Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ya, I'm one of the short guys out there.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insidious
Hey man, I came SO very close to getting killed a few months ago. I was in a coma.

A few more inches either way, I wouldn't be sitting here piping in on this height thread.

I'm doing good now. My perspective was knocked into reality after what I went through. I'm alive, and I'm gonna take this life by the horns.

I'm short? Boo hoo, geez whiz, what will I do :eek: Whatever the case, I've earned my stripes lately and there is no sucker in the world who's gonna bring me down cause they are several inches taller than me.
this guy has the right attitude. I'm 6 feet myself, but I happen to know that height is the one thing no surgery or anything else can change, so there really is no point in getting hungup aboutit. I have a mate whos short AND ugly but with a killer personality and he ges a lotta girls. You just gotta work with what you were given.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually their is a surgery to increase height, its called limb lengthening, you can gain up to 3 inches, I read about it in some health magazine, I would never try it though unless you wanna be in extreme pain and in a wheel chair for a year.

golfguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's definately all based on the individual. I know short people who do well for themselves, and one's that suck. It really depends on a number of factors.

I can't really answer for people on this board who are short as I'm 5'9 1/2 (was measured 2 weeks ago for a pre-op surgery appt) but I do have some experience knowing what it was like.

I was born with a heart problem and I was always one of the shortest kids in my class when I was younger. After my last heart surgery though, I grew about 7 inches. I remeber being self conscious and picked on a bit back then for it. Yeah, maybe it's slightly harder for people to work their way up in the world being shorter, but that's if your always worrying about it. People sense if you're an insecure bastard, and who thinks highly of an insecure person? Just enjoy who you are.

My dad for example seems to never be happy. He's 6'1, wished he was 6'3 or 4. VERY strong and ripped, but pushes harder to become a bit more so. Personally..I really don't give a ****. I'm average height and weight and would change nothing about my size, even if I were given the opprtunity to. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things if you carry yourself well.

And the comments about good looking vs non good looking. I agree that shorter guys who are above average looking do better than slighty taller guys who aren't. So instead of whining about how you're short and find it harder to pick up women, why don't you try improving how you look. It will do wonders for your confidence. I can speak from experience here.

I used to hate how I looked. I was born wih a cleft lip and pallate so my lip is a little different. But I worked on myself a bit, lost the glasses, got a rhinoplasty, and honestly it really does do wonders for your confidence. I also worked on my grooming too, not obsessively, but make sure I'm meticulate about it. Now I get told all the time I look great, I'm no longer overly worried about it, and it shows.

Guys..What I'm really trying to say is everyone's self conscious about something. Whether it be size, looks, or whatever. Instead of complaining about it. Do something. Accomplishing something along the lines of making yourself feel better is an amazing feeling, and very rewarding in the end.

Yes, with regards to height you might be SOL, but work on improving how you look, your knowledge on something, Innergame.

I personally find that inner game controls your ******d appearance. If you're comfortable in your shoes, you'll be confident, relaxed, and just better off in general. Girls will notice your confidence and definately be more receptive as a result. Guys will repect you a lot more as you're not unpleasant and trying to be someone you're not.

Last thing. If a girl rejects you just because you're "short"..do you think she'd be worth keeping anyways???

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Le Parisien

- Being short doesn't excuse you from being fit. Personnaly I don't recommend becoming real bulk, because that would be a kind of overcompensation. I've seen girls laughing at some anaesthetically overly muscular short guys. Trust me, it's a NO NO.

this is the only place I've ever heard of people claiming that girls laugh at guys that are short and muscular

Muscular guys get respect from other guys and are desired by HOT women from what I've seen. The only girls that seem to act like they don't like muscular guys are girls that never would've stood a chance with the muscular guy. If you don't use drugs I can't imagine anybody thinking you look too big other than those suicidal goth chicks that think Marilyn Manson is hot.

as for overcompensation, the same thing could be said about any girl that wears makeup

if we used their logic every girl is trying to compensate for an ugly face by wearing makeup
:rolleyes:

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silverback82
this is the only place I've ever heard of people claiming that girls laugh at guys that are short and muscular

Muscular guys get respect from other guys and are desired by HOT women from what I've seen. The only girls that seem to act like they don't like muscular guys are girls that never would've stood a chance with the muscular guy. If you don't use drugs I can't imagine anybody thinking you look too big other than those suicidal goth chicks that think Marilyn Manson is hot.

as for overcompensation, the same thing could be said about any girl that wears makeup

if we used their logic every girl is trying to compensate for an ugly face by wearing makeup
Yeah and I don't like girls who use too much make-up.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get really muscular, she will have a tough time arguing about how short guys cannot offer protection :D .

Some girls even have a fetish for short guys, and yes I do know one with it.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TubularBells28
If you get really muscular, she will have a tough time arguing about how short guys cannot offer protection :D .

Some girls even have a fetish for short guys, and yes I do know one with it.
describe her please

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I didn't mean people laughed at short muscular guys, but rather overly, unaesthetically muscular guys in general.

I especially remember this one time (almost two years ago and I still can remember, so just imagine how much "impression" the guy made), one short guy who just walked into the club was SO muscular that it was impossible for him to "let his arms down". I don't know if you see what I mean. Kinda hard to explain.
Imagine someone 5'5 with arms like this

Everybody was looking at him.
Trust me, the look was NOT of admiration, but rather as if it was some freak show.

Again, being Marylin Manson like would be much creepier:D

Talking about girl and make-up. Personally I don't like girls who wear heavy make-up. I prefer the natural look, or the natural look make-up style.:D

And I would say yes, girls who are overdoing make-up on their face are trying to overcompensate something, either their lack of attractiveness, or their low self-esteem (attempt of attention who**ing).

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TWO HINTS

1. buy some stylish boots which give you a couple of inches.

2. stop wasting your time wading through 7 page threads and get out into the field.

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
James Dean 172cm tall (5'7)

Tom Cruise 170cm tall (5'7)

Al Pacino 170cm tall (5'7)

Humphrey Bogart 172cm (5'7)

Mark Wahlberg 172cml (5'7)

Dustin Hoffman 168cm (5'6)

......i rest my case.

flu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fyrefly
James Dean 172cm tall (5'7)

Tom Cruise 170cm tall (5'7)

Al Pacino 170cm tall (5'7)

Humphrey Bogart 172cm (5'7)

Mark Wahlberg 172cml (5'7)

Dustin Hoffman 168cm (5'6)

......i rest my case.
What is your case? That there are famous short guys? Wow. Ok, let me help you with that:

Verne Troyer (mini-me) 2'8"

Case dismissed.

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
My point was that those six are regarded as some of the most attractive men of the last 50 years and they're all under 6 feet tall, and i know you understood the point jackass, you just wanted to take a cheap swipe at me so next time don't waste mine or everybody's elses time and take your negative spite and shove it up your ass.

flu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fyrefly
My point was that those six are regarded as some of the most attractive men of the last 50 years and they're all under 6 feet tall, and i know you understood the point jackass, you just wanted to take a cheap swipe at me so next time don't waste mine or everybody's elses time and take your negative spite and shove it up your ass.
mini me married a 6'0 tall model

proof that status and fame > looks
I'll admit that was a cheap swipe... but the thing is that a lot of you people are hung up on height. No reason to dwell about things you cannot change.

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to be blunt but if you are short and not good looking then forget it because no woman anywhere will ever take a second look at you.

Just ask Neil Strauss!

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, and Tom Cruise all have one thing in common

Attitude.

Watch

The Big Sleep
Rebel Without A Cause
Top Gun

the guys are all 5'7, but they're cool with who they are, they're relaxed, they're smooth, they're comfortable. The way Humphrey Bogart always looks as if he knows what's going on, the way he talks to people, how James Dean doesn't seem phased by whatever is going on, how nothing can ruin Tom Cruise's confidence in himself. Watch the movies and you'll understand.

The shortness of these guys never stopped them getting chicks, although it is in the movie, the way they pull girls is just awesome, they're not insecure at all, they are pure confidence and calm. If you've seen the movies you'll understand, Humphrey Bogart could talk a 6 foot woman into bed i reckon.