Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

New driving law in Canada

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/new-laws-cause-problems-lawyer-1.4952468

I heard about that law and i said to myself no big deal....

Until last Sunday.
Played Hockey that night and after we decided to go to the bar for a few beer.
I drank a little bit 4 beer maybe over 4 hrs for a 240lb guy thats nothing and my friend had about 10 so i decided to drive him home.

So out of nowhere i meet a cop and he stop me no reason at all, when i was talking to him an other cop car drive past us and stop an other random car for no reason.
I dont mind if they check ppl this is the time where ppl drive drunk.

Anyway the cop come to my car and ask me for my paper, i ask him why i was arrested he told me because i was driving the speed limit,WHAT BECAUSE I WAS DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT WTF.

So after a quick look at my paper he told me he was gonna make me get a breath analyser.
Again i ask him why do i look drunk to you? He says no but he has to test every car he stop that night.

Im still ok with this so far

But to give me that sobriety test he need me to get into the back seat of his car and before he can do that he need to do a personal search on me.
I had nothing to hide so i did not care.
But what would happened if i forgot something like a pocket knife in my pocket or a few $$K in cash
The situation could get out of hand fast.

Anyway it seems like that new law give the cop the right to do body search on anyone that drives.
This imo is not ok, and i can see lots of ppl getting shot by cop in the near future.
Some cop are trigger happy and if you act weird/fast movement they can get trigered.

That law is not constitutional imo
. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms says everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search.

i think Canadian should go the feminist route and say that those actions by cop make can traumatize them and make them feel violated.

so i got 0.1 on breath anylizer so i guess i can drink like 20 beer in 4 hr and still drive, thats good info lol

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Nah. Since it's a new law, they're enforcing it, but as time passes they'll adjust, cops r just regular dudes too trying to earn a decent living.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
idk man

I realy dont like they way its so easy to search someone.
They should not be able to do that imo, this is taking rights aways from ppl.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DUI law is one big scam and always has been. In rural counties like mine, the bulk of government revenue comes from fines and fees, not taxes, and the bulk of those are dui offenders. What a coincidence that "keeping you safe" makes the cops so much fvcking money.

And before some crying vagina chimes in that a drunk driver killed your family, #1 I don't care, and #2 it wasn't me. I've driven drunk hundreds of times and never hurt anyone. The idea that alcohol and driving is certain death is propaganda. Other countries that lack our authorization stance on the issue are not awash in dui fatalities. It's a big scam designed to make you voluntarily give up your rights to empower the police state.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DUI law is one big scam and always has been. In rural counties like mine, the bulk of government revenue comes from fines and fees, not taxes, and the bulk of those are dui offenders. What a coincidence that "keeping you safe" makes the cops so much fvcking money.

And before some crying vagina chimes in that a drunk driver killed your family, #1 I don't care, and #2 it wasn't me. I've driven drunk hundreds of times and never hurt anyone. The idea that alcohol and driving is certain death is propaganda. Other countries that lack our authorization stance on the issue are not awash in dui fatalities. It's a big scam designed to make you voluntarily give up your rights to empower the police state.
They like top overcompensate now in if you are higher than 0.49 its 7 days suspension and 500$ fine its rediculous.
Evryyear they are getting stricker and stricker, in the last 20 year DUI accident has not change and is quite low, but still going stricker and stricker

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The stats are all cooked, too. If a person crashes and dies while sober, but there is alcohol at the scene, as in they were coming home from the grocery store or maybe there was an old beer can in the back of the truck, then that gets listed as an "alcohol related fatality." They want the stats to be in their favor as evidence that we need strict laws.

There is a big industry in Illinois of taking away people's licenses and giving them back after a lot of money and hoops. I know an attorney who does nothing but reinstatement hearings. They usually force people to buy an in car breathalyzer at an ungodly expensive price. The thing goes off randomly and the driver has to stick his head under the dash to blow in it while driving, which is probably more dangerous than driving drunk.