Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm new. Made a discovery about eye contact

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I have found myself unable to approach women. I have decided to change that. So, I was walking through the mall yesterday just to practice eye contact. I noticed something. Most men can't hold eye contact. They look down. Made me realize I'm not the only one struggling with the issue.

My plan is to practice eye contact.
Talk to store clerks.
Talk to men I've never met.
Talk to unattractive women.
Talk to attractive women.

I plan to take baby steps instead of trying to slay the dragon immediately. Been listening to audio of the Book of Pook as well.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, I have found myself unable to approach women. I have decided to change that. So, I was walking through the mall yesterday just to practice eye contact. I noticed something. Most men can't hold eye contact. They look down. Made me realize I'm not the only one struggling with the issue.

Talk to store clerks.

I plan to take baby steps instead of trying to slay the dragon immediately. Been listening to audio of the Book of Pook as well.
You need to do whatever you need mentally so you don't over value a "attractive" chick more than one whose not attractive. The gift wrapping doesn't matter.

The other main point is you don't need to pursue women . When they are interested they will make you aware .

CamCam

Don Juan
Reaction score

Talk to store clerks.

Eye contact is so powerful. I'm realizing the same thing. I was reading the DJ bible, and eye contact was mentioned. And then the idea to think sexual thoughts about the girl you are making eye contact with etc..

Well I did that at crossfit yesterday, when my eyes met with a cute girl there. And she held it long and grinned, then chatted me up for like ten minutes after class. So powerful man, so powerful; I'm in awe what differences the smallest changes make

CamCam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably the most useful thing that I heard on the subject was to look into someone's eyes as though you are getting a sense for the colour. It's actually pretty crazy how you can be talking to someone, and then afterwards not even know what the colour of their eyes was at all. Give it a try.
Neil Strauss mentions exactly that in his book; "Rules of the Game"

He has little missions he sets the reader out on, to improve things over the period of a month or so.

"Mission 3: Look into their eyes

Your field assignment today is to go out and make small talk with five more strangers.
But, this time, there's one more thing you need to do: make eye contact with each person.
Record his or her eye color...." etc

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The time I remember being the most confident in my life was when I was in my early 20s. I joined a local PUA group. I sarged several times a week at bars and clubs.

I have a thread on this forum called "Approachzilla" if you're interested.

I made so many approaches back then that I got really good at holding eye contact with most people.

It's amazing what holding eye contact does for your self-esteem. Keep it up, OP!

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Talk to store clerks.

Try food delivery. I do this all day long, and it's still a challenge.

Reading people, within seconds, is getting easier though. :D

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started doing that years ago because I often found myself unable to look into girls eyes that I liked when I was out and about. Don't have that problem anymore and I always look at them. Sometimes you'll get those who look directly at you and smile.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try food delivery. I do this all day long, and it's still a challenge.

Reading people, within seconds, is getting easier though. :D
Yeah, I signed up for Postmates and Doordash to try them out for making extra $.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I signed up for Postmates and Doordash to try them out for making extra $.
Good, expect problems and hard work but, things will average out in the end. I've met countless people and have found some really good places to eat.