How would you invest $100k?

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been trying to think of ways to invest $100k, If I had it. Was thinking about purchasing some cheap apt's or some kind of property that would generate positive cash flow every month. From the wealthy people I met throughout my life, real estate seems to be the one that creates the most wealthiest people out there. Most of them all said to never purchase property unless it's a 15 year mortgage. The difference in interest you would be paying is astronomical.

Tried the stock market when I younger. Made a ton of money, then lost most of it. I became very scared to invest since, even though the stocks I pick would have paid a very hefty return. I do purchase and collect silver when I can find it cheap on Cl or some local seller needing cash fast.

Love to hear what some of you established investors would do with $100k

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd buy some type of business/real estate. Maybe buy a sub shop in a good location. Maybe an old house in a gentrifying area.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I've been trying to think of ways to invest $100k, If I had it. Was thinking about purchasing some cheap apt's or some kind of property that would generate positive cash flow every month. From the wealthy people I met throughout my life, real estate seems to be the one that creates the most wealthiest people out there. Most of them all said to never purchase property unless it's a 15 year mortgage. The difference in interest you would be paying is astronomical.

Tried the stock market when I younger. Made a ton of money, then lost most of it. I became very scared to invest since, even though the stocks I pick would have paid a very hefty return. I do purchase and collect silver when I can find it cheap on Cl or some local seller needing cash fast.

Love to hear what some of you established investors would do with $100k
FairShake......I thought your buddy here wanted to commit suicide? Now he's looking for ways to invest $100k? Did I, or did I not say, that his "suicide talk" was bullshyt?

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd by ten junky trailers that I could fix up and rent for $500 each per month. In just a few years, you would get your investment back and pull in up to $5k/mo in cash. The downside is maintenance and dealing with dirt bag tenants.
Very good idea. A real estate buddy of mine mentioned that and said the same thing as you. People who usually rent trailers are a PITA to deal with. Defiantly something I may consider in the future.

I'd buy some type of business/real estate. Maybe buy a sub shop in a good location. Maybe an old house in a gentrifying area.
I thought about a sub shop years ago, just too much competition where I live, on top of many retail stores closing due to huge lease hikes. A friend just started an LLC to start wholesaling real estate. Might follow suite after I see some results from him as I only have a little idea how it all works.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a couple of attorneys who got very wealthy with trailers. They now own trailer parks all over the place. I know another couple who bought 10 acres, put trailers all over it, and those rentals put their 5 kids through college, and afford them a very comfortable lifestyle. They were teachers before that.