Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Itchy beard

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Been too much in pain to shave with these stones, but I like how the beard is coming in. Looks distinguished. It's just very itchy. Any ideas on how to control the itch? I usually cannot grow it too much more, it's been about two weeks, as it becomes too itchy.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Babies need baby lotions to keep their sensitive skin well oiled, it helps prevent them from crying due to the itch.

Get urself some baby lotions.

I heard Lady's Choice is a popular brand.

U

user43770

I use jojoba oil for face/beard. Really comes in handy during the winter. You can find it cheap on amazon.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I picked up some beard oil and it seems to be helping with the itch. Do you guys shape the beard or just let it grow all over? I am also noticing acne where the beard is growing on the cheek areas of both sides. I normally wash my face with Dove Men's facial wash. Should I switch to something else?

U

user43770

I shape mine because I prefer a clean-cut look. It's a matter of preference.

The acne is probably due to irritation and might go away once it grows out a bit more.

You could try exfoliating a few times a week. Get yourself a baby brush and use it towards the end of a hot shower. I use one like this. Just make sure to let the bristles get soft while you're bathing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your new beard is trapping all the dead skin cells that could previously just fall/rub off. They close your pores and that leads to akne and itching.

Make sure you clean that thing. Washing well with plain water twice a day works well for me. You can also try hemp oil. Smoothens the hair and works mildly anti-septic as well.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I shape mine because I prefer a clean-cut look. It's a matter of preference.

The acne is probably due to irritation and might go away once it grows out a bit more.

You could try exfoliating a few times a week. Get yourself a baby brush and use it towards the end of a hot shower. I use one like this. Just make sure to let the bristles get soft while you're bathing.
Just released today. It's pretty scruffy now. I'll have it shaped next week I guess. I ordered a brush, so I should have everything I need then to clean it up.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I normally wash my face with Dove Men's facial wash. Should I switch to something else?
Yes. Happens to me after more than a few days growth that I get a lot of white flaking when I scratch itchy areas after I use the wrong kind of soap. The wrong soaps leave a residue at skin level that dry skin and are collected by the beard that don’t rinse out and cause itching.
If you deep scratch it and get flakes, it’s the soap…

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes. Happens to me after more than a few days growth that I get a lot of white flaking when I scratch itchy areas after I use the wrong kind of soap. The wrong soaps leave a residue at skin level that dry skin and are collected by the beard that don’t rinse out and cause itching.
If you deep scratch it and get flakes, it’s the sap…
It's calmed down a bit now, but my beard looks a bit like this:

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hemp oil seems to work well for maintenance.

I have trouble with dandruff from my beard in the Winter. I do ok with Selsun Blue- the bottle with the red lid.
There are different ones.