Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Married With Children

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out they have all of it on Hulu and I've only seen some of it. I know it's comedy but anyone else find any parallels to real life?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
David Faustino..""Bud"...actually tried to be a rapper in his time off set. The writers found out about it, and the bits in later shows where he insists upon being called Grand Master B are inside jokes. It was the writers forcing him to make fun of himself.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's great. Bud is hilarious with his blow up doll references.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a funny show, but with a lot of stupid humor too. Obviously the point was that Al Bundy was beaten down by family life and his job as a shoe salesman - literally kneeling before women to make a living. I remember he used to boast about having scored four touchdowns in one high school football game - the peak of his life came when he was a teenager.

One of my favorite episodes was when there was a neighborhood peeping tom terrorizing the women. Peggy was actually upset that she hadn't been peeped on yet and took it as an insult. Al decided to make her feel better by posing as the tom and peeping her. I'm sure you can imagine what ensued if you've ever watched a sitcom.

Another good one was when the family dog, Buck, got a credit card in the mail and the family went on a crazy spending spree with it. Nobody in the family was "good" (no Lisa Simpson). Also, how funny is it that the son's name was Bud, and then they went ahead and named the dog Buck - practically the same name. And @Bible_Belt I do remember Faustino's lame rapping career, and also when he tried to run a nightclub in LA. I'm in Spain now and one of the wines I buy at the store is called "Faustino" - makes me chuckle every time.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show when I was a teenager. As an adult, I actually find it offensive. It portrays Al as a male loser while his wife does and spends whatever the fvck she wants. I don't find it funny in real life, and that's why I don't watch the show anymore

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show when I was a teenager. As an adult, I actually find it offensive. It portrays Al as a male loser while his wife does and spends whatever the fvck she wants. I don't find it funny in real life, and that's why I don't watch the show anymore
The bumbling dad trope is far too predominant in television. You see it in cartoons, commercials, and shows featuring a family. That is one thing that does bother me. I still find other aspects of it funny as I do for family guy and at one time did for the Simpsons.

Are there accomplished fathers in television who can be admired as role models? I assume Bill Cosby was at one point before the actor was found to be a problem around women. Anything modern seems to just put men in a ridiculous role.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This show is classic! It's pretty spot on showing Al no longer being sexually attracted to a wife he's been with for years and has children with. He consistently is lusting over younger hot chicks. I've seen similar behavior with guys I've worked with who are also married with childen.

Aside from that I think he gives the most inspirational life speech I've ever heard:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a funny show, but with a lot of stupid humor too. Obviously the point was that Al Bundy was beaten down by family life and his job as a shoe salesman - literally kneeling before women to make a living. I remember he used to boast about having scored four touchdowns in one high school football game - the peak of his life came when he was a teenager.

One of my favorite episodes was when there was a neighborhood peeping tom terrorizing the women. Peggy was actually upset that she hadn't been peeped on yet and took it as an insult. Al decided to make her feel better by posing as the tom and peeping her. I'm sure you can imagine what ensued if you've ever watched a sitcom.

Another good one was when the family dog, Buck, got a credit card in the mail and the family went on a crazy spending spree with it. Nobody in the family was "good" (no Lisa Simpson). Also, how funny is it that the son's name was Bud, and then they went ahead and named the dog Buck - practically the same name. And @Bible_Belt I do remember Faustino's lame rapping career, and also when he tried to run a nightclub in LA. I'm in Spain now and one of the wines I buy at the store is called "Faustino" - makes me chuckle every time.
lol Dont forget he also started the No Maam group which could be argued was the impetus for the manosphere lol

Wanted to share another gem from Al

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got to hand it to Bud, he never gave up on women. 5' 3" and scrawny and he keeps after girls the best he can. He even succeeds from time to time. He doesn't go mgtow, he doesn't go black pill incel, he keeps at it and goes for the gold.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got to hand it to Bud, he never gave up on women. 5' 3" and scrawny and he keeps after girls the best he can. He even succeeds from time to time. He doesn't go mgtow, he doesn't go black pill incel, he keeps at it and goes for the gold.
Its a number game.. truest paradigm there is.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Absolutely true, despite the fact that his hot sister kept making fun of him and talking down to him.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely true, despite the fact that his hot sister kept making fun of him and talking down to him.
Christina Applegate was a piece of ass back then, I've rubbed a few off to her

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Christina Applegate was a piece of ass back then, I've rubbed a few off to her
Yeah I was always happy to see Kelly after the first few seasons.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome (along with boy meets world)can never get tired of watching it

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome (along with boy meets world)can never get tired of watching it
I powered through every episode since I've never seen most of it before and it was on Hulu. As for Boy Meets World that one brings back memories. Feeny fe-hee-hee-hee-heeny.