Trump is your next president, it will be nice to see America great again in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People vote in their own short term, ultra myopic misguided self-interest. Democrats favor social services, which go to poor people, who are disproportionately black. Put a Republican in charge, and the first thing he will do is cut those services. That's why there's not a lot of Republican voters who are also on welfare. They are trying to use their vote to lower their own taxes. That's not any different than voting for the liberal who will give you welfare. It's all about economic self-interest.
Fixed for you. A welfare state that can only fund itself by sucking the lifeblood from the productive members of society is not in the long term interests of anyone. Teaching a man to fish is better for him and everyone else. When the house of cards collapses very few people win.

Ask Greek Pensioners how decades of profligate social spending have been in their "economic self interest".

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
if we have to lose TX to get rid of cruz and mexico, it will be a GREAT trade

logicallefty

Reaction score
I've been a proud registered Republican since age 18. I've helped local guys campaign. Proudly stood by the party all this time. But the establishment's treatment of Trump has been pushing me towards the door to leave the party. Romney's cr@p recently has left me standing in the doorway with the door open. If Trump gets enough delegates for the nomination and the GOP says or does ANYTHING at that point to go against the collective word that the people have spoken with their votes, I am OUT and will go Independent. DONE. Not going to stick with the GOP or any party that just says "f*** the will of the people".

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fixed for you. A welfare state that can only fund itself by sucking the lifeblood from the productive members of society is not in the long term interests of anyone. Teaching a man to fish is better for him and everyone else. When the house of cards collapses very few people win.

Ask Greek Pensioners how decades of profligate social spending have been in their "economic self interest".
I don't disagree as a matter of theory, but I think we reached the point of no return a long time ago with the welfare state. Right now there are millions of people who depend on that guvment check for their food, housing, utilities, and healthcare. What are they supposed to do if that were to all get shut off? They'd have no choice but to storm the Bastille and put someone's head on a stick. Chicago has a higher murder rate than Baghdad right now, and that's with welfare. Imagine if all those people started starving to death. It would make Syria look like a happy place. When you join ISIS, they promise to feed, clothe, and take care of you. We've got to at least match the other side's offer if we want to compete.

Maybe that's why the gov't keeps building those giant FEMA camps. That's the emergency they are preparing for, the welfare state collapse.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a proud registered Republican since age 18. I've helped local guys campaign. Proudly stood by the party all this time. But the establishment's treatment of Trump has been pushing me towards the door to leave the party. Romney's cr@p recently has left me standing in the doorway with the door open. If Trump gets enough delegates for the nomination and the GOP says or does ANYTHING at that point to go against the collective word that the people have spoken with their votes, I am OUT and will go Independent. DONE. Not going to stick with the GOP or any party that just says "f*** the will of the people".
Don't cure the headache by cutting off the head.

It is becoming apparent that the power of the Republican party lies with the people, not the elites. This is what happens with the commoners far out-number the elites. Even though the elites have a lot of money and power, they are no match for the overwhelming mob. Trump is taking a bunch of democrats and adding to the Republican 'base'.

All that to say - I agree with your stance but disagree with your method. Own being a Republican, and disown the elites (who have done nothing but cater to agitators for 20+ years).

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...-the-donald-trump-rally-for-a-full-10-minutes
At least a dozen protesters at Donald Trump's March 11 rally in St. Louis have been detained in a single coordinated protest inside the Peabody Opera House.
The action managed to shut down the rally for close to ten minutes
Trump is gonna turnout a large, large number of people to vote against him this fall. And the Fall commercials will be brutal against him.

Enjoy having this dude as your nominee. It wont be pretty in November. I smell a 1964 style Democrat blowout of the GOP in the electoral college. His unfavorables are the highest ever on record...and too many key voting blocs and demographics just dislike the guy.

And they hate him a lot more than they dislike Hillary. I said it in a thread some time ago...the GOP will not win the election without the Latino vote....and Trump has already alienated Hispanics, Blacks, woman, many independents, and other smaller blocs like Asians, religious minorities, LGBT, etc.

There is a reason the GOP establishment is fearful of Trump getting the nomination. They know it looks bad for them when their leading nominee only average 1/3 of the GOP vote, and has super high unfavorables among Americans nationally.

The Summer and Fall will be interesting.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe they'd be motivated to get jobs. But let's be real, that's a fairy tale..
Something like 1/3 of America works, 1/3 is too young or too old to work, and the other third should be working, but isn't. I know there are a lot of unfilled jobs, but that number isn't nearly equal to the number of Americans available to work. There are a lot more people who could be working than there are jobs.

That's not to say that people as a whole are not lazy fvcks, but as opportunities for everyone dwindle, I feel like it gets harder to criticize the lazy people. Faking a disability to get a check, then getting into housing, living off food stamps, and working for cash when you can under the table works out to be a much better lifestyle than trying to live off of a $8-10 an hour job.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And yet Ben Carson endorsed him......There is something to learn from that....
A weak man endorsing Trump after being slandered as a violent person? After being slandered as low energy and weak? After being likened to a pedophile?

Trump said all those things about Carson. I don't think Carson's endorsement changes anything I said in my previous post. And it merely reflects on the lack of backbone Carson has to support someone like Trump who hasn't publicly apologized for bashing him in such a way.

What Carson does in no way reflects the feelings or eventual voting behavior of the demographics Trump has already alienated.

yuppee

Banned
Reaction score
there's no such thing as jobs people won't do. What happens is the boss's wont PAY what it's worth to do those jobs. Labor costs are at most 30% of an item's cost, double the wage paid to workers, retail sale price need only go up by 30%. but the pos's in between all" think" THEIR salary should go up, too! Why? since they are doing nothing. But you see this bs argument being made, contantly, as if doubling the wage of the actual producer HAS to double the end price. that's a lie.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When Alabama passed a state law that chased out the migrant farm workers, farmers had their crops rot in the fields. A tomato-picker working at the rate that a typical migrant can pick would make $15 an hour, but it's miserable work in the hot Alabama sun. Hardly anyone lasted past the first day. McDonald's workers might be demanding $15 an hour, but that's for inside work in the air conditioning, paid by the hour with plenty of room for fvcking around. If you want an American to slave away in the hot sun, you're going to have to pay them $20-30/hr to get them to keep showing up to work.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And what's the excuse for Farrakhan liking Trump?
So racist Farrakhan and racist David Duke both like Trump?

I think that says plenty about him as a candidate and needs no excuse (despite the excuses Trump makes himself)

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many blacks follow Farrakhan....so I think you are quite wrong about limited support from blacks.
A small, small percentage of black people follow anything that idiot says. So please stop with the bull. Farrakhan hasn't been relevant in a long time.

And you might want to check out the exit polls of whos supporting Trump and the unfavorable numbers Trump has among blacks and Latinos. It's pretty well known just how many Blacks and Latinos are strongly Democrat...and Trumps rhetoric is pushing away many Independent minorities. He certainly wont be doing better than the number Romney or McCain got in 2008 or 2012.

I said this in a past thread: The GOP in presidential elections has hovered around having 10% of their voters being non-white in recent years. And based on past elections and changing demographics, its impossible to win the White House without at least 40% of the Hispanic vote.

"2. Just one in ten -- yes, TEN -- Republican voters in 2012 weren't white."

"3. Republicans have had very limited success in winning over Hispanic voters in presidential election. By far the best showing was George W. Bush in 2004 when he won 44 percent of the Latino vote. In 2012, Mitt Romney won just 27 percent of Hispanics"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...can-problem-with-hispanic-voters-in-7-charts/

When Trump is hitting only 12% favorable with Latinos, and doing just as poorly with Blacks...in what crazy world are you living where the miniscule amount of Farrakhan followers indicates some changing of the tide that will get Trump into the White House?

Even Hispanic Republicans dislike the guy.

Trump isn't going to all of a sudden cause a huge voter bloc shift, especially with the unpopularity he has.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189887/trump-major-image-problem-hispanics.aspx?g_source=Election 2016&g_medium=lead&g_campaign=tiles

Last edited:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He certainly has more non-white votes than you think. You can say Carson and Farrakhan are irrelevant, but they both have a decent amount of supporters and they like Trump.

And it seems you have missed the massive increase in voters which Trump has brought. If you think this is like the last election, you are very wrong.

On the topic of racism, it's funny you cite that when you don't even believe whites deserve to have a nation of their own.
1. All you're stating is wishful opinion. Men like Carson and Farrakhan make up a small, small number of the black community. Most of Carsons supporters are not minorities btw...and Farrakhan's supporters are a miniscule fringe of the black community. Their supporters barely make up a fraction of a percentage point when it comes to increasing the GOP minority vote.

Where is the exit poll or popularity data to back up your claims though? We've had a number of primaries and caucuses already, and Im not seeing a new swath of minority support for Trump in the exit poll data that's available. Plus he's still largely unpopular with the minorities of his own party according to recent reports.

That says a lot

2. Trump has increased the turnout of many white GOP voters (both for and against him). Remember, he's only been getting 1/3 of the overall GOP vote...and a large part of the party sees him quite negatively (Latinos especially).

And with that said, have you seen the protests against Trump? He's so unpopular that Independents, Democrats, and ESPECIALLY liberals will come out in droves to vote against him if he's the Republican nominee. You can bank on that. People are fed up with his bs...and the summer and fall national commercial season will mobilize tons of anti-Trump voters once negative ads are on TVs coast to coast.

3. Nice try, but Im not biting on your "white country" bait. No thanks.

Last edited:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Bible_Belt Very true.

and Obama had Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and many, many other idiots / confirmed communists supporting him. Can a candidate choose who they do and don't want to endorse them? Be logical here. I could make a video right now endorsing you for president. How would you stop me? There's a thing called freedom of speech.
Clearly you missed the point of my that post. Danger brought up Farrakhan as if support from such a figure would do Trump any real good with black voters. I then brought up the fact that David Duke (along with other white nationalists) also support Trump.

Point being is that Trump attracts idiots, and the Duke support would turn off minority voters...thereby negating any potential gain in voters caused by Farrakhan.

EDIT - And Obama for years has been slandered by his detractors because he was supported by Al and Jesse and confirmed reds (communists) So I dont think you should expect society to be lenient to Trump now.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 and 2. The sheer volume of voters has broken records in support of Trump. You can easily look that up. So where are the numbers to backup your claim on Catson and Farrakhan?
Sheer volume of white voters. Thats where the uptick is coming from...especially with blue collar folks.

And again, youre underestimating just how unpopular the guy is (especially with minorities). The GOP is having great turnout overall...both those voting for AND against Trump. In the Fall youll have to deal with independents and left wingers who hate the guy more than he's disliked by some of the people in his own party. So these people will be fired up to vote against him.

You think all these protestors and pissed off independents and liberals are gonna stay home? Democrats show up in presidential elections.
3. It isn't bait, it is the honest truth. You call others racist but claim whites should bot have their own country. Did you think I forgot that?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Such a disreputable source of info that's only floating around disreputable conservative blogs and "news" sites. Trust me, if any American were to be killed for their political beliefs, especially with regard to Trump...it'd be wall to wall coverage on every news agency...no matter if that person supported or hated Trump.

Come back with some good sources next time.

EDIT - LOLOL @ you crying and calling a GIF racist. Type in "yawn gif" in google images...and tell me what pic you see in the first two rows. And tell us all exactly how a yawn is racist? I'm simply refusing to directly discuss your old rehashed race topic.

And its clear youre upset at my dismissal of said topic. Anyways, I won't even address that further. I'll respond to your Trump points only moving forward. I'll let you stew with your derailment bait.

Last edited:

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I'm reasonably certain that no one in the political establishment has any idea what Trump is doing, how he is doing it or why it's working. I don't like this guy and I don't like what's going on in Presidential politics right now. I do know that the models Trump, and even Sanders are using are not from mainstream 'big' politics. They are 'retail propaganda' methods that bypass the two-party business-as-usual models.

This is populism folks. And no one in DC politics understands populism because they are out of touch elitists. It's why they're pooping themselves and scratching their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.