You don't need God-tier looks to succeed at online dating

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I designed the profile to eliminate (offend) the types I didn't want and to attract the ones I wanted. It worked.

Elaborate.
Common interests are overrated. I like me a lady who hates the same things that I hate.

Not even joking! That kind of schtick can establish a connection very quickly.

Reaction score
I've always said if some dude is doing something that works it works. Try it for yourselves.

Though in regards to OLD the vast majority of the chicks are complete trash. Heard more than enough directly from them to ever bother with it again.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just applied that text about the 50 bucks on my online apps and just got matched with a transsexual, looking onwards and upwards so far :)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I killed it on OLD and I don't think I'm great looking...I had a kick ass body tho...

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm great looking and I have great success on OLD. ;)

On a more helpful note: Pics do not portray your actual attractiveness. Among two-dimensions, distance, angles, lighting, shadows, et al., one could be great looking in person and photogenically horrible--or contrariwise.

That's why I advocate taking hundreds of pics at different angles and lighting and get your pics objectively rated on sites like photofeeler.com before placing them on OLD.

Last edited:

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Yup & yup. Gonna use that as a jumping off point:

I think it works so well because it's just the right amount of of qualification. The standards aren't extreme enough to make me look like a delusional douchebag who's out of touch with his own SMV (I'm looking at you basic b*tches). But they're exclusive enough to make the girls who do meet the criteria, feel like they've won something, i.e. they're made to feel that they're better than other women.

I'll pick up on scarcity again. I've noticed that the best performing profiles have always been short, like really short. Long, meandering profiles reek of desperation and over-investment (says the guy posting about OLD on a seduction forum, bwahaha). Brevity is a rare skill. Protip: don't write about yourself, write about stuff.

Edit: Third reason, and maybe the most important. She doesn't have to think of an opener, I've made it incredibly easy for her to initiate. Man, you guys think there's some spergy behaviour on this forum, you should see most women trying to initiate a conversation on Bumble.
Totally agree.

I think another factor is specialization. Most guys try to be "general" as to not offend any woman. The logic behind that is you will have more chances with more women if you offend none of them. The downside to that approach is you don't create emotion or grab unique attention either. A more risky profile will offend some women, BUT the ones you attract will have HIGHER INTEREST in you.. making your job much easier.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally agree.

I think another factor is specialization. Most guys try to be "general" as to not offend any woman. The logic behind that is you will have more chances with more women if you offend none of them. The downside to that approach is you don't create emotion or grab unique attention either. A more risky profile will offend some women, BUT the ones you attract will have HIGHER INTEREST in you.. making your job much easier.
Wrap it up, we're done here! Very well put.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A more risky profile will offend some women, BUT the ones you attract will have HIGHER INTEREST in you.. making your job much easier.
I like the non-generalization. Who you are offline should match who are online. You should be 100% authentic you. Lying your way about money, height, etc. will all be put to the test in the real life meeting.

In the end, they will see through all guises.

Remaining authentic is another way to filter/screen out potential low IL.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nip. Not on first or second meeting. You can be vegan feral, Captain America, Sherlock Holmes WTF your best fake persona is. I proved this when I was in my late 30s with half a dozen fake dating profiles. The chicks eventually ejected 6 to 8 weeks down the track. But by then I'd had the pleasure of their company and pink bits many times. So much for the supernatural intuition of woman.

Reaction score
Nip. Not on first or second meeting. You can be vegan feral, Captain America, Sherlock Holmes WTF your best fake persona is. I proved this when I was in my late 30s with half a dozen fake dating profiles. The chicks eventually ejected 6 to 8 weeks down the track. But by then I'd had the pleasure of their company and pink bits many times. So much for the supernatural intuition of woman.
That's SO MUCH better than paying them!

Just lie!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I guess it would b lying if I didn't have all those facets to my personality. In my case it was just exaggeration. There is no fairness in the dating market froggy. Those same girls have plenty of orbiterswho believe they will get the puss one day

Reaction score
So is that a slightly overweight girl from the back and can't tell what her face looks like?

Is she a drug addict?

Plus, what kind of girl just goes around ****ing random guys unless she's a wh0re, which is actually a good percentage of the population.

She didn't want anything more from you? No relationship? No nothing? If she wanted more from you and you gave it to her, then you would be giving her more than just $150.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow kid u really need to get back on your meds. Actually that s my current g/f hence nothing identifiable. You are right about one thing she was slightly roly poly at the time. She's probably lost about 15 Pounds since and has a very enjoyable yoga butt.

So what's serious work are you doing kid to fix your personality issues? You don't exactly seem Mr happy or stable

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
> Ugghh. Be the OP.
> Get five new "pay up sucka!" messages every day.
> Start to despair at thot's lack of imagination.
> Write brilliantly ironic new profile:

Cue "Goodbye Horses".

Would you date me?

I'd date me.

I'd date me hard.

I'd date me so hard.

> Not a peep - subtle satire is wasted on basics.
> Go back to "fifty bucks".
> Thots love it.
> The abyss stares back.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally agree.

I used to use a profile that talked about the various types of women on OLD in a comical manner and told them only contact me if they were a number 5 or a number 7(one was "normal" and the other was something else, I can't remember what I put)...they freaking LOVED that and I used to get tons of messages telling me they literally were almost crying laughing and it was one of the funniest profiles they have ever seen even though it was mostly true at the same time...
Made my work so much easier, got them to come to me.