Mastery

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mastery by the first definition quoted implies a skill that is developed. A proficiency that can be achieved.

But what you are implying here is really just discipline. Discipline is simply something you have or do not have. It is not really a skill. There may be variations in how disciplined one can be, but it is not something you become better at by studying, practicing and generally "mastering".

It is something you either do or don't do.

?
When you practice a discipline you become stronger. So for example, I might decide I need to discipline myself from using the internet every ten minutes. I will feel the impulse but check it one way or the other. This helps to create something like 'impulse control', and after a while I definitely gain something. After practicing some sort of discipline, I might be able to even have an internet free day from time to time... like a money free day. Not only are you building better habits here, but you are also altering your inner state... your desire, your urge.

Self mastery and self discipline go hand in hand imo.

If it is something you can do consistently, then that is because your desire for it and the results it can bring are strong. Desire in turn is also not mastered. It is not a skill. You either have it or you don't.
I see it more in terms of the moderation of desire. Self mastery/ discipline is bringing desire under control.

In light of that, I would say you are speaking more in terms of the second definition of mastery: control.
Well, it's probably both, through the exercise of a discipline, you gain a skill/ ability/ capacity [1st meaning] whereby you can control yourself. This duplicity of meaning probably reflects the duplicity of our selves.... in the sense of the double nature of ourselves.

When we seek control, it is because we believe we are lacking it. But this too is a desire and not a skill. It is something you want or do not. And like discipline, there are varying degrees to the extent one can control something, be it themselves or otherwise, and that will depend on the extent of your desires and the amount of effort put forth.
Agree with this. arguably, our will could be defined as rational desire. We desire to do one thing, but lacking the control or power, we do another. Psychologically, there is a separation of powers/ desires within us. Self mastery is about having rational desire win out over irrational desire.

When it comes to women, there are certainly qualities of the man himself that can draw women in, but if you do not approach, if you do not pursue, if you pass instead of act, you are not developing those particular social skills that will result through trial and error; through failure.

I can master a physique. I can master a career. I can master many things. But it does not mean I will possess any kind of mastery in regards to women. Attraction is only half of the battle. Dealing with women is the other half, and there is no substitute for that. It is something you either do or you don't do
Yep, what I'm referring to on this thread is not about mastery over women, but mastery over self. That is the priority... because without this inner strength, men are more often than not already mastered by women.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mastery by the first definition quoted implies a skill that is developed. A proficiency that can be achieved.

But what you are implying here is really just discipline. Discipline is simply something you have or do not have. It is not really a skill. There may be variations in how disciplined one can be, but it is not something you become better at by studying, practicing and generally "mastering".

It is something you either do or don't do.

If it is something you can do consistently, then that is because your desire for it and the results it can bring are strong. Desire in turn is also not mastered. It is not a skill. You either have it or you don't.

Putting any of these qualities in light of mastery is simply acknowledging an absence of doing things or possessing motivation. You are saying to yourself you lack these qualities and must obtain them. That's a good thing, but it is not an effort to master anything. It is a plan to do where you don't. It is an effort to act rather than pass.

In light of that, I would say you are speaking more in terms of the second definition of mastery: control.

When we seek control, it is because we believe we are lacking it. But this too is a desire and not a skill. It is something you want or do not. And like discipline, there are varying degrees to the extent one can control something, be it themselves or otherwise, and that will depend on the extent of your desires and the amount of effort put forth.

Mastery may come as a result of doing, it may come as the product of effort and desire, it can lead to many proficiencies and skills, but these are all results that come from simplicity between two absolutes: doing or not doing, action or no action, swim or sink.

When it comes to women, there are certainly qualities of the man himself that can draw women in, but if you do not approach, if you do not pursue, if you pass instead of act, you are not developing those particular social skills that will result through trial and error; through failure.

I can master a physique. I can master a career. I can master many things. But it does not mean I will possess any kind of mastery in regards to women. Attraction is only half of the battle. Dealing with women is the other half, and there is no substitute for that. It is something you either do or you don't do.
Yep women is a completely separate skill .

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw a break may be needed if all the rest of your stuff is degraded . In bigdave17 position I think he needs a short break. Women were using him as a friend they don't have to fvck . He needs to remove that option and only validate women who give him sex, and validate them sparingly .

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
So it's about not dating?

And people wonder why i'm sometimes confused.

This is a far cry from the old saying of "spin more plates". Which was about men having options. That was literally in every thread when i joined. The scene has changed dramatically.

Eh, no hate to you. Just not my cup of tea. And in a different context, i'm sure you're a decent guy. But under this context? Not into this at all, and guess i'm offering some counterpoint then.
I think he’s just trying to say have your stuff together before you start asking out girl after girl after girl. If you are constantly getting rejected, obviously you are doing something wrong; looks, approach, dress, etc. Get it solved then approach.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2.control or superiority over someone or something."man's mastery over nature"
synonyms: control, domination, command, ascendancy, supremacy, preeminence, superiority; More

I have the first meaning here in mind.
Interesting, when I was reading those definitions it was the second that jumped out at me. I see you are talking more about "inner game". But I keep thinking about how Rollo always used to talk about dealing with women with "Amused Mastery". He was talking about being dominant and superior. I remember him also posting about having "Command Presence". But the basic principle of men being leaders and dominant fit into that second definition.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he’s just trying to say have your stuff together before you start asking out girl after girl after girl. If you are constantly getting rejected, obviously you are doing something wrong; looks, approach, dress, etc. Get it solved then approach.
If you have a reliable source of pvssy start fvcking it. It takes away neediness and allow you to move in a lascmascu frame.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many men who possess inner strengths which allow them to master or control their internet usage, career aspirations and countless other such impulses, desires, etc., but are still being mastered by women nonetheless.

If you want to restrict this topic entirely to the self, that's fine. But there is very little correlation with women. These forms of mastery, skills, discipline...whatever you want to call it, does not prepare a man for dealing with women themselves.
This is the whole point of the thread. That men can control/ restrain/ master/ subordinate this urge. And in doing so, it puts them in a position of power. Insofar as they fail to do this, women are empowered at their expense.

This seems to me such a common sense point that I am left scratching my head as to why it is lost on so many. I think the reasons for this is that today the urge has been so normalized in our sex-obsessed culture that we struggle to think outside this 'frame'. It is a paradigm through which we interpret our world. But part of being a self-determined man is to reject the common paradigm and to think critically for ourselves. The other explanation is linked to this. We love our urges.. they give us a high... they are addictive... and so we justify them in some paradigm because it is so much easier. Any cognitive dissonance is resolved in pure cognition, in an ideology. But there will always be the gnawing doubt, of the better self, that this is a form of 'bad faith'.

In so far as 'preparation' for women goes, I think an ethical training is essential to the process. There are two polarities to attraction - the object of desire, and desire itself. and, though difficult, we can do a lot about the desire we feel ourselves. This is what self-mastery is about.

It attracts them, yes. No question. But attracting women does not mean you can handle them or have any proficiency in self discipline with them.

That is something that must be developed via direct interaction.

What I am essentially against here is any idea that one is going to translate into the other; that by taking a break from women and focusing on yourself that it is going to prepare you for women in any way. It doesn't.
Yes, I think they are distinct activites/ undertakings, and that one need not eat up the other. I remember in my more beta days being over-whelmed by the sexiness of a woman. Now I can simply appreciate it, if she is truly beautiful, and have a decent conversation with her, or be turned of by it if she is just flaunting her 'hotness'. It's like the recalibration of desire to its rightful object.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, when I was reading those definitions it was the second that jumped out at me. I see you are talking more about "inner game". But I keep thinking about how Rollo always used to talk about dealing with women with "Amused Mastery". He was talking about being dominant and superior. I remember him also posting about having "Command Presence". But the basic principle of men being leaders and dominant fit into that second definition.
Yes, this has been diagnosed as the 'libido domandi' the desire to dominate. In our post-Nietzschean [the will to power] culture this has pretty much been normalized. But I think there is some strange kind of Faustian pact involved with it..... in gaining this kind of power, we lose something of our humanity... we become disempowered in our self, where our desires get the better of us.

CamCam

Don Juan
Reaction score
But do you see how "spin more plates" is a more reaffirming message on a dating forum whilst dating, than "be celibate"?

And you can't get much more reductive than a philosophy which makes a point to expell the subject of women, in a discussion about our relations with them.

Just completely absurd and self-indulgent.
Spinning more plates is the only thing that really resonates with me; it makes so much logical sense. Not only is it logical in theory, but it actually makes me FEEL better. I can feel totally down and out, in despair about my prospects. But then I get a few plates going, and the day that had no sunshine suddenly appears different, more positive.

I'll admit, when I found out about #MGTOW, I thought that was it, and I played along for a few months. But in being honest with myself, that was more vengeful thinking rather than problem solving. I wanted to punish women for under appreciating me, with my absence. Surprise, they didn't notice I was gone. Was I going to let the world beat me down? **** no. I was going to fix me, and here I am to at least make my best attempt.

Hiding from women feels like submitting to their over-empowerment. Become more powerful than them - (through ever more options for yourself)

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmm let’s see...

At 11, I began thinking about change. At 12, I actually began reprogramming my mind. At 13, I had completed it, transitioned from child to adolescent, and tried to have a basic understanding of social dynamics. At 14, I embraced he ability of how not to care, like an on/off switch. At 15, I reprogrammed again, unintentionally, and inadvertently gave myself high self esteem, extreme confidence, shamelessness, and taught myself the the basics of just doing. At 16, I taught myself strength, masculinity, and discipline/determination; it was mostly just general improvement, but I learned how to be extremely aggressive and do whatever I want. At 17, I began doing a LOT of psychoanalysis work (without realizing either) to make sense of negative feelings and to help rationalize the hardships that were happening.

By 18, I had done everything I could to manage myself and make it through life, but stuff just got too hard; the last option was to get tougher. I was very mentally strong, and still am. But not tough. That’s different. I decided that I had to get tougher. But that inadvertently began to turn me into a really evil, wicked person (or rather it unlocked the gates that held me back...). Something pulled me back though. Don’t know what. And later on, something else happened too that I felt was only via the divine.

Now I’m 19, and I know what I have to do. I’m getting stuff together, and when school starts up this fall, if I am able to make the team again, then I will be flourishing. Hopefully through God’s will, I shall.

My mastery over myself is greater than almost anyone even 20 years older than me.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing helps you master your passions more than experience.

@ChristopherColumbus , your problem is that your have no mastery over your Introverted Feeling Jungian function. Its bias completely dominates your perspective.

The fact is that sexuality is more in the realm of the evil demiurge, women being the draw on men to abandon philosophy and idealism for materialism and practicality.

Even if you meet a unicorn type woman you are going to be spending all of your time changing diapers, working some job you hate to pay for vacations only she really wanted, and talking to the In-laws about the weather in short order. You are actually conflating things that are virtually zero sum.

This site has always recognized that material Improvement is what attracts women, even intellectual women and high character women. That includes so-called frame and inner game when we might prefer just to act in our nature which works just fine when we are alone.

In fact I spent a with intelligent highly educated intellectual women who barely recognized my existence until I took my shirt off lol. thanks

As @da dynamically said, being a no life Seducer who has no hobbies but drinking whiskey and running game will be more successful than some guy with a bunch of hobbies but no skill set.

Now, if you want to forego optimal success with women in favor of philosophy and values, I'm not going to tell you that that is wrong. It just has nothing to do with women.

If you have a bias towards philosophy and values, I have a bias towards forgoing all of my philosophy and values for what is ruthlessly practical. I can't say that I haven't suffered for doing that, losing much of myself, but in some respects giving up the esoteric for the worldly materialism has given me more leverage to attract women that will at least tolerate the esoteric going forward, the parts I can't remove. I'm not necessarily saying you will be happy you're doing this but you will be more successful with women. It's been a decade since I was a self-loathing self-righteous incel so there has been time for the grass to seem greener lol.
I do not see it in either/ or terms like that.

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
"
[Introverted Feeling] is a judging function where the individual makes decisions based on their own personal value system.

Thus people with a dominant Introverted Feeling function will normally be making decisions based on emotions rather than objective facts and data.

Most of us make decisions based on our own personal value system...do we not?

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not when they contradict objective facts and data
There is no such thing as pure objectivity. When someone claims they are purely objective, they are usually espousing some ideology and marginalizing the other. This is not the rational way forward.

A big part of the problem today is that the distinction we can make between facts and values has opened up into a huge dichotomy, where the world of facts and objectivity in turn swallow the world of values - ideology swamps culture. But the fact is we are more than this ideological self aka the ego. The ego lies superficially on our passions... reason is itself a passion.

The task of self-mastery is to bring the various elements of ourselves into harmonious alignment. We will then enter into a flow state with the universal force of eros, in need of no repression on the one hand, nor galloping out of control on the other. Back to Plato!

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mastery is not that hard to understand. It is to become a better man. A more valuable man. Changing yourself to a better one.

When I was a teenager, as was crazy about a blond girl. She was really so beautiful! She was that angelical type, green eyes, skinny and beauty. I dream to me. (She had, also, a twin sister). So, there was a situation whem I could go out with her and some other friends (I took my dad's car to take them at home), and tried everything I know that time to be with her. But I was DUMPED, and I saw her kissing other guy in the front of my eyes. That hurted a lot...

This example is no different of what happened to a lot of guys here. But take a look what happened next. I do NOT stayed the same.

I kept my training on the gym 5 days a week, and got my body better. I got a nice paying job, so I could finance a house and buy a nice car. I turned my house into a nice place to be, with stereo, video, and always with things to eat or cook and drink (beer, wine, vodka, whisky, tequila, etc...). I could buy cool outfits. I could sometimes pay a good place to have a dinner or a good party. I became a better man day by day. And, at that time, I didn't know nothing about the manosphere.

Some years have passed and... what happened, in a nutshell? I got that blond girl I always dreamed of, to the envy of many. I stayed with her for about a year. Her twin sister had come with us for some fun in my house sometimes, and... in the end, I had a mannage ménage à trois with her and her twin sister. After some months I dumped both for better stuff ahead.

My example shows that you CAN better yourself, and have better results. Some changes can be made today, but some can take some years to take effect. The fact is that you must, like pook said, unite day and dream. This means that, the man you want to be need to be constructed day by day. Wanna a better body? Go to the gym. Wanna a better job? Go for it, study. Wanna have your own businnes? Make it happen, study the field you want to work in, etc...

Today I'm a guy that - very different from my teenager time - have options, have girls to choose. Why? Because, now, girls want to be with me, c'os now I'm a nice catch. There are girls that have more hadsome guys than me to be with, but they choose me. Why? Because I don't stayed the same, I'm always changing ant trying to be a better man. Reading, studing, working out... always. Girls are not dumb. They know the guy that can give them more. That's why the choose me, that's why I have options. I just turned myself into a nice catch.

This do not mean that I can have all the girls I want. Far from that. But you know what? I don't care when I got dumped today, c'os I have my plates to spin, I never sleep alone (except when I want).

I also want to say to the newcomer DJ's that a hot girl is not all. I had been with 8, 9 HB, and, besides their beauty, they are NOT perfect girls. They are normal people, and have flaws and things that you do NOT want in a LTR. In a nutshell: do not choose a girl just because she's hot. To have some sex it's ok, but if you wanna a good LTR, be more picky. Do not be in a bad relationship just because she's hot.

The real thing you must fight against is your own mediocrity and laziness.

If you are in the path of self improovement, don't care about the others say. Just keep it up. Results will come. Endure!!!

Last edited:

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mastery is not that hard to understand. It is to become a better man. A more valuable man. Changing yourself to a better one.

When I was a teenager, as was crazy about a blond girl. She was really so beautiful! She was that angelical type, green eyes, skinny and beauty. I dream to me. (She had, also, a twin sister). So, there was a situation whem I could go out with her and some other friends (I took my dad's car to take them at home), and tried everything I know that time to be with her. But I was DUMPED, and I saw her kissing other guy in the front of my eyes. That hurted a lot...

This example is no different of what happened to a lot of guys here. But take a look what happened next. I do NOT stayed the same.

I kept my training on the gym 5 days a week, and got my body better. I got a nice paying job, so I could finance a house and buy a nice car. I turned my house into a nice place to be, with stereo, video, and always with things to eat or cook and drink (beer, wine, vodka, whisky, tequila, etc...). I could buy cool outfits. I could sometimes pay a good place to have a dinner or a good party. I became a better man day by day. And, at that time, I didn't know nothing about the manosphere.

Some years have passed and... what happened, in a nutshell? I got that blond girl I always dreamed of, to the envy of many. I stayed with her for about a year. Her twin sister had come with us for some fun in my house sometimes, and... in the end, I had a mannage ménage à trois with her and her twin sister. After some months I dumped both for better stuff ahead.

My example shows that you CAN better yourself, and have better results. Some changes can be made today, but some can take some years to take effect. The fact is that you must, like pook said, unite day and dream. This means that, the man you want to be need to be constructed day by day. Wanna a better body? Go to the gym. Wanna a better job? Go for it, study. Wanna have your own businnes? Make it happen, study the field you want to work in, etc...

Today I'm a guy that - very different from my teenager time - have options, have girls to choose. Why? Because, now, girls want to be with me, c'os now I'm a nice catch. There are girls that have more hadsome guys than me to be with, but they choose me. Why? Because I don't stayed the same, I'm always changing ant trying to be a better man. Reading, studing, working out... always. Girls are not dumb. They know the guy that can give them more. That's why the choose me, that's why I have options. I just turned myself into a nice catch.

This do not mean that I can have all the girls I want. Far from that. But you know what? I don't care when I got dumped today, c'os I have my plates to spin, I never sleep alone (except when I want).

I also want to say to the newcomer DJ's that a hot girl is not all. I had been with 8, 9 HB, and, besides their beauty, they are NOT perfect girls. They are normal people, and have flaws and things that you do NOT want in a LTR. In a nutshell: do not choose a girl just because she's hot. To have some sex it's ok, but if you wanna a good LTR, be more picky. Do not be in a bad relationship just because she's hot.

The real thing you must fight against is your own mediocrity and laziness.

If you are in the path of self improovement, don't care about the others say. Just keep it up. Results will come. Endure!!!
Aim to be the baddest MF'er in the room...good post. I think this is what Christopher was trying to get across.

Far too many guys base their entire being on gaining the approval of women. I was there as well. Mastery of self to me means that I have clarity of purpose. I know what I want, why I want it, and the knowledge that I control whether or not I get it.

Lots of guys have good paying jobs but they still abide by the script. They don't know who they are half the time. I'm still learning more about myself daily.

Mastery of self = Clarity of Purpose

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But if there were such a thing you would still reject it because you are emotionally driven
Well, I like to think I am very rational.... read my last few posts. Of course, there are differing forms of rationality. I'm quite critical of rationalism, which I equate with ideology. The essence of which is the retreat of the ego, or its isolation, from inner instincts and larger forces which might serve to orientate it properly... aesthetic, erotic, ethical etc. What's lacking in rationalism is the unity of the self... it is a self alienation, which is why we lack self-mastery/ self-discipline.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-Mastery involves knowing yourself and the world around. With this knowledge and discipline, you can go VERY far. By knowing yourself, you see your weak points, and the strong ones. So you can work to take the most advantage of your strengh, and reduce or eliminate the effects of your weak flank. Knowing the World around, you see the game, the players, you can read their minds. And, then, you can make your own plan to win. A determinated guy can make the impossible today, become possible tomorrow. It's the right ideas and the right attitude, action. I just can tell you guys that this really works. But do not believe me. Try yourself and see for yourself if it's true or not.

"I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it" (Morpheus/The Matrix)"

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In fact I spent a with intelligent highly educated intellectual women who barely recognized my existence until I took my shirt off lol. thanks
That’s how I got out of the friend zone with some chicks back when I was a wuss lmao. It’s like they saw a whole different me.
If you have a bias towards philosophy and values, I have a bias towards forgoing all of my philosophy and values for what is ruthlessly practical. I can't say that I haven't suffered for doing that, losing much of myself, but in some respects giving up the esoteric for the worldly materialism has given me more leverage to attract women that will at least tolerate the esoteric going forward, the parts I can't remove. I'm not necessarily saying you will be happy you're doing this but you will be more successful with women. It's been a decade since I was a self-loathing self-righteous incel so there has been time for the grass to seem greener lol.
Sounds like Faust to me. I think this is due to a lack of a fuller understanding of human nature. The problem is, I’m not able to put it into words as well. But the same knowledge that many have to sell their soul to achieve (or give up the esoteric, forego morals, etc. ), I have been able to achieve without doing all that. It’s out me through hardships that almost destroyed me and my whole family tbh, but it’s made me stronger and wiser in ways that helped me able to save it. Just saved my brother, my older sister, my dad, and maybe even my own life too with this. But if I had gained this through the same means many here have, then I become embittered about it all and wouldn’t have desire to do anything. I just see the answer and say ‘this is the way’ and not tell anyone why, and have them take it or leave it because it’s not worth the time to try and make them see if they can’t. But when given a fuller wisdom, one can make them see and understand.

I’m babbling. But I’m saying that you don’t have to give up any part of yourself for this. Rather, you EXPRESS your full self in a different way. That’s why Pook said to be a stronger/better version of yourself. It’s still you, just expressed in a stronger way (which generates attraction) and is still YOU in the end. Power can be corrupting. TRYING to gain that much strength in order to meet your goals can make you bitter (though having it itself, not necessarily so) and thus an evil person, hence why a lot of powerful people might seem like bad or evil people. They got that strong THROUGH that badness. My brother and I could NOT do this alone, we couldn’t get this much stronger alone while keeping ourselves intact. I held him together, but I was only able to do so because some other force held me together on the day I would changed.

If you recall from Bradd80’s last post during his craziness bout, he said that the strongest man is the man alone. This is true, but only because he has to be. It’s not optimal, and in order to remain that way, you will need to lose a part of your humanity. You CANNOT do this alone. You need to surround yourself with like-minded people. Gain back your full self, and keep people who are like you in your life. Those people will keep you anchored. Only problem is, no one is really like all of us here.... I don’t know, I didn’t have to lose any part of myself to gain what I have now. It’s made me stronger and tougher after the fact too.

Magotrox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m babbling. But I’m saying that you don’t have to give up any part of yourself for this. Rather, you EXPRESS your full self in a different way. That’s why Pook said to be a stronger/better version of yourself. It’s still you, just expressed in a stronger way (which generates attraction) and is still YOU in the end. Power can be corrupting. TRYING to gain that much strength in order to meet your goals can make you bitter (though having it itself, not necessarily so) and thus an evil person, hence why a lot of powerful people might seem like bad or evil people. They got that strong THROUGH that badness. My brother and I could NOT do this alone, we couldn’t get this much stronger alone while keeping ourselves intact. I held him together, but I was only able to do so because some other force held me together on the day I would changed.

If you recall from Bradd80’s last post during his craziness bout, he said that the strongest man is the man alone. This is true, but only because he has to be. It’s not optimal, and in order to remain that way, you will need to lose a part of your humanity. You CANNOT do this alone. You need to surround yourself with like-minded people. Gain back your full self, and keep people who are like you in your life. Those people will keep you anchored. Only problem is, no one is really like all of us here.... I don’t know, I didn’t have to lose any part of myself to gain what I have now. It’s made me stronger and tougher after the fact too.
You're right. But becoming a man has sad things you must face. You discover that, in the end, is a savage war for resources. All you can do is to be an army of one man, and make your way throught it, or just accept the crumb that rest in the world for you. You realise that boys can cry, but a man can't. Women and children can be careless, but man can't (this last one is from Don Vito Corleone in "The Godfather"). Otherwise, will face the consequences of being weak.

Besides that, in a war of power (in the concrete jungle), sometimes you will need to be merciless. Using power to opress the weak would turn you into an evil person, into an injust one. But I see no wrong in being tough facing people that don't respect you, and are in your way in a not fair fashion to make you suffer and fail. Of course you must find a balance in all of it, being a soldier has the right time and the right hour to take action. But when the moment comes, it's just like Bradd80's said: it's you against the world. Part of your humanity goes, and I think it is a natural process in the change between the kid and the soldier, the nice guy and the man. No matter how good things there are around, the world still a dangerous place, and in a dangerous place, it is better to be ready for what comes. It's like an old song (Forever Young, by Alphaville) says: "hoping for the best, but expecting the worst". Enjoy the life as much as you can, but always be ready for the worst.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You realise that boys can cry, but a man can't. Women and children can be careless, but man can't (this last one is from Don Vito Corleone in "The Godfather"). Otherwise, will face the consequences of being weak.
All this just is. It’s what men do, our predetermined role. We aren’t as good as nurturing as women are on a general level. They aren’t as good at gaining resources like us either. Women were biologically programmed to take. You can see it on one of those survival reality tv shows where it’s men vs women. Men always build stuff and get everything set and get to work right away, women think it’s like a vacation and just waste time bickering about where to go and set up camp or something, completely indecisive. And not only that, but they always go back to the men and ask them for help or if they could have some of their resources and use twisted logic as subtle manipulation to guilt the men into giving it to them. And that’s just what they are. They TAKE the resources. They don’t try to model after those who ARE successful, they just take FROM them. this is woman.
Besides that, in a war of power (in the concrete jungle), sometimes you will need to be merciless. Using power to opress the weak would turn you into an evil person, into an injust one. But I see no wrong in being tough facing people that don't respect you, and are in your way in a not fair fashion to make you suffer and fail.
It isn’t fair to oppress weak people. But here is the problem, and this is why evil people are okay with doing that:
Most people are weak. They are sheep. They don’t think for themselves, they follow the crowd. And when the crowd is controlled by those who SEEK OUT people who are not going along with THEIR plans (people like me or you) and desire to hurt them, then you will want to hurt those people who blindly follow. Because in your eyes, if they’re stupid enough to be controlled that much, then you might as well speed up their destruction. After all, their masters don’t even care for them anyway, and they WANT to see them destroyed after the fact anyway. The only way to win is to become ruthless, and completely brutal, which in turn makes you more evil. Or go along with them, which you cannot for your own sanity. And these worthless sheep are everywhere socially pressuring you to become like them because they’re too ignorant and weak, and they’re trying to make you a lesser and weaker person not out of jealousy or hatred (though some might), but out of ignorance and false pride preventing them from listening to the truth with an open mind. But they’re still in your way and are still blocking your path constantly. So why should you care about them?

In essence, the world didn’t care about me. So why should I care about it?

I can answer this anyway. Because they are people too. They are individuals who were just as ignorant as you were. They just weren’t fortunate enough to have the experiences that you may have had to help them escape. All you have to do is provide that experience for them or show them the way, and individualize the experience to that one sole person.

By the evil in me would say **** them all. There’s too many of them and a few people cannot make a difference. I see the solution to all the problems, the same solution that they themselves would come to realize to be the correct way if they were to understand what I do. Trying to help out each individual would take an eternity.

This is why you would want to hurt those who are seemingly innocent.
Part of your humanity goes, and I think it is a natural process in the change between the kid and the soldier, the nice guy and the man. No matter how good things there are around, the world still a dangerous place, and in a dangerous place, it is better to be ready for what comes. It's like an old song (Forever Young, by Alphaville) says: "hoping for the best, but expecting the worst". Enjoy the life as much as you can, but always be ready for the worst.
This is wrong. When your humanity goes, all of it goes. It’s not gradual over time (not nowadays anyway). When you THINK that part of it goes, all that really happens is that you just added on another layer to guard you from the dangers of the world. That’s it. You just added another defensive layer to protect the goodness inside of you that could be hurt.

But if you completely got rid of that aspect of yourself, you would have no layers at all. Nothing defensive. Because you would have nothing you would need to protect. And anyone who ever would have had the chance to even be able to hurt you would now be subject to your destruction. They will feel what the world has made you feel. Because they are apart of it. Because they are sheep, working under the influence of their master trying to undermine you (unknowlingly, but still trying to nonetheless) and so you will draw them in only to hurt them more. And you do this to show them and everyone around them, their masters included, your might and just what you’re capable of, and also just because you CAN.

This exists within all of us. You just don’t realize it.