Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you get married?

Will you get married?

• Total voters

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are jaded. Damn.

I absolutely plan on continuing my family line and my legacy. I want my kids to be successful and see them achieve things. GOD DAMNIT YOU WILL PLAY BASKETBALL YOU LITTLE MORON. JUST CAUSE DADDY DIDNT MAKE IT DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN NOW GET YOUR ASS ON THE COURT. Uhh. where was I?

Divorce laws. Yeah yeah, they suck and all that. This is the reason I'm reading a book called "Divorce Laws for Men" - I HIGHLY advocate this book to everyone, it is very easy to read, is short and very wise. You can set up pre nups any way you want nowdays, so you can form a reasonably contract with your wife. There are numerous ways to get around her resistance about the pre nup as well.

While I see your point of the woman changing and becoming crazy in marriage, the truth is with the right conditoning and the right woman you can have a great life and a great marriage.

My ideal plan would be to wait as long as possible, and get hitched at 35+
Who wants kids when he is 50? Not me.

And jariel, you should be working out and dressing nice to impress yourself. I dont care what you say, once you are a fat piece of sh1t your confidence will wash away mighty quick.

Don Juan Montoya

Don Juan
Reaction score
A man doesnt benefit from marriage. Everything you get in a marriage you can get when you are dating a girl. Dont live with them & dont support them. Most marriages are doomed from the beginning because so many people get married way TOO YOUNG. They havent traveled, went to school or grown up yet. So many friends of mine are divorced w/ kids & paying child support/vaginamony....its nuts. There life is over & they have no life & they are bitter.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ just what I wanted to say.

"You can set up pre nups any way you want nowdays, so you can form a reasonably contract with your wife. There are numerous ways to get around her resistance about the pre nup as well.

While I see your point of the woman changing and becoming crazy in marriage, the truth is with the right conditoning and the right woman you can have a great life and a great marriage."

Sure, the horror stories may not come true for me, but who am I to say? And in the end we're all mortal anyway, no matter how many children we have. At some point it could become possible that what's good for the society may not be good for the individual. Having kids is one example right now. The least they could do is institute mandatory paternity tests at birth.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about if you guys who are opposed to marriage get a chronic illness? Who is there to look after you? I have seen this happen to older couples a few times (and see in up close and personal with my next door neighbours who I became friends with), and the other partner is an absolute angel and sticks by their side right to the end. Without that partner to lean on, the one with the chronic illness would have really been between a rock and a hard place without their partner!

In my next door neighbours case, the woman got stuck in a wheelchair, and partly crippled, she was absolutely helpless. Her husband did and does EVERYTHING for her, including takes her out for dinner, takes her on holidays, makes sure her life is still somewhat fun! Without him, she would most definately be in a nursing home rotting away, simply waiting to die (no way of living the good life, out pickin up and being a gun in the gym)!! Its the companionship and partnership that is what interests me most in marriage! Someone to commit yourself too, and someone who does the same for you, "in sickness or in health"!

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If some guys don't want to marry, that's fine with me. If some guys don't mind thinning out the genepool by reducing the range of opportunities for their bastard children, hey, that means greater opportunities for my legitimate children and thus a stronger, longer, and greater lineage.

CactusMcDougal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow, I fear that if I were to somehow spawn I'd produce some of the most pathetic creatures you ever saw. Sure, I may be a genius (by Intelligence Quotient standards), but most likely my offspring would be dim-wits. Either that or they would be the most hideous things to walk the planet. Or they would have a slew of psychological problems that seem to run in my family. No, I think it would be best in mankind's interests if I ended my family lineage with me. Perhaps I would consider donating sperm; receiving money for masturbating, that's my dream job, ha ha!

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No... because I'm already married.

Jariel said:
...she can get as complacent as she wants, get fat, lazy, b1tchy and so on. Maybe the same will happen to me.... ...Isn't that what usually happens in marriages?
And thats why most marriages fail these days. People stop trying. They get lazy and it all goes to sh!t. Don't lose focus and this probably won't happen to you.

Jariel said:
Then there's the whole inequality thing, where men are generally expected to take responsibility for their wives, earn money to buy food, pay the rent and so on. I'll say it again, marriage does not benefit men!
Don't be so idealistic. No one ever said that life was going to be fair -
like it or not, thats called being a man. It's bacially the reason why you have a penis and not a pair of t!ts and a vagina. If you choose to marry a woman, it's on YOU to lead the relationship. It's on HER to follow.

Jariel said:
And I'll be honest, if I had my girlfriend (then wife) around me all the time, sharing the same house, having a decision in what food I eat, what TV programs I watch and what I do with my free time, I would go crazy!
I've been married just over a year now (hence the reason I'm not around much anymore) and it can be a pain at times. I see the ugly, human side of woman's true nature everyday now (and they are every bit as disgusting as we are). It's true, I can't spend hours chating with you guys and hanging around my favorite bars and clubs anymore, but thats cool.

All that time I was looking for something. You know what I'm talking about because you are looking for the same thing. This is the reason why you read about this stuff. It's the reason why you are reading this now. And if it isn't the case, then you're probablly homosexual and don't realise it yet.

I'm kidding but I'm not. :p

Anyways, I'll just tell you that I never found what I was looking for and neither will you. I never found it because it doesn't exist. You are chasing after an illusion. The 'idealistic' woman that every man desires. The woman that Hollywood and 'Entertainment Tonight' tell you that you have to be with.

Reality can be a b!tch, but it can also set you free.

Am I saying that you should run off and get married!? - no. Marriage truly isn't intended for everyone. infact, your life will be alot easier if you do not marry. It would also be alot easier if you just curled up into a ball and vegetated until you expired...

All I'm really saying is this - grow up!

It's time to put away childish things and be a man because a man is all you will ever be. Your smart wardrobe and favorite television programs amount to exactly jack sh!t. A man takes nothing from this world that he can hold in his hands. Ecclesiastes says it all, and its just as true of women as it is your bank statement or your fancy shoes.

Ask yourselves one question, 'What can I take but cannot touch?'

I hope you figure it out.;)

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Double post.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What were you looking for Spike? Be exact in your response

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
What were you looking for Spike? Be exact in your response

Purpose. Some might even say love, but if they are anything like I was then they haven't got a clue what that word even means. Those are the things I wanted, but I was really just looking to prove my manhood by means of falsehood and/or self-delusion.

Stop trying to be some kind of 'DJ' and just be what you are - a man. There is some great info on this site, but most of it is worthless. It is kind of like reading about how to breath or take a sh!t. In the end it's just a pointless pursuit of happiness. You shouldn't try to find your manhood in between the legs of some woman... all you'll get there is a handful of pu$$y.

Desperation probably isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

Laterz,

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike_the_Dragon said:
I've been married just over a year now (hence the reason I'm not around much anymore) and it can be a pain at times. I see the ugly, human side of woman's true nature everyday now (and they are every bit as disgusting as we are). It's true, I can't spend hours chating with you guys and hanging around my favorite bars and clubs anymore, but thats cool.

All that time I was looking for something. You know what I'm talking about because you are looking for the same thing. This is the reason why you read about this stuff. It's the reason why you are reading this now. And if it isn't the case, then you're probablly homosexual and don't realise it yet.

I'm kidding but I'm not. :p

Anyways, I'll just tell you that I never found what I was looking for and neither will you. I never found it because it doesn't exist. You are chasing after an illusion. The 'idealistic' woman that every man desires. The woman that Hollywood and 'Entertainment Tonight' tell you that you have to be with.

Reality can be a b!tch, but it can also set you free.

Am I saying that you should run off and get married!? - no. Marriage truly isn't intended for everyone. infact, your life will be alot easier if you do not marry. It would also be alot easier if you just curled up into a ball and vegetated until you expired...

All I'm really saying is this - grow up!

It's time to put away childish things and be a man because a man is all you will ever be. Your smart wardrobe and favorite television programs amount to exactly jack sh!t. A man takes nothing from this world that he can hold in his hands. Ecclesiastes says it all, and its just as true of women as it is your bank statement or your fancy shoes.

Ask yourselves one question, 'What can I take but cannot touch?'

I hope you figure it out.;)
Thanks for sharing your experiences, good post.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If some guys don't want to marry, that's fine with me. If some guys don't mind thinning out the genepool by reducing the range of opportunities for their bastard children, hey, that means greater opportunities for my legitimate children and thus a stronger, longer, and greater lineage.
Having children and getting married are not synonymous. Not anymore. Aren't 30% of births (in US or Canada, don't remember) out of wedlock? There has to be something driving people to not marry.

My good friend wants to marry for religious reasons. That's fine, if the woman shares his mindset. But marriage for the sake of marriage (cause that's really all it is if not for religion. There is no 'higher puropse' or 'superior morality' of marriage anymore) is illogical. So you sign some papers. So what? Can you really have a stronger relationship because of some papers? Does it give you anything you cannot get without marrying? (tax breaks don't count). That's really all it is - a bunch of legal papers that can stick with you for life. That, and a big fvcking rock, and a huge wedding.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disconnect said:
Having children and getting married are not synonymous.
I never said such a thing. Please reread what I wrote, and do yourself a favor and read Freakonomics. Legitimate children are more likely to endure a positive living environment than bastard children who either do not know their parents, were born to a single-parent environment, or who are born to an environment in which commitment is disparaged or casually dismissed.

Disconnect said:
But marriage for the sake of marriage (cause that's really all it is if not for religion. There is no 'higher puropse' or 'superior morality' of marriage anymore) is illogical.
Marriage is a social contract. The religious aspect of marriage is artificial and was primarily created for the purpose of establishing common ground in cases of arranged marriages. Learn the sociological history of marriage. Marriage is also a legal and binding contract that provides many social benefits.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike, That is horrible. Honestly, THAT is why you got married?

I think you just got it wrong from day one my friend, and while I can see your persuit of purpose as somewhat of a cause, it is childish to me. My purpose lays outside of the realm of women (for the most part). They are a tangible.. and once I need one or two or three I will still try to keep my purpose on target.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike_the_Dragon said:
Yeah, this is sad man. That woman does exist, I have seen people who are with *their* perfect woman. My brother is with a woman like that now, has been for like the last 15 years, and is still absolutely in love with her. Their personalities compliment eachother, they dont live simply for eachother but for other passions as well. She is very nurturing, and takes good care of him. He loves her for that, and she loves doing it to make him smile.

I found a woman like that years ago (after many years of fukcing around and a couple of other LTRs, and by LTRs I dont mean just a few months), and to me, she is my perfect woman. I would not ask for anyone any different whatsoever! Took me years and years of going through woman, all kinds of woman, ones with great personalities, beautiful ones, ones who had the personality and the beauty, but they just didnt do it for me completely. I realised I needed one I was attracted too, one I respected, but most of all, I realised I needed a girl who had her own backbone, and who simply loved caring for me and making me happy (a real nurturing woman). It is just the way she was born, and she loves seeing me happy. Now, I am far happier than I ever was when I was "banging" numerous beautiful girls! That life of being a "player" is one of the biggest media creations I have ever experienced!

Physical attraction, respect, chemistry, her own backbone and identity and most of all, a nurturing woman, are what I personally found the key ingredients to perfect long-term relationship material.

Thats just my 2 cents!

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got married because I found the right woman and I love her. No one is 'perfect'. No one. Live long enough and you'll figure that out.:up:

If you guys were really so detached from women you wouldn't spend so much time on a website about meeting and seducing women.

Maybe I'll post something again in a year or two. Maybe not.

Theres' detachment for you.

Laters. :p

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spike_the_Dragon said:
I got married because I found the right woman and I love her. No one is 'perfect'. No one. Live long enough and you'll figure that out.:up:

If you guys were really so detached from women you wouldn't spend so much time on a website about meeting and seducing women.

Maybe I'll post something again in a year or two. Maybe not.

Theres' detachment for you.

Laters. :p
Dude, Im older than yourself! :up:

I am not detatched from woman whatsoever!

Once you accept their problems and flaws, and love them even for those flaws, then they become your 'perfect' woman.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i think there might be a pretty good chance in the next few years. if not married by then, definately engaged. ;)