"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

One night stand during breakup told my girlfriend

GazT18

New Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Been with this girl 8 months after a month I found out her brother she lived with abused her so I told her move in with me til she got her own place. I like my own space so I knew it was going to be hard.

6 months later she got her own place soon as she moved out I finished with her. In the week we split up I slept with another girl then got back with my girlfriend. The girl I slept with didn’t take it well and told my girlfriend. She immediately finished with me and blocked me on everything.

I left her to it 3 weeks later she unblocked me so I messaged her to see if she’s ok and she asked me to meet her to discuss. Went home and she text me saying she loves me but doesn’t trust me anymore.

What’s the best way to go about this?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
It’s ruined, trust issues and arguing for the foreseeable future.

You banged a girl while single, if you couldn’t get hold of that situation and make your ex see the light then there’s no hope here
 

GazT18

New Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
33
I wish you were right. She hasn’t got an argument in her. She avoids confrontation and prefers to ignore.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Why you want a soulless humanoid like that? Go find you a woman who can express and live, that’s really living.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Been with this girl 8 months after a month I found out her brother she lived with abused her so I told her move in with me til she got her own place. I like my own space so I knew it was going to be hard.

6 months later she got her own place soon as she moved out I finished with her. In the week we split up I slept with another girl then got back with my girlfriend. The girl I slept with didn’t take it well and told my girlfriend. She immediately finished with me and blocked me on everything.

I left her to it 3 weeks later she unblocked me so I messaged her to see if she’s ok and she asked me to meet her to discuss. Went home and she text me saying she loves me but doesn’t trust me anymore.

What’s the best way to go about this?
If u participate in any discussion, you'll end up compromising ur frame.

Best way, since it's her request, is to meet up and just listen to her. Offer no apologies nor promise anything. If she accuses you of not participating, tell her that u r listening and then will need time to digest what she has said.

Hold on to ur frame. Lose it, you've lost power in that relationship and then u r fvcked.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2016
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
1,219
Age
41
If u participate in any discussion, you'll end up compromising ur frame.

Best way, since it's her request, is to meet up and just listen to her. Offer no apologies nor promise anything. If she accuses you of not participating, tell her that u r listening and then will need time to digest what she has said.

Hold on to ur frame. Lose it, you've lost power in that relationship and then u r fvcked.
You can approach these issues and do both. You can listen and understand a woman, reassure her that you care about her and yet, not apologize and stay firm that you did nothing wrong. I have these conversations with my girlfriend from time to time.

"I'm sorry you're upset that I saw someone else but we were broken up. It's not fair for you not to trust me when I did nothing wrong. I was faithful to you while we were together. I care about you and want to give us another shot but if you can't get past this jealousy then so be it."

Curious if any DJ's see a problem with this line of thinking, actually. I think it's bang on. It's firm, understand and shows a willingness to walk away if she doesn't change her behavior to suit your ideas of what is fair, all from a place of strength and understanding. Am I on the money?
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Been with this girl 8 months after a month I found out her brother she lived with abused her so I told her move in with me til she got her own place. I like my own space so I knew it was going to be hard.

6 months later she got her own place soon as she moved out I finished with her. In the week we split up I slept with another girl then got back with my girlfriend. The girl I slept with didn’t take it well and told my girlfriend. She immediately finished with me and blocked me on everything.

I left her to it 3 weeks later she unblocked me so I messaged her to see if she’s ok and she asked me to meet her to discuss. Went home and she text me saying she loves me but doesn’t trust me anymore.

What’s the best way to go about this?
Start smashing hotter girls.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You can approach these issues and do both. You can listen and understand a woman, reassure her that you care about her and yet, not apologize and stay firm that you did nothing wrong. I have these conversations with my girlfriend from time to time.

"I'm sorry you're upset that I saw someone else but we were broken up. It's not fair for you not to trust me when I did nothing wrong. I was faithful to you while we were together. I care about you and want to give us another shot but if you can't get past this jealousy then so be it."

Curious if any DJ's see a problem with this line of thinking, actually. I think it's bang on. It's firm, understand and shows a willingness to walk away if she doesn't change her behavior to suit your ideas of what is fair, all from a place of strength and understanding. Am I on the money?
The moment you give something in or even perceived as winning in a discussion with a women u r in a relationship with is the moment you actually lose.

It might seem logical from a man's standpoint but it's deemed as breaking a woman's frame. She will want to reaffirm her frame, perhaps not at that point but at a much later date - she will come back with an accumulation of perceived misdeeds that you did which doesn't make any sense to you.

The more she "loses" the more you lose. You did not win anything.

You cannot win in any discussion with a female lover. That's their playground under their rules.

Women give men the illusion that man is in control, when it is them pulling the strings.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
In the week we split up I slept with another girl then got back with my girlfriend. The girl I slept with didn’t take it well and told my girlfriend.
Never bang a girl that is aware of another girl’s existence in your life and if they don’t know about each other, keep your mouth shut about it…
 
Last edited:

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
This would my discussion with her:

1.) I was single. We were not together at the time.

2.) It happened. Its not the end of the world.

You dont need to explain what you did or why you did it because you were single. Its really none of her business. Just own it and stay in frame.

"Yes I had sex with ______. We were not together when it happened. No we are not talking about it now or ever. If its that destructive on us then we should immediately end this and go date other people".

At that point you cant control her but be aware that she WILL hold it against you if you decide to stay together. Do you really want to deal with that shyte when it is sooo easy to find someone new to date without this drama?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top