Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

you must destroy self pity

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
joekerr31 said:
the alpha male seems to discard self pity and operates by natures laws of taking what he wants
I've been wanting to add some imput to this statement....I believe everyone pity's themselves during unfortunate circumstances, AFC's and Alpha males alike. How can you not? How can you sit there and not feel bad for yourself and not feel bad about what just happened to you? It's natural. You have every good reason to be angry and depressed. What's a person to do, blow if off as we do with all our normal everyday experience's, that we deal with rather nonchalantly on a daily basis?

Reaction score
Good post Joeker! In modern day America, we never had it so good materially and thus are far removed from struggle! Struggle builds character and once you overcome you feel a sense of accomplishment!

But material wealth does not translate to spiritual inner satisfaction and this is where many are lacking today; thus pity is a feeling needed to heal one's self for our lack of not being fulfilled with our station in life!

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well said, Last Man Standing.

And SOMETIMES, I believe half the time that self-pity may be our "inner man's" way of mourning over his subconscious RECOGNITION of us having fallen SO short of the heights we were born to reach-----not so much materially, but spiritually...and in other more abstract areas.

But of course, the other half of the time it's probably just our way of wallowing in defeatism brought on due to either procrastination, or from having suffered from the effects of sweating ourselves TOO HARD over stuff that may actually be ULTIMATELY the "wrong" thing for our lives after all.

styles07

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes

It's amazing how powerful overcoming self pity can be when it's accomplished. My quest is the constant search for 'warmness' in people and in socal it can almost seem nonexistent. The problem lies in striving towards the character that mines warmness out of people at all costs without worrying about self image. You will, as a human, get **** on...it's inevitable. The challenge is not retaliation but adeptly ducking the largest of those ****balls with grace...much more difficult than it sounds. I try to remember the girl-getting, fun-loving twin Donald in 'adaptation' with nicholas cage. What a perfect example of just not giving a **** whatsoever all in the name of enjoying life.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
And SOMETIMES, I believe half the time that self-pity may be our "inner man's" way of mourning over his subconscious RECOGNITION of us having fallen SO short of the heights we were born to reach-----not so much materially, but spiritually...and in other more abstract areas.

VU, this is a VERY good point with a lot of depth.

really, what is there left for a man to conquor? at every other point in history, at the very least a man could pack up and go explore new lands.

but today its basically one world. i mean, i can get on a plane and be in the UK in 7 hours, pop my bank card into an ATM machine and withdraw cash.

there is no 'great beyond' to explore anymore. we basically understand the world we live in now and as such theres nothing left to really do. there are no great adventures left - sure, there are adventures, but you already know whats going to happen on them before you take them.

im beginning to wonder if our self pity is in part due to understanding too much about the world we live in - we know its limitations too well and as such theres really excitment left over 'i wonder what tomorrow will bring."

when i was a kid people use to get excited over the idea of travelling to mars, computers, etc.

but its all been done, and theres nothing really in the foreseeable future to get excited about.

probaby just more wars.