The alleged victim stated "no" twice. Then she changed her story and said "well, I'm not sure." I used the officer's name instead of 'he' because I assume you lack reading comprehension skills.

At about 2 a.m., the alleged victim and several of her friends left the club and approached a police officer outside, according to Lubatti. He radioed Sgt. Jerry Blash, who approached on foot.

According to Blash's case summary, "(Office Blash) asked [the alleged victim] if Roethlisberger had raped her and she stated, 'No, I did not know what was going on,' because she was intoxicated so much."

The summary said, "Blash indicated that he asked the victim, 'Did he rape you?', and the victim stated 'no.' Blash asked the victim if they had sex, and she responded by saying, 'Well, I'm not sure.' "

As far as manning, a witness claims there was no physical contact between the alleged victim and manning. The alleged victim also sent numerous threatening and profane messages to manning's mother and the witness. It's hard to say exactly what happened, but clearly manning acted in poor taste at the very least.

But we also know the alleged victim is mentally unstable, threatening and refused to take responsibility for her own actions as well, blaming ambien:

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...ie-naughright-going-inside-edition/812552001/

So you're saying an alleged victim who twice stated point blank she was not raped was actually raped because you say so and she didn't?

Are you willing to believe a woman vs an eyewitness when it was the eyewitness and the accused's family who were threatened and harassed?

Sir, you have no credibility. Half your list is athletes who have been alleged in their misdeeds. The point is to call out your racist double standard BS. Then you cite Tim Tebow as the good guy while overlooking dozens of athletes that are far superior talent wise yet just as squeaking clean. Your distaste for sports via the behavior of athletes is clearly based on racial animus and nothing else. No logically consistency is no credibility.

longtail

Banned
Reaction score
Sir, you have no credibility. Half your list is athletes who have been alleged in their misdeeds. The point is to call out your racist double standard BS. Then you cite Tim Tebow as the good guy while overlooking dozens of athletes that are far superior talent wise yet just as squeaking clean. Your distaste for sports via the behavior of athletes is clearly based on racial animus and nothing else. No logically consistency is no credibility.
Keep ignoring the facts, loser. You tried to claim that manning and ben are rapists. Yet the alleged victim told the police herself immediately after the alleged crime that no crime ever took place. In your politically correct mind: no, no, and I'm not sure means she was raped. You, sir, are an idiot. :)

And ignore the fact that the manning alleged victim threatened and harassed both the eyewitness and manning's own mom, and acknowledged that she is a drug addict who can't control her own behavior. Yeah, super credible.

Mr. Redpill suddenly believes every woman's rape claim even when the women themselves say they haven't been raped. Talk about stupid.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is more of a vent. I can be a highly emotional competitive guy. Competition and winning and the quest for valor is in my DNA.Think: Brett Favre.

I've been a Chicago Bears fan since I was 4. I'm a die hard Bears mega fan. It's been 8 years since they were even in the playoffs.

Today, the Bears lost on the last play of the game when their kicker missed a very makeable field goal, at home.

We all have our teams. We relate to them as our "tribe" per our DNA, if we have a certain warrior gene, that is.

Ever been there? Story?
Yeah. I'm a Packers fan so I loved the game the other night, lol. (Funny you compare yourself with Favre, but then, nobody would go with the Jay Cutler comparison.) But we've had our share of lousy losses. See: 2007 and 2014 NFCCGs, 2009 and 2015 playoffs. I also hate it when we lose at Soldier Field, haha.

I like the us vs. them rivalries and the entertainment factor, but I always keep in mind that pro athletes are paid entertainers. They care (usually) about doing their jobs. There are some good men that have suited up, like Walter Payton or Bart Starr, guys who actually gave back. But overall, it's mercenary, so remember, they get paid no matter what.

If it makes you feel any better, that last kick was partially blocked by one of the Eagles.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep ignoring the facts, loser. You tried to claim that manning and ben are rapists.
No, you ignore the facts by claiming that such named black athletes are murderers and rapists (despite most of them being acquitted) yet are quick to immediately defend Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning for the same accusation. That's a double standard.

Yet the alleged victim told the police herself immediately after the alleged crime that no crime ever took place. In your politically correct mind: no, no, and I'm not sure means she was raped. You, sir, are an idiot. :)

And ignore the fact that the manning alleged victim threatened and harassed both the eyewitness and manning's own mom, and acknowledged that she is a drug addict who can't control her own behavior. Yeah, super credible.

Mr. Redpill suddenly believes every woman's rape claim even when the women themselves say they haven't been raped. Talk about stupid.
No, the point is your bigotry was sniffed out so quickly because it's obvious. Athletes as a whole are like any other group - there are good and bad people that are athletes. You only mentioned black athletes and called them savages and animals. Then you hold up Tim Tebow as poster boy. Tim Tebow was hated because he sucked at football, not because he was an All-American Christian man. Like I said, use a model-citizen that is actually good at their sport i.e. Russell Wilson or Stephen Curry. Racists like yourself can't help giving yourself away.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ever been there? Story?
You find the Bears soul crushing? I'm a Redskins fan...

Sunnypoo

Don Juan
Reaction score

Ever been there? Story?
Nope, I'm a lifelong patriots fan so I don't know what it's like to lose since 2001.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, I'm a lifelong patriots fan so I don't know what it's like to lose since 2001.
I've always liked and admired them. I don't always root for the Pats, but I never got the hate, unless you're a Jets/Bills/Fins die hard, or of some other big rival. I think it's really cool that they've been doing great for so long, and with Brady at 42 or whatever.