"You are attractive, but you are too old"

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: "You are attractive, but you are too old"

Originally posted by Mee
I'm in my mid 20s and can't believe a man your age is trying to date *very* young 21 year olds. That sounds chauvinistic, not to mention gross. When I get hit on by old men, most of the time, I get creeped out or feel insulted, because those guys must think that I am on the "same level" as they are in terms of attractiveness and desirability. I must say that if you're an older man trying to hit on me, personally, you MUST be as HANDSOME as Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Brad Pitt, Rob Lowe, etc. to make up for your old age. If you're a RICH old guy, then I'm sure there are plenty of young women from poor/broken homes looking to get financial support. By the way, the men I consider to be "too old" for me would be 33+. 29-32 would be ideal.

Basically, I feel that most normal, decent women would prefer to date men her own age or slightly older rather than a much older guy.

At my old job the company president, who was 37, was hitting on me. He had divorced his 34 year old wife and was single and looking. He was good looking for his age, for he worked out daily. Although he seemed smart, ambitious, and mature, 2 things troubled me:

1) Though he claimed to be looking to date women who were intellectually equal to him, he admitted dating women as young as 21 years old, which was a HUGE red flag, since most men who date very young women are looking for playthings. Just trying to get laid. I was insulted that he *possibly* thought I was a slut.

2) He was good looking for his age but was no match for the youthful good looks of younger men. If he had looked like Pierce Brosnan......he would have TOTALLY qualified for me.
Oh the rambling of a chick I can pretty much sums up this post as: Blah-Blah- Blah- Blah -Blah!

Your post is full of contradictions. The reason you rejected the old men is becuase you weren't attracted to them in the first place and it was not because of their age. Sure it is a factor but when it comes to attractions it does not weight as heavily as you put it to be. I see plenty of older men getting hooked up with hot younger women ( and they are not rich or famous nor very handsome). I also knew of plenty of girls like you who claim how disgusting it is to hook up with a much older gentelman and then go and fvck the professors at my school.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mee
Some reflections on this subject after my first post:

1) As some of you may have noticed, the issue of older men dating much younger women is not what bothered me most. The way some of you deliberately go out there seeking much younger women is what took me by disgust. It seems more reasonable when an older man and a much younger woman meet "naturally" and connect. However, when a 40 year old man selectively pursues barely legal girls who are young enough to be his daughters.....I gotta tell you it sounds really creepy and chauvinistic. It indicates that you determine the value of a woman's existence and potential as a companion based solely on her looks rather than emotional and intellectual maturity.

2) Out of the dozens of much older men that I have encountered, there were actually a couple who I found very attractive. One had average looks, intellectual brilliance and genuine love/respect for his wife, while the other was a handsome Icelandic man, who was open-minded & cultured. Not dumb or full of himself like I expected.

For those who called me shallow, I'm not the one deliberately pursuing barely legal boys, who are emotionally and intellectually inferior to me, just because they look better than their older counterparts. From my last post you guys should have realized that most women would have jumped at the chance to date a fairly good looking man who had a fat bank account due to being the president of a company. However, I do not judge a man's worth by the size of his bank account, package, or muscles. I would have let his age/looks slide if he hadn't dropped a major red flag.

Mee, Will you marry me? :yes: :yes: :yes:

...oh and by the way, you guys just got you a$$es handed to you

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mee
Some reflections on this subject after my first post:

For those who called me shallow, I'm not the one deliberately pursuing barely legal boys, who are emotionally and intellectually inferior to me, just because they look better than their older counterparts. From my last post you guys should have realized that most women would have jumped at the chance to date a fairly good looking man who had a fat bank account due to being the president of a company. However, I do not judge a man's worth by the size of his bank account, package, or muscles. I would have let his age/looks slide if he hadn't dropped a major red flag.
Your earlier post sounded like you had an axe to grind. That's understandable if you've had a few harrowing experiences. But it definitely sounded like you were summarily dismissing us all as pervs. Not fair.

BTW, I was referring to the substance of your post as being shallow, not you personally. I don't resort to ad hominem attacks.

Cheers

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK Mee, would you date Sean Connery,Pierce Broson, Brad Pitt ,Rob Lowe etc is they WEREN'T rich and famous movies stars?

What I'm getting at is, are you impressed by thier looks or thier status? Both?

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
before you start hitting on her and selling yourself to her, take 30 SECS. to find out what she's looking for in a man.
OK. Imagine this convo:

Man: "So, what are you looking for in a man?"

Bltch: "Oh, intelligence and a sense of humor. And deep conversations."

Uh huh. Remember:

1. DJ's *create* attraction w/C+F

2. Women *respond* with their pvssy

Catering to what she says she wants is the WORST way to get a woman.

Women have no idea what they really want. And no idea why they are attracted to men.

Now tell me again why women are allowed to post on the "Mature Man" forum? It is clearly not b/c they give great advice.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
OK. Imagine this convo:

Catering to what she says she wants is the WORST way to get a woman. Women have no idea what they really want.
iveyleeger,
That should be probably the first lesson every man should learn. How sad we learn it after so many failures.... Why? Because they friggin LIE! Maye dont realize they lie.. but they lie big time!

I was there... I used to ask every women I talked to "So what qualities you like in men?" and usually get a list that starts with a) nice guy....b) intelligent... etc etc when in fact those women didn't care at all about guy's intelligence... all they do is ask "So you have a degree? yes? Cool!" that was enough for them... to know about guy's intelligence :(
I quit doing that. Now for some experiment I ask an advanced question: "What'd you think people notice about you first personality wise?"... gee..... I have maybe 10-20 identical replies!
It seem women have one collective mind that supply them all.

Back to catering. The moment you bring her flowers, she knows she got you. She can control you.. manipulate you...by simply luring with with pvssy. Note guys, not with actual sex, but with only _possibility_ of sex. It is like the begining of the end.

Conclusion: in the begining never cater to what she says if that is not what you want. Do not show her what you think is your intellect: this is actually coul dbe a turn off.
She may think "Aha, he is thinking too much...why? not confident!"

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iveyleeger
OK. Imagine this convo:

Uh huh. Remember:

1. DJ's *create* attraction w/C+F

2. Women *respond* with their pvssy
I'll add that a DJ doesn't need to ask, they already know. Some could even care less... :p

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks definitely matter when there is a great age difference. If you look like you could be your date's parent, obviously the odds aren't in your favor.

But often it's an advantage to be "relationship inappropriate" if you're just looking for some booty. More "disposable" = easier "no strings" lay.

But if you look like an appropriate couple, why should age matter at all, even if there's a 20 year difference?

What does get me, though, is when one person is totally into the other until they find out the other person's age.

Whatever the case, it's best to be the one doing the qualifying. It can get amusing when a gal gets attracted to you in spite of herself.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bonhomme

But if you look like an appropriate couple, why should age matter at all, even if there's a 20 year difference?
Social conditioning.

I find that N American women who are fed on a feminist agenda are the worst for this. Some of them positively go psycho. To them it is just another example of the male trying to exploit poor helpless women.

In Europe, Latin America and east Asian cultures age difference is not such a huge issue. Of course women are different, and many do prefer men their own age. In N America it is so, because the women make it so.

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrLuvr
Social conditioning.
In N America it is so, because the women make it so.
Yet they still don't know what they want, but whatever it is, it MUST conform to whatever their social conditioning requires it to conform to. So they blindly follow the lead lamb to the slaughter, without ever having had the courage to explore something a little different.

Sad, so very sad.:(

It's time for us DJ's to step up and show them that their social conditioning is not all what it's cracked up to be. No easy task that.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, one gal I went out with who was quite feminist (but still wanted a guy who called the shots, AFCs take note) cared least about the age difference. In fact, she wanted an experienced man who knows what to do.

This whole age prejudice thing goes outside the "liberal/conservative/feminist/traditional" spectrum, as I've seen it.

A sidenote: I've gone out with considerably older women, too. If they're up on things and have kept themselves up, all systems are go.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
This is what a 21 year old that I was trying to pick up told me. I am 38.

She told me that she wanted to commit long term and she did not want to get involved with someone that much older than her because she did not want to be alone later in her life. The older partner would die before her and leave her alone.

How does one counter this? She is thinking wayyy long term. My point is, who knows what the future holds.

So, she is attracted to me but doesn't want to start anything because of the age diff.

Is it even worth countering this argument? Should we even bother with girls like this?

I am not hung up on her or anything, but just wondering if anybody had any effective counter arguments.
This is a bunch of fecal matter from a bull. And a laughable cheap excuse. As I stated before, if a woman is interested, she will move mountains to be with a man, and not let age, a wife or girlfriend, her own friends and family, or even GOD himself get in her way. If a woman is not interested, there will be lame excuses like age.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by ghostin
The only girls i kno that would even go near and older man like that are just in it for the money.

Most girls that aren't gold diggers just think old men that go after young women are just pervs.
My daughter is 19 and she is grossed out by older men chasing girls her age. If a guy over 24 or 25 hit on her she would see them as a pervert.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 31 and bang girls 18-21 all day long :p I could post some pix, but ya'll would get jealous hehe j/k

The one's who grew up with an absent father or who do not get along with their fathers are easiest. :cheer:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE
I'm 31 and bang girls 18-21 all day long :p I could post some pix, but ya'll would get jealous hehe j/k

The one's who grew up with an absent father or who do not get along with their fathers are easiest. :cheer:
More power to ya' but I couldn't do that. Question: Do you have any children? Daughters in particular.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
My daughter is 19 and she is grossed out by older men chasing girls her age. If a guy over 24 or 25 hit on her she would see them as a pervert.
Probably because she hasn't yet realized she is an adult woman since her level of mental development is still that of a 12 year old.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Probably because she hasn't yet realized she is an adult woman since her level of mental development is still that of a 12 year old.
That was really mature. :rolleyes:

Her mental development seems to be ahead of yours because she doesn't insult people whom she's never even spoken to before.

I hate to break it to you...but there are a lot of women who just aren't attracted to older men and don't want to date them. Know what else...it's their perogative to not date people they don't want to date. You're just going to have to deal with that.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
That was really mature. :rolleyes:

Her mental development seems to be ahead of yours because she doesn't insult people whom she's never even spoken to before.

I hate to break it to you...but there are a lot of women who just aren't attracted to older men and don't want to date them. Know what else...it's their perogative to not date people they don't want to date. You're just going to have to deal with that.
I don't need to meet her. I am just judging by what you are telling us. She thinks that an adult man being attracted to an adult woman is a "pervert". Unless of course in her own mind she hasn't gotten past the child state of her mental development.

Not being attracted to an older man is one thing. Thinking that a man over 25 being attracted to a 19 year old is a "pervert" is totally another and goes to show more about her mental development, or should I say "lack of" than anything else.

I wonder she thinks about her mom dating guys that are closer to her age and more suitable for her than her mom. Maybe mom is a pervert too.......

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I don't need to meet her. I am just judging by what you are telling us. She thinks that an adult man being attracted to an adult woman is a "pervert". Unless of course in her own mind she hasn't gotten past the child state of her mental development.

Not being attracted to an older man is one thing. Thinking that a man over 25 being attracted to a 19 year old is a "pervert" is totally another and goes to show more about her mental development, or should I say "lack of" than anything else.

I wonder she thinks about her mom dating guys that are closer to her age and more suitable for her than her mom. Maybe mom is a pervert too.......
A lot of 18 year olds are still in high school. They haven't had a chance to live on their own and be young. They can't even go out for a drink in most states. They haven't had a chance to experience being young yet. I also think it's pretty gross for a considerably older man to go after such young girls. It's almost predatory because of how young they are. Even when I was 28 I wouldn't ever date a guy who hadn't even had the opportunity to figure out who they are and what they want. My daughter views it in the same way. She also tells me that I'm incredibly shallow about looks. She agrees with me about age, though. She would rather see me with a man a few years younger than a man 10, 15 or 20 years older.

Top Bottom