Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Importance of Talking to Those You Disagree With

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too often I see people unwilling to carry on a conversation with someone they disagree with. I think part of it is an underlying fear that you might be wrong. No one likes being wrong.

Here is the problem. If you do not see other viewpoints, then you will never find out that you might be wrong. So, you will continue to be wrong on that issue or topic.

Let's say I think it is safe to not wear a seatbelt. My friend in the example tries to tell me why I should wear a seatbelt, but I don't want to hear it. I'm smart! I'm right! Then I get in a car accident and get thrown through a windshield. Maybe I should have listened. I may have realized my error when he showed me the girl recovering from a brain injury sustained after getting thrown from a car. Then I may have worn a seatbelt and been better off.

See, that is why having an open mind is important. Enter a conversation, debate, argument, etc. seeking the truth. You don't enter it to win.

That's my thought for the day.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think any two people think exactly alike. So if you only talk to people who totally agree with you, you'd never talk to anyone.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I think the problem is people get emotionally invested in their opinions. I used to be like that; in fact I would get angry and indignant. I learned to detach myself from the "issue" and try to listen to the other person. Repose. Maybe it comes with age...but then again a lot of old people are stubborn so who knows.

U

user43770

You used a bad example. Anybody that isn't a teenager, or an idiot, knows that they should wear a seatbelt.

It's good to debate people when you're young, I agree with that. You should figure out who you are. I did the same thing when I was your age. As I got older, I learned more about myself, and finally decided where I stood on matters.

I've reached a point where I rarely have mental revelations. You'll probably say that I'm set in my old ways; you might call it cognitive dissonance. I doubt you will mention wisdom, though.

FUN FACT: It's always a good idea to keep tabs on those that would like to see your downfall. If you're conservative, that means leftists. They are always thinking about how to make your life worse.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've reached a point where I rarely have mental revelations. You'll probably say that I'm set in my old ways; you might call it cognitive dissonance. I doubt you will mention wisdom, though.
No, it’s called willful ignorance. It happens to those who choose not to seek higher truth out of fear it may contradict their worldview.

FUN FACT: It's always a good idea to keep tabs on those that would like to see your downfall. If you're conservative, that means leftists. They are always thinking about how to make your life worse.
The problem with politics is when folks see “the other side” as mortal enemies. Your irrational fear of “leftists” is means it’s time to take a break from Fox News.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too often I see people unwilling to carry on a conversation with someone they disagree with. I think part of it is an underlying fear that you might be wrong. No one likes being wrong.

Here is the problem. If you do not see other viewpoints, then you will never find out that you might be wrong. So, you will continue to be wrong on that issue or topic.

Let's say I think it is safe to not wear a seatbelt. My friend in the example tries to tell me why I should wear a seatbelt, but I don't want to hear it. I'm smart! I'm right! Then I get in a car accident and get thrown through a windshield. Maybe I should have listened. I may have realized my error when he showed me the girl recovering from a brain injury sustained after getting thrown from a car. Then I may have worn a seatbelt and been better off.

See, that is why having an open mind is important. Enter a conversation, debate, argument, etc. seeking the truth. You don't enter it to win.

That's my thought for the day.
There is a PUA/ self help mentor called Sasha Daygame. I just found out about him recently. He did a video in which he does a street interview of a young radical college feminist. He was gentle with the questions but she still came off looking very bad. Her viewpoints on rape culture could not stand up to scrutiny. He challenged her belief system. She couldn't take it and got a lawyer to threaten Sasha to take down the video. This is typical of feminists. This is typical of apologist of any movement actually.

Hardcore feminist cling on to men being oppressive because of a traumatic experience with men in their past. It could have been a father, sexual partner or a male relative. Super hardcore MGTOW guys are holding on to trauma. Hardcore fundamental religious people are doing the same. The worldview is a safety blanket for the ego. Its an ego defense mechanism.

I don't think most people actually want to seek truth. They want an outlet for their trauma. A persons worldview is formed in order to justify the hurt and pain they feel. If you reveal the truth to them, this threatens them. The truth will force them to have to let go of the crutch they have been using.

U

user43770

No, it’s called willful ignorance. It happens to those who choose not to seek higher truth out of fear it may contradict their worldview.
Or when you've considered all the possible options and decided on one. Merry Christmas.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a PUA/ self help mentor called Sasha Daygame. I just found out about him recently. He did a video in which he does a street interview of a young radical college feminist. He was gentle with the questions but she still came off looking very bad. Her viewpoints on rape culture could not stand up to scrutiny. He challenged her belief system. She couldn't take it and got a lawyer to threaten Sasha to take down the video. This is typical of feminists. This is typical of apologist of any movement actually.

Hardcore feminist cling on to men being oppressive because of a traumatic experience with men in their past. It could have been a father, sexual partner or a male relative. Super hardcore MGTOW guys are holding on to trauma. Hardcore fundamental religious people are doing the same. The worldview is a safety blanket for the ego. Its an ego defense mechanism.

I don't think most people actually want to seek truth. They want an outlet for their trauma. A persons worldview is formed in order to justify the hurt and pain they feel. If you reveal the truth to them, this threatens them. The truth will force them to have to let go of the crutch they have been using.
That last paragraph is a slam fking dunk my friend.